Where's NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redfrog

"Oilfield, if you plan to sit there and just run your mouth, you'd be better off doing it elsewhere.
If on the other hand you have a question about PM policy please ask it. that goes for any one else."

Go ahead and ban me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will send back a caller from one of you advertizers and as you say run my mouth to them.

I think what you did was just plain Chicken S$$$t now than is my opinion along with many others. So ban me for stating my opinion or as you say running my mouth

So ban me for my opinion this forum is going down hill and at a fast rate of speed!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because NSAS wasn't a yes man or puppit he is gone.

Quote:
Redfrog

"Oilfield, if you plan to sit there and just run your mouth, you'd be better off doing it elsewhere.
If on the other hand you have a question about PM policy please ask it. that goes for any one else."

Go ahead and ban me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will send back a caller from one of you advertizers and as you say run my mouth to them.

I think what you did was just plain Chicken S$$$t now than is my opinion along with many others. So ban me for stating my opinion or as you say running my mouth

So ban me for my opinion this forum is going down hill and at a fast rate of speed!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because NSAS wasn't a yes man or puppit he is gone.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Some people's kids.......

Oilfieldtrash.
I suggest you go back and read this thread again. I don't ban any one, the moderators do as a group.

We don't ban for opinons we do for violation of our TOS or the reasons in the warning I posted.

If you are unhappy with a piece of equipment that you purchased, take it up with whoever you bought it from. It has nothing to do with PM policy.

Here's somemore reading material for you.

TOS

I can't find anything in there that says don't express your opinion. There are some suggestions on what is an acceptable way to do it.
Hope this helps.

"If you are unhappy with a piece of equipment that you purchased"

Iam not unhappy with the equipment I am unhappy they advertize on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not let NASA back on for 3 days to defend his self or are you afriad of what he might say??

I know this is against the rules but who makes the rules?

If you say no one is banned because of thier opinion their should be no problem right???

Quote:

I am not unhappy with the equipment I am unhappy they advertize on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think that's funny... If you don't like the forum then leave...
If I don't like the taste of something I don't eat it. Plain and simple.
And if you have a problem with a company who advertises on this site then take it of with them... The company chose to advertise here, PM didn't force them to advertise with them. It's not rocket science.
You are free to make your own decisions.

Quote:
"If you are unhappy with a piece of equipment that you purchased"

Iam not unhappy with the equipment I am unhappy they advertize on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not let NASA back on for 3 days to defend his self or are you afriad of what he might say??

I know this is against the rules but who makes the rules?

If you say no one is banned because of thier opinion their should be no problem right???

And I thought my wife and three daughters had a lot of drama - you my friend, have taken the trophy, crown, sash and made a bee line to front of the drama club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:

And I thought my wife and three daughters had a lot of drama - you my friend, have taken the trophy, crown, sash and made a bee line to front of the drama club. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You just made my day!

Quote:
I remember when Krusty got voted off. I don't remember the number of votes he got for being banned but I recall the numbers of not voted were 2 and and the number that voted for him to stay was 2....

Todd ... So now you are into making up facts and figures??? LMAO.

I can look in the mods forum and tell you exact numbers and who voted which way and you are flat wrong on that one.

Thing is if I told you the facts of who voted what way I would be breaking confidentiality and that would require the other moderators to remove me from moderatorship for it..

See where I'm going with that one???

If you asked 7 moderators which way they voted (which I doubt) and they told you (which I really seriously doubt) they broke confidentiality

Need I say more?

Calling it like I see it..........

When is somebody going to lock this thread so we can go on to other things? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Why do that there is a chance to bann more people if they don't agree and send an even bigger message.

oilfieldtrash...Do you honestly believe we sit around and enjoy banning people?

Do you honestly believe "in your face abrasive posting" is a good way to get something done or changed?

Do you really think smartalleck * posts such as the one you just posted will get you anywhere?

Or are you trying your best to get noticed around here?

You really do have a lot to learn...

word edited for the reason my attention was called towards it.

My sincerest appologies to the members and to oilfieldtrash for purpously avoiding the censor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifJames Lindley

Last edited:
James, Redfrog, Yellowhammer, and all other Mods...

Keep it up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Most of us here think you guys undertake and absolute THANKLESS job, and for what it's worth, I think that everyone of you err on the side of caution and common sense whenever you undertake a task such as banning etc., and these regretful tasks are completed about as fairly as can expected. Not everyone knows the "whole story", nor should they, and not everyone will agree.

I believe this is the very reason that this board has no lock on the door, and folks can leave if they want! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Let the "kids" run around and scream with the scissors in their hands....The rest of us know the deal, and we appreciate it!!!

Jeff...

"You really do have a lot to learn..."

Oh I understand your way of thinking or the highway..

After everything NASA did, yes I read all of his post and what he contbuted out wieghted his faults 3 to 1.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh I understand your way of thinking or the highway..

Bullcrap..

You obviously have a burr under your hide for some unexplained reason..

I will tell you this..

I would suggest that you alter your methods and do things in an intelligent sort of way.

Being rude and loud leads one to think bad things about you and I for one don't want that for you...

Now... I asked you some fairly easy questions..

Would you like to answer them or continue to pretty much wreck any kind of good reputation that you may be able to make for yourself?..

Quote:
Why do that there is a chance to bann more people if they don't agree and send an even bigger message.

Man some people just can't see the whole picture.You remind me of a frog born in a well,growing up that frog looks up every day and sees what he believes is the whole sky. C'mon man you're giving oilfield hands a bad name.You can't be as simple minded as you portray yourself.Stop your whining and go away!

Wow....I have had about enough of all of this. I have some observations to throw out there.

For the record, I consider Nasa a friend. I also will be the first one to admit that Tom is a handful. He is a unique individual, and a lot of people could learn some things from him, if they listened. I am sorry to not see him here any more, but I am merely a guest, as is EVERYONE ELSE .

Now, I do not know anything about the situation going on. I am not making an arguement for EITHER side. However, I do know a little something about moderating a board, and administrating one. It is a tough and thankless job. A person in one of these positions will never win, you are constantly wrong according to someone. It is a sense of duty to the members that keeps a person doing that job. People are entitled to their opinions, but just remember this. You have a right to free speech, but if you come into my yard and start with your "right" then I also have the "right" to counter your action.

Again, I am not saying Tom or PM was right or wrong. I simply don't know enough about the situation. To be honest, it isn't my fight. What I am concerned about is people on here who don't pay the bills, or make any contributions around here, thinking that they are entitled to pressure for details that aren't gonna be provided. An old saying of blood from a stone comes to mind.

If a board has a set policy, they shouldn't deviate from it. Not a single time. Period.

Guys, I don't want to stifle anyone's right to their opinion, but I also know the rules that are in place. That is my opinion.

Editted because sometimes, you just have to eat mud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
I disagree with a strong prevailing attitude here and that's "if you don't like what happens here, leave".

I like it here, and have liked it for several years. I spend more time here that I do with my wife.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I do believe if there is a problem, and I'm not saying there is, we work together as a group of adults and fix it. We don't start name-calling, or the discussions about the marital status of our parents when we were conceived.

Ultimately, I may get thrown out of here, but I sure as heck and not going to walk away voluntarily.

However, I sure miss NASA.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

"I disagree with a strong prevailing attitude here and that's "if you don't like what happens here, leave".

This prevailing attitude might change if some of the sponsors don't like it and leave!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back