Where's NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If a member has a question or disagrees with something we do, they should contact one of the moderators or admin and the issue will be brought to the moderators' forum for discussion and resolution.

Again, I'm not the enemy here... We all know that they're a bunch of (ahem) "monsters" and I'm not into all that.

But my point is, how do I know if I agree with it or not when it's kept in hiding? For example: From what I know of NASA, I'm surprised he's gone. I'd like to know that it was justified. (From what I know of some others, I'm not surprised at all....etc.)

MJM, I can't believe you found the PM Administration HIDING right behind the PM Administration sign.

If you found us that quickly.it wasn't a very good hiding place.

Unfortunately this is not another conspiracy to confound the membership and hide covert operations.
It simply became too difficult to seperate the spokeman from Redfrog the member/moderator/ chairman. They thought everything that the "spokesman" posted was decided my Me, Redfrog.
So in an effort to make things crystal clear that I am simply the messenger and not the sole policy maker, the "PM Administration" was set up, and I was stripped of the spokesman title.

This thread was started as we were discussing the "PM Administration" We have had the discussion going for a few days now. This seemed like a good time post.

If you'll stay tuned we have another announcement to make today.
Again no comspiracy, just PM taking care of PM business.

Rainshadow, I know you aren't the enemy and I appreciate your concern. I guess it becomes a case of you taking a look around and deciding, is what we as mods or admin do going in the right direction.

Sometimes it takes days or weeks of discussions, sometimes over literally years before someone is banned. It is not possible to post all of that so that 20,000 members can say whether they agree or understand why it was done.

It is also the case that the action taken is between PM and the person involved. That is also why we do not make it public.

Put twenty people in a room and try to get them to agree on something. That is how this organization is run. I know how difficult it is to do this, asking 20,000 or however many want to be involved is not workable.

PM is part of the process, the member involved is another part. We have had discussions about posting details of these decisions, but at this point we are continuing with present policy.

Here's what I know about NASA as a person. I've written this before so it's no surprise to anyone that has read thing I've written. NASA has the gift of finding a sore spot and sticking his finger in it until it really hurts. I don't know if he does it on purpose, but he does have that gift. He also has shown an unacceptable level of, lets call it, ethnic intolerance at times. ...... In some ways I understand the decission, in some ways I miss NASA's being around.

Redfrog, One can't help but wonder if this new *PM Administration* all came about after you registered on the HM board and took the verbal beating of your life.

You seem like a pretty intelligent guy. My question is.. What in the world were your expectations when you registered and started posting on the HM board?? You KNEW most of the guys over there are outcasts from PM and held nothing but bitterness towards PM. What were you thinking??

D.C., Obviously I registered there as Redfrog, not PM chairman or spokesman, for the same reason the PM Administration was registered here and the Spokesman title removed from my name. People all over the planet were confusing Redfrog the good guy with Redfrog the spokeman who rules the evil empire at Predator Masters and runs around banning people.

You asked about me so I will respond to that.

A person would have to have been living in a cave to not know I've been slammed all over the interent. Mostly it doesn't bother much. I consider the source and move on.
I've been a moderator here for over 7 years. During that time I have volunteered thousands of hours as well as finances to be one of the many who helped move PM forward as a premier predator hunting organization. I take a lot of pride from that.

I have also tolerated personal attacks on me, my friends, my family and my business. For the most part I've not responded in a public way to these attacks. I've thought that anyone looking for a hunting site or more importantly a predator hunting site should find exactly that, not another session of "As the Stomach Turns" or the daytime version of "Whack a Frog".

Recently someone who was a member here started a site with the express purpose of bashing PM and our staff. That member was susequently banned from here. The people who post on that site hide their identities. Some of them post here as members, but don't say the same thing, for fear of getting banned. That is the only good judgement they show.

Someone registered as "Redfrog" on that site.

I then went to Huntmasters and tried to register there to prevent that same person from using my name at Huntmasters.
Leonard approved my application with some apprehension I'm sure.

It's common knowledge that there has been tension between our two boards in the past. We do things differently and cater to a different type of membership.

I knew I was in for a rough ride. Apparently a lot of people there don't like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif But I thought once we got past that, and started discussing hunting that it might help ease some tensions between our boards, and show whether the most important thing is the health of the sport or beating on a frog.

