Where's NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion is brought about for a period of several days.

ALL the mods that do their job with looking at their forums & participating in backroom discussions have ample opportunity to have their say & vote.

It is not something that is decided at a spur of the moment, then pushed through at a moments notice.

Sometimes discussions are left for weeks at a time. That gives evryone the chance to have their say in matters.
That is policy. It has not changed, nor will it.

Hope that helps some.

Quote:
You say you have 20,000 members.My question is how many are active 3 or 400

There is no way to answer that question for sure, but the stats at the bottom of the main page can give you an idea. Right now it they are:

Quote:
There are 59 registered and 40 anonymous users online.
Max users online was 729 @ 03/17/08 10:28 PM
Current adjusted date is: 08/13/08 05:24 PM

If we had 729 online at one time, I would say the number is much higher than 3-400.

I don't know, we don't do a role call.

As long as the ones that want to post have a place like this to post in, then I'm a happy froggy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember the good ol' days when stress meant, How are we gonna counsel Coyotebuster today? Remember him? He's probably all growed up by now and killing lots of coyotes.

Remember having only to worry about not ticking off Craig Hamilton?

Remember blowing your morning coffee out of your nose because of some out of the world reply by Encore?

Those were the days...

Its an absolute shame when folks get banned because in essence one loses a great many friends. The forums create a medium for posters to make and commune with lots of friends. My heart breaks for Tom just because I know how many thousands(and I mean that quite literally) of hours he has invested into PM over the years. I know absolutely nothing about what went on and my giveapooper is broke in that area. Tom would probably be pissed at me for posting this, oh well. My thoughts only - not his. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
My question is how many are active

How do you define "active"?

By looking at the user list, I see that we have over 75 pages of members with over 100 posts.

ot all pages have the same number of members per page but it looks to average about 23-25 mebers per page. That is about 1750 members with over 100 posts.

We have a lot of members who are browsing the forums on a regular basis who have a low post count. I met two at the PM hunt in Globe this last year who told me they are on all the time, but their post count is under 100.

Come on redfrog you say there is nothing to hide about the non profit stats but to me it looks like you are sure trying to hide something.You go around telling the people you have 20,000 members, come on.You said you went to HM to talk about hunting but you posted in the member fourm, you have been around these fourms for how long.You say you are for the good of PM butI will tell you, right now it don't look to good to be a part of PM.

Yellowhammer good point. I lurked on here for I cant tell how many months before I even registered. Then when I did register I didnt post for at least a month. I was scared to ask stupid ?, or for being called a liar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. Now im so addicted to this site my fiance already hates it and thinks "I spend way too much time on the stupid internet" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. In regards to the original post its a shame when somebody gets banned but needed. Nasa seemed like a good guy to me. IMHO the mods do a good job and I dont think they have to justify what/why they do on the public forum. All I have to say is hunting season is around the corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif and people are going to calm down and not be so critical/testy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

Locohead. It is good to see you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I wish it were under better circumstance.

Yep I remember those days.
I agree that NASA did spend a lot of time working for PM.

I said it is always a difficult call to ban someone when some of the work they have done or posted has been good for PM.
I've also said we all lose when someone gets banned.

We have had prostaff and moderators both as well as members who have done good stuff for PM and they have been banned.

We have also reinstated some in the past.

When they run all over the net running us down with a bunch of BS it ain't likely to happen, but you never know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Anyway I'm glad to see you, give the chick and critters a hug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I need to chip in. I'm a moderator on another forum - have been the last few years and it's not an easy task.

First off it's free of charge for my services.

Second - the on line personas that people have are not the same in person so a moderator must try and remember that.

Third - when a forum member is banned it's usually not an immediate decision - this action is discussed in the moderator forums and the group decides.

To say that a forum member had no idea it was coming is hogwash. Any moderator worth their salt is going to send PMs warning the forum member to cool their heels or face a suspension or be banned from the forum. If they choose to ignore the warnings, then the forum member is to blame - not the moderators.

And to say that a moderator or administrator hides behind the sign - what exactly is a forum member doing when they harass forum members? They are hiding behind a forum name and an IP address.

Riverrat! Obviously you have things figured out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

The only thing is you have them figured out wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Have you requested the 501C information?

How many registered members does your information show and could you post your source?

I didn't post there, I replied to Leonard's post. Why don't you go advise him where he should post on his board?

Read this post and then tell me why you don't want to be here.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubb...13#Post52902913

Last edited:
Quote:
Elk, but are you a Mod here?

No - not a mod here - but the process is pretty much the same. RedFrog made a post about the process (which I didn't read until after I posted mine) and PMs process is pretty much the same as where I am a moderator. It's not rocket science - or I'd be the last one they'd want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back