Whats the best .243 for the money on the market today??

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunJust trying to educate some who may not be familiar with the design. They are big boys and can make their own decisions..........

Me, too... And I totally agree on the big boy part...

I'd write more but I'm trying to top load one of my AR's... And, DANG, it is hard to do.....!

-BCB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunSingle feed, whatever. We both know you know what I meant......

Oh.... single feeding...

I own a couple of the older Model 595 Tikkas as well as several T-3's. All of them single feed off the top of the magazine as well as any other model of push feed rifle that I own.
tired.gif

-BCB

Last edited:
You must not own many real rifles. Tikkas are nothing more than Sakos with costs cut at every corner. How you could say you get 'more' with a Tikka is beyond me. More what? Plastic? Whatever you do, don't break any of those precious plastic parts, as you will pay out your azz to replace them as they are shipped from overseas. Enjoy your Sako starter kits....

Buy the one you like
you are the one that has to have it
most all bolt actions are pretty much the same from a price stand point....... if you buy cheap expect cheap
decide what you want to spend and buy one you like to hold
there are no differences that make one head and shoulders above another

For out of the box accuracy Tikka & savage.I luv my T3 lite in 243 great carrie gun it has exceeded my expectations and all the BS about the plastic is exactly that...BS.If u are going to shoot in the thousands of rounds then go with the savage for easy barrel changes.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYou must not own many real rifles. Tikkas are nothing more than Sakos with costs cut at every corner. How you could say you get 'more' with a Tikka is beyond me. More what? Plastic? Whatever you do, don't break any of those precious plastic parts, as you will pay out your azz to replace them as they are shipped from overseas. Enjoy your Sako starter kits....

2MG:

Sometimes you really get silly when you're angry... So many accusations and suppositions... And all at the same time... And you're so clever how you express your true feelings and still get them by the word sensors.

In fact, the more you talk the more you express how little you really know about me... Enjoy the rest of your evening...

Edited for spelling...

-BCB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stealth1959Savage 14 Classic .243 Win. Very nice traditional look and not a lotta cash.

+1 on the savage. I bought one at Bass Pro for $399.00 and it will group 5 shots into 1"-1 1/4" at 100 yds with factory 100gr sp. It is a very classic looking rifle with the nice walnut stock and the gloss bluing.

I own all Remmy now. I have had a Savage and a Tikka in the past. The Tikka was nice, felt good and shot well. I would consider another one quickly. The savage had nothing on either the Tikka or any of my remmy's. My slide action 760 in 308 out shot the dang Savage. The action felt a little loosy goosey. Plus 1.5" is not good enough for me. ALL of my Remington bolts shoot less then 1/2" and mostly .2-.3". Even the slid action shoots just over 1". But to each his own.

I was talking about T3s, as I stated. It has been a while since I have fondled any 595s or Whitetail Hunters. I do not recall them having the tiny ejection port of the T3s. Maybe I'm wrong. And I'm not angry. I'm nowhere near as polite when I'm angry.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI was talking about T3s, as I stated. It has been a while since I have fondled any 595s or Whitetail Hunters. I do not recall them having the tiny ejection port of the T3s. Maybe I'm wrong. And I'm not angry. I'm nowhere near as polite when I'm angry.
grin.gif

Oh, believe me.... I understand and remember the angry part. I've never seen so many 4 letter words become 6-8 letter phonetic words to get by the word censor.
shocked.gif

And I'm talking about both 595's and T-3's in my comments...

As an aside....do you lift weights every morning so you can sound "tuff"?
laugh.gif

-BCB

Man,feelings sure get bruised easily around here when discussing the BEST rifle for the money.All replies are just personal opinions and not gospel.My OPINION is just as cheap as the rest. I own 2 Tikka t-3's. One is a .243 lite, the other 22-250 with 3/4 inch bull barrel. Both were extremely accurate out of the box. As far as sako starter kits go, I surely could care less.Actually that was one of the reasons I bought the first one.Nobody in their right mind would argue about the fine quality of a Sako. I have the means to purchase these guns in the Sako line.I just can't bring myself to do that and then drag them through the brush in the situations I hunt in and bugger them up.I don't want to have a beautiful first class rifle with the nicks and dings and scratches that come with my style of hunting.Therefore the Tikka line is perfect.All the important components are interchangeable with Sako. The main difference is a Sako must print 5 shots under an inch before it leaves the factory,while the Tikka must print 3 under an inch before it leaves. Now that's pretty good quality control if you ask me. The rifle comes with the target as proof. I own many other varmint rifles, as well as a few ARs, but none shoot better than either of my Tikkas. If you're concerned about looks, save up and buy a Sako,if you just want world class accuracy and functionality then by all means grab a Tikka. And remember this is JMHO.

Ain't that the truth. State your opinion on something and why you don't like it, and back it by facts, and somebody's panties are sure to get bundled up......

Originally Posted By: Bayou City Boy
laugh.gif

-BCB

No. Usually I practice by screaming profanities at the computer screen at the top of my lungs. 3 15 minute sessions/day.......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunOriginally Posted By: Bayou City Boy
laugh.gif

-BCB

No. Usually I practice by screaming profanities at the computer screen at the top of my lungs. 3 15 minute sessions/day.......
laugh.gif

Well, you might try to un-bunch your panties first thing in the morning and maybe that will help with the need for the computer screaming routine.. In the meantime, those of us with "Sako starter kits" will just continue on knowing that "Ignorance is bliss" and we'll just continue to "wallow in it"...

Have fun now.... Breathe slowly... Relax the face muscles...

-BCB

I have the 243 SPS Varmint. My boss bought the Savage M10 Predator in 243. He slapped a scope on his and started shooting tight groups out of the box. I started with 5" groups at 100yds, bedded the forearm and steel reinforced it. Duracoated it to prevent the never ending rust, replaced the self adjusting Xmark trigger and factory bolt knob(mostly for looks) and did endless load work to get where he started. My $500 SPS plus another $400 worth of work finally acheived what his out of the box predator did, plus he bought a barrel wrench and a vise and built his second one in 260 that shoots just as well with no problems at all. I'll end up paying a smith to rebarrel mine when it's time. I don't like the looks of the Savage as much as my Remington. I don't think the resale will be as high as my Remington. If things at Remington don't soon change, this will be my last Remington and my next purchase will likely be a Savage model 10 something or other I build myself. If you don't feel like doing a bunch of work, I'd suggest Savage. If you want to change calibers or think you'll shoot out the barrel, I'd go Savage. If you want to build from the ground up and end up throwing away everything but the action and bolt, buy one of the new Remingtons, or better yet, find an old 700 VS, mountain rifle, or older model 7 that Remington hasn't had a chance to "improve" yet and enjoy a fine rifle the way they use to be made.

Originally Posted By: TreeshepherdI'm glad somebody didn't mention the new Sako A7 in .243 =)

Now that's a funny comment.... !
laugh.gif
With all that plastic, the A7 is probably a "Sako Regression Kit"
grin.gif

I wonder if the same guy who rows the boat bringing those expensive Tikka plastic parts to America also delivers A7 parts?

-BCB

Back