Where's NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
skb2706
Did you think we removed Nasa's posting privileges so that someone else could post for him?

Do you think we have privacy policy in place so you can try to get around them?

You may feel that your friend was treated unfairly, but there is a room full of mods with all the information who do not.

If you want to discuss our policies, we would be welcome your questions. If you want to discuss a specific case, you've already been told it is not PM policy to do so.

I sure hope winter comes a few months early this year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Keep it a family site. The language used on the other boards was revealing to those folk's character- or lack thereof. They sound off as potty mouthed children who never got the beating they desperately deserved. Members, take a warning from the mods seriously- they mean it. Give them a break. You really have no idea of the crap they endure. Rant over.

Well spoken...

Interacting with this site is a privilege, and as with any other privilege it can be taken away.

Quote:
Quote:
Keep it a family site. The language used on the other boards was revealing to those folk's character- or lack thereof. They sound off as potty mouthed children who never got the beating they desperately deserved. Members, take a warning from the mods seriously- they mean it. Give them a break. You really have no idea of the crap they endure. Rant over.

Well spoken...

Interacting with this site is a privilege, and as with any other privilege it can be taken away.

I'll third that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.Think maybe its time to let this thread sputter and die. We have more important things coming up, imho.

i love this place due to moderators keeping control.
even if tom if a buddy that i respect I'm sure he did something and i don't need to know what.
is it snowing yet can't wait tell big game is over so i can concentrate on coyote hunting.

Quote:
Is this a permanant ban, or a suspension?

Permanent, in that there is no set time for it to end. Some have come back after a few years.

I believe I started this thread and I did so for a reason.

Does the definition of rhetorical question come to mind?

The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks.

Tom is a good personal friend and I think over the years has offered a lot of positive things to PM. It is hard to believe his "credit rating" could be so quickly eroded.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'll add one thing to the comments here and take it any way ya want to.

NASA has always been respected by most among these boards. He has also earned a lot of credibility with out flaw, with most who have seen him post through the years, unlike several that admin or moderate, who have been tied up in questionable issues, that vanished or got spun in a whole other direction. I would have to say with looking at what mods and admin are replying, NASA is more then likely telling the trueth, and theres a lot of trueth in what others are saying, but it will never come out on this board under these conditions.

Do I really care? Not anymore, I'm kinda used to it, but I do care about NASA's reputation, which we all know, and I think in typical PM fashion he is being called a trouble maker and a liar, in post he can't defend himself in, which he probably would do quite well at.

Is PM headed in a new direction for the better? I hope so, but from the impressions left in post like these and others, it hasn't. The whole FoxPro/Predator Masters things was even predicted two years ago, to be repeatedly denied here, but anyone with thier eyes open can see whats going on. Ya still tell the sheep its not happening? Do I care about this issue either? Nope, but ya should call it what it really is and move on.

To boot ya got one mod here crying about kids and tantrums when he himself did the same thing on another board, but here he is in the position to being the "pot calling the kettle black" Oh, and he is a moderator on FoxPro? Imagine that?

I remember when Krusty got voted off. I don't remember the number of votes he got for being banned but I recall the numbers of not voted were 2 and and the number that voted for him to stay was 2, but I asked atleast 7 moderators at thweimte how they voted and they either said they didn't vote or the voted to for him to stay. I scratched my head over that one two. (Basic math)

Then ya got Rick being normal Rick, nothing out of the norm, and FO explaining to him the same stuff we all have and "Poof" FO is gone. Why? My guess is Rick is buying the big banner? I read that post several times before it got deleted, and still can't figure out any other reason other then Rick is now a cash cow and protection of the assets were in order? Because about two years ago Rick was pointing out the same stuff, and was even told in so many words that he was unstable and knew where the door was if he didn't like it. Now he is the golden child. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bottom line is you guys got jobs to do and for the most part its great, are you on the up and up? Probably most of the time? Do you leave yourself open? Alot! Do you explain everything? Nope, ya can't, it wouldn't be productive.

And to the moderator from the other board that posted, welcome to Predator Master. You must be fairly new here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

So as a long time member here and being close to both sides at some points, my honesty meter leans towards Tom's side, with out a doubt.

I know, before its even said by sheep and who else ever if I don't like it here I can leave. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Well I do like it here along with alot of the members I have came to know. I just call it like its painted sometimes. Like it or leave it.

Todd

When an advertiser, who's money ultimatly pays for the day to day operating costs of a site like this, to keep it up and running for all of us to enjoy....gets booted, I think the membership has a right to know why they are gone.

But...
You will never know why because of "policy" or the lawyers are handling it, which is sad.

I also consider Tom as a friend, I spoke with him on the phone last night, he helped me fill in a few blanks about some of the dealings around here, and I can say I have a much clearer picture now.

I know we can leave if we dont like it, which is another way of saying "we are watching this, speak against the establishment and your next"

I have never been warned or even crossed the line on this board, but after these comments I will prolly be banned, if so my suspicions would be correct. I also dont think this thread will be around much longer, and wanted throw in my 2cents worth.

