Wolf versus American Pitbull Terrier?

Wolf. Pits are tough and stubborn but not that tough. Domesticated animals dont come close to those of the wild.

This is not even a contest. The Pit wins hands down all day. Wolfs aren't bred for fighting. Pits are bred and trained to fight for hours sometimes. And the size of the wolf is of no importance. The Japenese have a dog named Tosa that is bred for fighting and is well over a hundred pounds. Pits routinley whoop those dogs. Pits were used by butchers in the past to catch bulls. This one is a no contest. APBT all day! Look up "catch dogs" anywhere on the internet. People still use Pits to catch wild hogs and bulls.

Last edited:
Maybe not a pitbull but a Dogo Argentino or a Rhodesian Ridgeback would be my vote.. but between the two mentioned.. Wolf no contest.

and yes I do own a couple of pits.. they are awesome in every way but I doubt one on one they could overpower a wolf.. There was a show about the bite signature on dogs, pits, sharks etc.. and yep you guessed it.. the wolf has the strongest bite..

-Juanjo

This is kinda dumb to be even talking about,so, by all means I'm in.I've only seen two fights involving pit bulls.One got his butt handed to him by a golden retriever.The other was when this big burly,tough looking pit bull went after this cute little happy go lucky pooch that all the neighborhood kids played with.Her name was Ginger.Ginger ripped this guy to pieces.Twice!He learned his lesson then and limped home.I saw the owner of Ginger later and told him what happened.He laughed and said that Ginger was a pit bull.Ugliest pit I ever saw.Or maybe the cutest.But,boy could she ever get a good choke hold.But the wolf gets it done here.

I have too chime in on this topic wether it's dead or not....and I've prob missed a posting or two here and there but immediately right near the top of this post someone posted I quote "they are bothblood thirsty killers" now immediately this sets a fire in me....granted these animals have been purposely breed for sport fighting for as long as people havehad the desire too see them fight and accordingly have breed "gameness" into choice bloodlines and anyone who thinks this is wrong needs too evaluate Thier standing on all dogs which are breed for sport or hunting....if thought about would you criticize your lab for retrieving a waterfowl or a springer for doing so in an upland bird hunt? I find it highly unlikely...now I'm by no means condoning "pit fights" I find them very unethical immoral and in general just wrong.I have been around a good bit of fighting dogs and fighting cocks in my time which I also disagree with and I will have too vouch for the fact that the fighters I was around are more often than not a "lap dog" with people......not the cold blooded killer as they are always portrayed as in public press ....granted thy generally dislike other animals be it cats coons possums groundhog coyotes and other dogs..and will likely once engaged destroy be any and all means their competitor..this is theyre heritage it's what they where and are breed for it's no diff than putting lassie down for herding sheep or whatever the job they were designed too do..now I also must say that man has created and altered some too be certain ways likable or not to the majority of us a person can make anything mean accordingly too it's treatment and up bringing and in all reality the most "mouthy" canines are surprisingly dogs which grandmas and aunties generally have...cocker spaniels and taco bell dogs and yard crapper in general for lack of a better description but the damage is minimal if any so they fly under the radar as far as being labeled biters then IMHO two breeds of dogs I will have nothing too do with nor let my kids around are a chow and dalmation....unbelievable yes but this has been my overall experience and I have the scars too prove it...yet I still don't label them as killers just bad experiences mearly..now anyone who's been around Pit fighting and or breeders should know that even they do not want a "mouthy" dog when it comes too people that is. It's a nono too the sport and just isn't right too them and they won't have that breed into thier stock....now the press ho label them as "killers" and the people who have created animals as such are entirely wrong...yes I own a Pitt I also own 2 rotts and the Pitt stopped an unknown person in a house invasion upon my wife and child while I was at work my dog let's kittens nurse from her when Thier mother wouldn't do so she has also destroyed possums skunks groundhogs muskrats and the odd stray cat or dog which has been in our area and everytime I have seen her do this she has started out on the curious side more of a hey what's this thing? Mentality and inevitably the other animal lost the nerve and struck first granted understandably so I don't blame them I'd think she was going too eat me too if I Ives everyday worrying about something trying too kill me,,,,but needles too say she finished the fight.....not started but finished and that's what they were breed too do be finishers too finish the fight too win too please thier owner and unfortunately some people have abuse this loyalty and used them in ways they shouldn't be...owning a Pitt is a responsibility too take care of them just like any other pet too keep them out of trouble and too avoid situations that can be avoided....once agian I do not like Pitt fighting by any means but I love the breed and will always have one on my premises....I find it alarmingly hipacritical of society too say that a specific breed or color or up bringing is worthless and should be eradicated or controlled in any manner....be it dogs cats bears all the way up too people now mind you...after all if we say a certain ethnicity is more app too be put in jail or thrown out of school or dropout or be anything unordinary we would be racist and segregationists and all those other names which light up the front pages everyday...which I am none of the above nor would I say someone else is so how is it viable and standard too label an animal as such?? They merely react how we influence them too be no different than our children if your are a drunk or stoner or etc good chance your children will be the same this is called learning and teaching it goes both ways for they good and the bad habits...now that I've stated my opinion in my small book I just wrote Pitt fighting is not always nor is directly linked too the size of a dog helpful yes dependent no...the adage it's not the size of the dog in the fight it's size of the fight in the dog rings completely and totally true in canine fights and most breeds are more apt too bluffing and showboating which will generally settle a fight before it ever begins but in general Pitts are not into this game of I'll scare you away they are there for the real deal and have no qualms about getting too the point and in a fight will rarely make a sound as far as barking or growling cause they understand it's all show and therefor pointless so generally don't do it they just go and get on with it and the gameness then comes in from then on they will rarely give in untill they have absolutely nothing left in them....injured broke bleeding or not the will see it too the end if the have too crawl out for the next scratch they will do so willingly of course I'm speaking of a very game animal and they all have Thier limit but overall the limit is beyond what the body can take which most other breeds will not come near too besting them size or not.I'm not speaking of a 70 lb Pitt against a 175 lb rott or mastiff etc but size comparatively I'll take a dollar on a 70 lb Pitt and a 100'lb diff breed all day. A wolf is a whole new ball game,,depend on alot to me alpha male? And Size of course a dominate male more likely too stand his ground and not give in a subordinate prob tuck tail and jet given chance but I'd say 60 percent or better too the wolf just cause of statistics size and Thier stamina levels but again most of a wolves day too day life is governed by bluffs and threats they rarely have too actually fight let alone too the death..of course they have Thier everyday spats a bite here nip there but that is not fighting by any means that's the hierarchy at work a pecking order is constantly set a Pitt does not do this and plays all or nothing all the time in fighting so a wolf unless a large alpha male will definately have it's paws full but the right Pitt is going too clean house time too time but guaranteed every wolve will know that the Pitt had been there and be left licking his wounds even if he did put the Pitt down

