New commercial E-Caller ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogboy: Caller has already been field tested.We made an SLA model of the housing. The electronics have been in use by me and several friends for well over 1-1/2 years. I am only waiting for the molds to be finished to make sure keypad fits correctly and general assembly goes as planed.
Spanker

Spanker, If my math is correct 4x1.5 volts (as in 4 C size batterys) equals 6 volts. Is this a safe assumtion on my part? Larry

Spanker, say I want to use my cass,cd, or mp3 on your caller, will I be able to controle it with the remote? If so, will the player be located with me or with the caller? Will I be able to switch from my cass to the ones on the sound card?
Sounds like you got something great here. I cant wait to read the reviews this thing gets when it comes out. Im not gonna go after it right away, I did that with the Phantom and was very dissapointed.
Bake.

Bake, The remote control was designed for the sound card portion of the caller. However you can use the volune and down. Yoy can't change sounds or turn the caller off all together.

I understand there is also another feature on the caller which gives you the ability to add a decoy, that will run on the same battery as the calls... You can also get a LED light which would be great for night hunting and can be turned off and on with the use of the remote control, if you wanted to set the caller some distance away at night and turn it off as your calling and back on when you get ready to leave, just click the light on for easy locating... Being LED it will be very low drainage on the batteries... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Predator Spanker
That’s great!! what I bin reading about your call. I live in Lancaster co. You must be north of me or we should have bumped into each other wile out calling. I am one of four on the planning committee for PA. Predator Calling Association. This club was started last year. We had our first cook out this past summer and have our first two hunts scheduled for January for our members. I am very interested in this call. I’m sure hope you will keep use in formed when it can be purchased so we can try it in the field. Ernie

Predator Spanker,

Im most likely going to Penn. in April! Will your grass be long and need a cutting? And how dirty will them gutters be!?!?!?! Im ready for anything!!!

Thanks,

Andrew

Buckweat: This is spankey. Sounds like the little rascal reunion .I am also from Lancaster co.
We likely did cross paths. I always keep a low profile. You will have to let me know about the predator calling association.

Spanker

Spanker,
The club that Buckwheat is referring to is the PA Predator Hunters Association (PPHA). This is the first year of this hunting fraternity and we have 4 of the 6 state-wide districts operational ? the membership ranks continue to grow; we are holding district meetings and district hunts; and the club is comprised of both experienced and novice hunters/callers. The experienced members are providing the mentoring to bring the novices along. Certainly, this is an exciting period in any club startup.

Buckwheat brought this new caller to my attention - if you are interested to have a caller passed around to members of our club for use/evaluation, we will give you honest input and, via word of mouth, generate further interest in a good caller. I am sure that we wouldn?t mind using the prototype caller with the SLA housing until the real thing is available.

If interested, please work this through either Buckwheat or myself. Since Buckwheat is in your back yard, this may be more convenient for you. I certainly look forward to spending some time with this caller.

Regards,
Bob Popek,
President, PPHA
r.popek@comcast.net

I hope that I don't sound mean and nasty but it's just my skeptical nature. This topic is extremely hot, not only here but at other sites. There seems to be a lot of blind trust going on, but remember that this is the internet! Anyone can say anything without having to back anything up!(to include the manufacturer/distributor of this new caller) The guy may be 100% honest but I have no way of knowing that or it could be all hype. "Field tested" for 2 years means nothing. Send the units out to 5 people on this board and then let them post a review after 1 month. If it is as good as the claims the the maker should be swamped with orders. With as much traffic as this site gets it would be the best advertising possible, once again if it can back up all of its claims. NO I DO NOT WANT ONE SENT TO ME AS I HAVE AN E CALLER !! Please understand that I am not here to trash whoever is making this new call, I hope that it does work as it states because the market does need more competition.

Boy oh boy, somebody got up on wrong side of the bed today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I don't expect that the new caller being talked about here will work any magic tricks, but the more I read about it the better it sounds.

Jws: I appreciate your impute. Evedently you have not been following closely, so let me repeat several points. The information on the Loudmouth caller was not supposed to be realised to this capasidy yet! Their was a misunderstanding with one of our distributors and the info on our caller was made public. This is why I have decided to offer and invite your questions. although the electronics have been field tested by me and several frends, communications and arrangements have ALREADY been made for well known and compinent hunters to field test our unit,and give their unbiased opinion.

Spanker

Here is a quote from one of your replies about the functions of the remote control:

"The remote control was designed for the sound card portion of the caller. However you can use the volune and down. Yoy can't change sounds or turn the caller off all together."

So, do I understand what you just said or am I confused? From your quote, I understand that you can only change the volume or turn the caller off with the remote, you can't change sounds at all? Maybe I'm missing something here. If you can't change sounds, I think you are missing the boat with your new caller. That is one of the absolutely neat things about the FoxPro--the ability, not only to control volume and mute, but to change sounds as well.

Silvefox: Before you read my quote, back up and read the question posed to me.
Our remote control wil turn volume up and down Mute sounds change sounds and control decoy.
FOR THE SOUNS ON THE SOUND CARDS
The question posed to me was in reguards to using outside sound sources like a cassette player CD player or MP3 player.
The remote will work in part for this application although it was not designed to do so. You can turn the volume up and down on the caller not the player use the decoy and mute.

Predator Spanker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back