Wolf versus American Pitbull Terrier?

THIS is a link to the biggest Crocodile ever caught...

THIS] is a link to the largest Alligator ever documented...

What carny type hustlers tell audiences is not always the truth...Just like some of the carny games can't be won...Used to investigate a lot of them..

Well of course if you turn a pit loose in a forrest with wolves its going to get killed... a pit stands no chance for a pack.. Just because your in Minnesota doesnt make your wolves any more big and bad than other states.. a 200 pound wolf is BIG so big that with my very small knowledge of Science I would have to draw an assumption that it wouldnt live very long just because of its size.

If this was a true game bred sporting mans pit like say a large bullson bred pit I would bet the farm on the pit. Sure there are exceptions to this debate but best of the best the pit is gonna win. There is a reason they don't breed wolves for pit dogs. The game bred pit has the the major advantage over the wolf he's dead game bred.

If I had a choice of breed to bring to the pit against this "killer wolf" a Swinfords Bandog would absolutely crush a large timber wolf they are a dead game 125-135 pit bul pretty much.

Its hard to say, as a wild animal I think the wolf would disengage if it thought it would take too much damage. Where as the pit which is bred purely to fight would have to be killed to lose. THe strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf. Two or more wolves they would definitely take on a larger dog. But they , like coyotes, knownothing of sport fighting or bravery or anything else. Its not bred into them, they are about efficiency and food. THe wolf being much larger probably could kill the dog, but I doubt it would fight to the point it could. 1 on 1.

Hello gunners, you just havenot seen enough wolves up close to say anything. the jaws on a adult wolf are larger longer and stronger too do nothing but crush bone.

Im always interested in these types of debates and being a nerd and with a dog interest i know for a fact that a sheep dog breed and trained properly can take 2 wolves at once by it self….iv seen it an believe its still on youtube……one on one the pit would win 4 out of 5 times…..depending on what wolf it was coming across and other mild factors…..like stated before the pit don't quit, wolfs do fight and all that but they are trained from pups that they back down and the fight stops, or they run away and the other animal just eats, if the wolf were cornered with no option but to fight it would and im not saying the pit would dominate but in the end i think it would prevail…..there skin is made for them to get bit and still be able to move, there jaws and temperament is designed to kill other 4 legged animals to well…..its a man made tool and its been made well….man has been killing wolfs as long as they have been domesticating dogs….pits aint wolf killing machines like a sheep dog or other similar breeds that were just made for that purpose but you do have tounderstand that man has improved them substantially…..think a quarterhorse racing horse compared to a mustange the mustang would live in the wild but when it comes to a race, quarterhorse all the way….at least thats my half a$$ opinion
smile.gif

o youtube video of sheep dog ---->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrK0rRGanu8

You are kidding right? That is some kind of cheap made movie footage, the "wolf" is closer to the size of a coyote. For goodness sake, the sheep is bigger and carries it around for a while! The whole time the "wolf" can't bring the sheep down. I guess if that is a wolf, then that must be some breed of jumbo sheep on steroids.

This is some good stuff, I think someone important should get ahold of whatever channel on cable that simulates the battles of all types of ancient warriors, I think it is "Deadliest Warriors" and tells the outcome whatever percentage of the time. I would like to see that show on this subject myself.

Imo the pure wild factor of a wolf gives it a lot more of an advantage. The average wolf is gonna be larger and just as mean as the average pit and be fighting for its life not because it likes to fight !! Any wild animal with its back against the wall is a lot more dangerous than a domesticated animal just out looking for a fight !!

Funny that a wolverine can make a wolf turn tail when they see it's not a easy win.

The APBT would fight till it's last dying breath,not saying the could beat a wolf but they definately have more heart.

I'd say pound for pound the Honey Badger would put up a serious fight against a wolverine, if not possibly beating it.

Wolf would simply destroy a American Pitbull Terrior, not even a close one.

Originally Posted By: dennydA wolf would turn a pit into a withering pile of bloody mush so fast the dog wouldn't even have time to yelp.

I agree, that has to be the truth.

Back