Whats the best .243 for the money on the market today??

It's definitely not a progression kit, now is it? Sako bottom metal alone will cost you $300+ in the states, but you proabaly already knew that. Stop wallowing and learn something..........

http://www.biggamehunt.net/sections/Hunting_Gear_and_Products/Sako-A7-Review-09090804.html

Hey, look, there is a couple of pics of that miniscule T3 ejection port that I was fantasizing about. Yep, looks as if it single feeds with the greatest of ease compared to the others. Who'd a thunk it?

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunIt's definitely not a progression kit, now is it? Sako bottom metal alone will cost you $300+ in the states, but you prbabaly already knew that. Stop wallowing and learn something..........

How much does the Sako A7 bottom plastic cost....? Ya' got any facts on that one you'd like to share...? Since you lace your posts with nothing but facts....?

Information some folks already knew from owning one, but some quotes from your supplied review anyway: Please notice quote number 3 especially...

1. "The A7 has a magazine that is similar to the Tikka in that it is plastic, but it has metal reinforced feed lips."

2. "The Tikka and Sako A7 use a plastic bolt shroud, while the Sako 85 is metal."

3. "The trigger guard on the A7 is plastic like a Tikka, although the shape of the trigger guard is identical to the 85."

http://www.biggamehunt.net/sections/Hunting_Gear_and_Products/Sako-A7-Review-09090804.html

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunHey, look, there is a couple of pics of that miniscule T3 ejection port that I was fantasizing about. Yep, looks as if it single feeds with the greatest of ease compared to the others. Who'd a thunk it?

I have no problem doing it, but I probably don't have all the facts you have about it... Help me in my "Blissful Ignorance" with what I might be doing wrong... Please....

2MG: You get more silly with each post... Wallowing indeed....! The quick sand is getting deep in SE Michigan
laugh.gif

-BCB

Not sure what the quotes are for. I know what it says. The A7 is obviously a mid-priced hybrid. And no, I don't know what it costs, but am pretty sure parts are over-priced, just as all of them are. You are boring me now........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunNot sure what the quotes are for. I know what it says. The A7 is obviously a mid-priced hybrid. And no, I don't what it costs, but am pretty sure parts are over-priced, just as all of them are. You are boring me now........

ROFLMAO....!!!

Ignorance might be bliss as you've so readily informed me, but denial ain't a river in Egypt, sport...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-BCB

I've priced Sako parts, not A7s, however. I've also heard plenty of guys complain about the prices of replacement Sako and Tikka parts. Failing to see the humor........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI've priced Sako parts, not A7s, however. I've also heard plenty of guys complain about the prices of replacement Sako and Tikka parts. Failing to see the humor........

At this moment, I'm sure you are, "Failing to see the humor..........."

Be gentle with what you scream at your computer....
laugh.gif
Can you say plastic?

Try to have a nice evening...

-BCB

Originally Posted By: dmfd1836So far I really like Remingtons 700 SPS Varmint and Savage's Weather Warrior Model 16FHSS.
Does anyone here own one or know anyone who does?
If not, what .243 in your opinion is the best bang for the buck?
Thanks!!!

RE: rem sps .243

Just sold a remington sps varmint in .243 that I was using for thousand yard shooting. Threw it in an accuracy international stock, loaded with 95 vld's it performed VERY nice and very consistantly from 100 to 1000 yards, not far behind the high dollar customs, especially considering it cost $540. Probably should have kept it for the woman to shoot. Lots of options/accesories/goodies/builders for 700's out there.

Savage seems to be pretty consistent with making nice tight shooters. Have seen some wicked tight shooting CZ's also. I finally jumped on the custom bandwagon, good luck choosing.

Here's my SPS varmint in 243 as it stands now. I still need to replace the stock, but it is good enough to hunt with for now.
PICT0007.jpg

I bought this rifle after hearing all the moaning and groaning about the terrible triggers and stocks. I had every intention of changing everything out on this rifle someday so I was prepared for the worst case.

I had to do it that way, the stock was bouncing off the barrel in the forearm. I laid steel barstock from the tip of the forearm to the recoil lug and bedded over them. I dremeled a lot of the sides away to get the clearance needed before bedding then wrapped the barrel with about 4 layers of duct tape to keep it floating. It was a pain in the butt, but it works good enough to kill hogs until I can afford my B&C replacement.

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYI had to do it that way, the stock was bouncing off the barrel in the forearm. I laid steel barstock from the tip of the forearm to the recoil lug and bedded over them. I dremeled a lot of the sides away to get the clearance needed before bedding then wrapped the barrel with about 4 layers of duct tape to keep it floating. It was a pain in the butt, but it works good enough to kill hogs until I can afford my B&C replacement.

That's what I should have done to my LVSF. Each time I relieved it, it would lean over to the bolt side and re-establish contact with the barrel. Drove me nuts.

Good lookin' gun!

Originally Posted By: dmfd1836Can you guys post some pictures of your rifles?

My T3 in 243 shoots in the .6's with win 100gr super X and .4's with win BST 95gr.Long as the nut behind the trigger doesnt crack.Still need to run Home loads.

heres my stevens 110e, 243, burris ff2 scope. paid $125 for the rifle at a yard sale, scratches included.

P7280001.jpg

this was last saturday morning. lasered at 315 yards. 87 grn vmax.

P1010013.jpg

i currently have 6 savages and wouldnt think twice about buying another

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYI had to do it that way, the stock was bouncing off the barrel in the forearm. I laid steel barstock from the tip of the forearm to the recoil lug and bedded over them. I dremeled a lot of the sides away to get the clearance needed before bedding then wrapped the barrel with about 4 layers of duct tape to keep it floating. It was a pain in the butt, but it works good enough to kill hogs until I can afford my B&C replacement.

Nice job on the stock, AR!
Obviously she's shootin' well for ya...

I own two Remington 700's, 1 ADL and 1 BDL. Both shoot great but I'll use the BDL more because I can dump live rounds and not have to jack them thru the action to unload. Kind of a pain with the ADL when you do a lot of stands in a day. Both my hunting buddys have Tikka T3's and love them. Both will shoot just as well, if not better than my Remy's and have a clip to boot! Very nice! Tikka's also have the smoothest action I've ever seen in a production gun. I own the T3 in 22-250 and with 52 or 55 grain Berger's, 1/2" groups are not uncommen at all. In my book, either Remington or Tikka will do just fine.

Back