Holy wall of text!

blink.gif

i have a 119lb "pit" as you guys are calling them. i dont fight him and i don't like that name! that being said, my brother got attacked by a 500+ lb breeder boar hog. my dog instinctively ran in and grabbed the boar by the face instantly and dropped it like a sack of potatoes. by the time i got my brother away and tried to get the dog off. he had all but pulled the hogs bottom jaw out!made good sausage btw.i'm saying if one on one with a wolf... bye bye mr wolf! use the "pit" as a catch dog and send in a pack of pomeranians in for the coup de gras!!! lol

Quote: This is like a 25 foot alligator in a alligator farm in Florida, be exacted, in Tampa Florida, north of town that alligator farm, that 25 foot alligator weighs over 1 1/2 ton, that 25 footer

What are you talking about?
confused.gif
There isn't any 25 foot alligator in Florida.

Quote:Don't forget a full grown male wolf can easily be 200 pounds...Scary to see, wait to you see one...Bob17...

Do you just make this stuff up or what? The world record wolf was only 176 pounds.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/175081/biggest-wolf-on-record-shot-dead-report

Last edited:
I really don't know which would win, but just because a dog can hold a pig really doesn't prove anything.People have been useing hounds on hogs,bears,lions and what ever else for decades. Are you guys suggesting a wolf wouldn't be able to take down a hog? I would expect a wolf could take down and kill a hog fairly easily. I know they kill alot of livestock every year. I would have to take a wolf on this one.

Originally Posted By: WolfeI really don't know which would win, but just because a dog can hold a pig really doesn't prove anything.People have been useing hounds on hogs,bears,lions and what ever else for decades. Are you guys suggesting a wolf wouldn't be able to take down a hog? I would expect a wolf could take down and kill a hog fairly easily. I know they kill alot of livestock every year. I would have to take a wolf on this one.

correct... a 18 lb jagd terrier can hold a hog.

Bob, you are mistaken. There has never ever been a 25 foot alligator. The supposed world record is only 19 feet. I say supposed because there is only sketchy documentation to verify it.

The largest saltwater crocodile in captivity is only about 17 feet.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-15/qld-croc-worlds-biggest/2901050

And the largest on record is only 21 feet.

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Philippines_catches_largest_crocodile_on_record_999.html
I just told you that the world record wolf was 80 kg (176 pounds)

I don't know if you really believe some of this stuff you are saying or you are just baiting a hook to see who bites.

Back