Some think I'm not doing too well, and I might agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif It isn't the first time in my life I expected better from some people.

The "monster" site was a catalyst for me. We can spend our time and efforts trashing each other, and running conspiracy theories around, or we can try to tolerate a different POV and try to present this sport in the best light possible.

"We can hang together or we will surely hang seperately."

Quote:
I'd like to know that it was justified.

I'm sure most would. The problem comes in that not everyone would agree on what is "justified".

If a member is banned, you can know that majority of the moderators and administrators felt it was.

It's my understanding that not even Tom was told why he was banned. Supposedly when he was asked why he got an answer similar to "It's out of my hands" and no answer was given.

Quote:
dc, FWIW, I've seen worse "verbal beatings" in grammar school.

Steve. You attended a rough grammer school buddy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
It's my understanding that not even Tom was told why he was banned. Supposedly when he was asked why he got an answer similar to "It's out of my hands" and no answer was given.

His last post had to do with the non profit status of PM. I sure hope that's not what got him banned.

SBF your understanding is incorrect.

Let me see if i can help.
These matters are not made public for several reasons, some of which have already been stated.

Let's take a walk through a typical banning at PM. a member posts something that is against the TOS. The mod for that forum says HMM/ wonder what's bugging him. At that point the mod may simply edit the post or delete it and pm the member with a note. that is usually the end of it and happens here several times a day.

OR
It happens again or the member gets the message and tells the mod to pound sand and mind your own business.

At that point the mod will bring the issue to the moderatos forum and ask if anyone knows a reason for this otherwise sane person to behave so irrationally and out of character.

If no reason is known, then the mod will request a warning be sent to the member. that is noramally the end of it.

OR the member says "You missed my first message, I said pound sand."
The matter is then brought back to the mod forum for a vote to suspend for 30 days. Normally that is as far as it goes.

Or the member continues his violation of the terme of service and reiterated his instructions about the sand, and a ban vote is called.

If the vote to ban is carried, then that is the end of it.

OR the member can demonstate that he was having a bad year{S} and now feels much better and would like to post again. At that time the mods will discuss the issue and make a decision.

Now sometimes because of the grievous nature of the offence, such as trolls and other posters whose sole purpose is to disrupt this board, any or all of the these steps may be accelerated.

I'm sure you've read all over the net that we ban people who
a] don't agree with us
b] want to express an opinion
c] who favor one sponsor's product over another
d] who are just misunderstood
e] for no reason at all.

That is simply not the case. If it were we wouldn't have to spend hours discussing these things. We could simply flip the switch on those we each felt were a pain. That kind of behavior will get you fired as a mderator.

We now have over 20,000 members and very close to a million posts in the 8 years that PM has been operating.

During that time we have banned approx 40 people total by a vote of the mods.

Not 40 per week or month or year. 40 total.

There have been more "members" than that who have had the switch flipped with one post. They were obvious spammers, etc. Even in those cases the mods were advised of who and why.

When someone is banned from this site they do know why. Whether the accept responsibility for their actions or not is probably an indicator as to why they were banned in the first place.

No one has the right here, to get up in the morning go to the control panel and say "Who do I hate today."

So if the banned member is reinstated at some point should he be forever known as the meber who did this or that and got banned, because we posted the details, or should he be allowed to start with clean slate?

please excuse the spelling typos. two fingers you understand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Randy you know that is ridiculous. You asked about our status and were told how to get the information. You didn't get banned.

If someone is looking for NASA he is at Predator Monsters along with the other "Anonymous" Members. He goes by Beetlejuice.

Do you really believe the mods here have no clue as who is doing and saying what?

Or do you think this organization was set up as a Not for profit, so it would be easier to siphon money with the IRS and anyone who wants to see our records watching /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Move on there is nothing to see here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It is not uncommon for a banned offender to come back multiple times under different names. When they are found out, they are "turned off" because they have already been banned.

40 banned members out of 20,000+ members is pretty incredible I would say.

You might find it interesting that some of that 40 were former staff who abused their "power" as Jim suggested.

You might also find it interesting that many of those "40" were banned before many of the mods or admin even found PM, and therefore had nothing to do with it.

It is indeed. Even if they post as Jabba The Hut, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif or Spawn for instance...(just an example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back