"When an advertiser, who's money ultimatly pays for the day to day operating costs of a site like this, to keep it up and running for all of us to enjoy....gets booted, I think the membership has a right to know why they are gone."

I might add the advertiser Should have the right to know also.

The infractions should be listed and available to the person in question.

I thought the "them and us" was actually pretty close at one time.

Foseology on our other board in washington. was stirring crap there. he said he wanted to buy my fx5. i told my wife she was pissed. he said my wife get's the pipe layed to her by all of my best friend's. i told fos i couldnt sell it to him. 10 minute's later he said he wanted to by the white and black ebony ruined that post. he fought with a moderator all day. to put the crap back up that he said it was all about belittling me. he said some extreme stuff here to. of couse he dont say i couldnt sell them becauce he said that my wife get's the pipe layed to her by all my best friend's. thank you very much Todd now i have to quit here. i cant face all these people after what you have said about me. Foseology has caused me nothing but pain. like everything there is two side's. Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
This just plain stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds more like a cover-up

If PM has nothing to hide ecxept behind its so called rules that can be changed to fit any problem then answer the statement below

"The infractions should be listed and available to the person in question."

NASA was a good guy. He'd been here quite a while, but he sure knew just where to place the "stick" in the Hornets nest. Not saying it's a bad thing, but he sure could wind 'em right up when he wanted to.

I'll miss him...

Quote:
"When an advertiser, who's money ultimatly pays for the day to day operating costs of a site like this, to keep it up and running for all of us to enjoy....gets booted, I think the membership has a right to know why they are gone."

I might add the advertiser Should have the right to know also.

The infractions should be listed and available to the person in question.

I thought the "them and us" was actually pretty close at one time.

Dan, since you have stepped out and asked in an open thread, I will answer with this in an open thread.

Tell us and the members here you did not know and still don't know that you were in a situation that could result in the actions taken. Did you not know and still do not know what you did to result in the actions taken? Were you not notified and had a discussion concerning your actions and were you not informed that these actions would result if you continued? You were not banned as a member. Your sponsorship that allowed you to advertise on this board, a board on which you were gaining way more from than the board itself, was revoked. Nothing more. This is not a question of whether you agree with the actions taken by a joint concensus of all the Moderators that discussed this situation for over a 3 week period. It is merely a question of whether you were aware this action was being discussed and could take place.

We have already stated that we do not make public the actions taken in the mod forum when it pertains to members.

We would be happy to answer questions about policy or procedures we follow. This thread has been allowed to continue for that purpose.

Quote:
Before long there will be more mods than members

Oilfield, if you plan to sit there and just run your mouth, you'd be better off doing it elsewhere.
If on the other hand you have a question about PM policy please ask it. that goes for any one else.

We will continue with a discussion of policy and procedure, BUT we will not offer an arena for those who have nothing to add but the same old conspiracy theories or flat out lies and misinformation.

Alaskan Yoter, I can find nothing based in fact in your post. It has been evident for years from your posting here and elsewhere that you have issues with the moderators here, and me in particular. You seem to have a problem with everything from my name to my nationality.
What I find interesting is that I've been here everyday for 8 years volunteering to make this a better place and to promote the sport, while you continue to snipe with your "facts" skewed. If I wasn't doing a decent job, I would have been asked to leave as a mod. Simple as that.
You can be part of the problem or part of the solution.

You simply are not going to make everyone happy - period. Sometimes hard decisions must be made for the overall good that will adversely affect some people. IMHO as long as you made those decisions with a clear mind and with the sound purpose and goal of the betterment of the board, you live with it and move on. For those people who were banned, they knew what was up and they played their string out right to the end. Life is tough, but it is a whole lot tougher when you do dumb things. To lie and cry about it now only reveals exactly why their character led them to this end."

I’d like to clear something else up. NO ONE has ever been banned from this board to my knowledge because they had a opinion the mods did not agree with. I’ve explained how the process works. Accept it or not. I have 20
Mods making sure I don’t say anything here that isn’t accurate. So those that think they will be banned for posting in this thread, simply not true.

After a member has been approached usually several times by at least one and often more mods, a warning letter is sent.

Here’s a copy,. I’d like to know if it is clear or not. Keep in mind that it is sent after other warnings and discussions the member.

“Due to the complaints received by Predator Masters from members and moderators alike concerning your antagonistic and abrasive posting history, this message is to advise you that any further instances will result in immediate and permanent loss of posting privileges.

Reasons for immediate loss of membership privileges also include private messages or emails that are in violation of our terms of service, and sent to members or staff of Predator Masters.

Membership in PM is free. We are a nonprofit corporation, with a public image to maintain. If you are a member and you bring our reputation into disrepute, or attempt to, by a F/W conviction or trashing us elsewhere, we will simply revoke your membership. Membership here is not a right, it is a privilege. We can and will cancel it for any reason we see fit. If it is in the best interest of PM, that is a very good reason to do it.

If you have legitimate concerns about Predator Masters, they must be brought to one of the moderators or directors.

Conduct yourself accordingly."

Not one moderator has said NASA di not do good for this board, Not one mod said he wasn't a good guy. A banning means he was not prepared,to change what he was doing, after years of being advised that his behavior could result in his loss of privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back