New rig; Tikka T3 w/ Redfield Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:Very insightful.........

Compared to your posts, it probably was.

Maybe back off the drinking and take a couple anger management classes. Might be a little late for that, you're probably pretty settled in your ways by now.

Quote:Never found long actions chambered for short action cartridges that appealing. Nor Tikkas, for that matter.......

Quote:Others shoot just as well, and leave less to be desired.......

Quote:Here is a pic of Tikka action on top. PITA to single feed IME. Small ejection port. Only come in one action length and utilize a bolt-stop to accomodate the shorter cartridges. Those facts, coupled with all the plastic parts(magazine, bolt shroud), and the most unsubstantial recoil lug I have seen, are enough to steer me away from it. Replacement parts are WAY expensive, customer service is bad, and after market parts are non-existent. Plus I find the euro-styling to be somewhat less than attractive. The factory rings also suck, by the way. Other than that, I love Tikkas........

That's valuable stuff, after the guy has already bought the rifle. It's almost as if you're trying to make him regret the decision. Maybe he will and maybe he won't, that's called "learning from your mistakes" if he does.

Having some self-proclaimed "firearms expert" pontificate on why everyone that's not hanging from Remington's nuts is a "dumbazz" and an idiot for not running it past you first is insulting.

The phrase "pretentious self-described expert" comes to mind.

Other than that, I'm sure you're a really nice guy.
rolleyes.gif

And you care so much about my given opinion because why? Cry me a river. Remington is not the most popular brand of rifle in my safe.
My opinions are based upon real life experiences with said firearms. Something I can't say about many here. If you do not like them, I couldn't give a schit.
The members here have a right to hear opinions based upon real world experience. I think it is a disservice to flood them with uneducated drivel..........

Quote:you know nothing about me, so don't try to speak for me or diagnose my thoughts..

Fair enough..??

You're often judged by your friends and the company you keep.
Whether that's fair or not, it's life.

Originally Posted By: JDRenoWell I got the scope in the mail this afternoon and had a chance to get it mounted up in the DeadNutz mount. I feel like it looks too high(me being picky), but the cheek-weld works as is, so I'm not going to bother swapping out for the low mount. Scope looks great so far! Glass is really clear and very bright! I'm presently surprised with the clarity for the price! Love the compact size too! Finish is great as well. Only complaint, is that it seems the eye relief is almost too long, at least for the ring/base combo that I'm using. I have the scope as far forward on the rifle as it can go, and it puts the scope just at the edge of the eye relief "area"(which is pretty large and forgiving). The eye relief itself is very generous and has a large "sweet spot" like they advertised, but for my setup, it's almost too long. I don't think it'll be a problem as I have it set where I think it needs to be(according to the close eyes, shoulder rifle, open eye test). But something to consider for those of you potential buyers, especially those with AR's. You'd definitely need a scope mount that is cheated forward(such as the Burris PERP and armalite mount systems).
This is my new go to rig, and look forward to getting her out in the field in the next few days!
4336803610_ac109ba054.jpg

4336803626_194cc3a33e.jpg

I have the same gun with the same scope I just put together, here is a group. those shots are 8,9,10 when the rifle was brand new

006.jpg

personally I see nothing wrong with the factory rings and used those, one thing I did notice is the tracking on the new redfield wasn't that great, how did yours track. ammo used was federal 55 grain btips, they run 3750ish in my gun

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote:you know nothing about me, so don't try to speak for me or diagnose my thoughts..

Fair enough..??

You're often judged by your friends and the company you keep.
Whether that's fair or not, it's life.

I wasn't even addressing you.... Go play God and Pope somewhere else...

-BCB

Reckon I'll stay here and watch the Tweedledum and Tweedledee show. I already changed the picture to spare your sensibilities, so you're out of favors.

God and Pope, huh?

laugh.gif

Seems to me, the opinion I gave, that has your panties in a ball, had plenty to do with the subject matter of Tikka rifles. You on the other hand, apparently came to be the caped crusader of the mentally handicapped. In thus capacity you are a fine role model..........

I said what I wanted to say. You and girlfriend can spin it however you want, but at least you know where I stand on the subject.

Go have some more beers and load some ammo, that's a good example of "spreading your knowledge".

Great job there, Otis.

Nobody cares where you stand on the subject. You just jumped in out of nowhere and started crying wolf like a little girl.........

Originally Posted By: Evil_LurkerReckon I'll stay here and watch the Tweedledum and Tweedledee show. I already changed the picture to spare your sensibilities, so you're out of favors.

God and Pope, huh?

laugh.gif

Too bad God doesnt have the all knowing wisdom of 2MG, I'm afraid his title of "Nobody knows more than me" is higher than your Pope or God title.

At least I don't give my opinion on matters in which I haven't a clue and then try to pass them off as facts to members.

Let's see all those nice Sauers, Steyrs, Sakos and Tikkas now. How 'bout it?

Quote:Nobody cares where you stand on the subject.

You should make that your tag line, it would save you having to type it over and over. Maybe add "azzhole" to the end, since that seems to be your opinion of anyone that doesn't buy all your BS.

I wasn't going to waste my time reading these posts, but then I got started and wanted to see how it was going to end. For what its worth (nothing), I cant beleive two senior members are acting the way they are and calling all the names and being so childish over a topic so simple as a guy with a new rifle. So you don't like Tikka's. Simple enough! JMO If you want to start on me, go ahead, I know how to shut the puter off. For what its worth,2much and BCB, I have always valued your opinions on lots of different subjects, but you let this get out of hand. Mods should have stopped this along time ago.

Problem is, I'm not the one slingin' the BS. Nor am I the one who started the name calling. If you could read, you'd know that.

Maybe you could have "Savior of the ignorant" as your tag line..........

It's getting real boring. I'm the type who loves to have a good conversation on guns. It's just that I don't talk out of my azz when doing so. Pardon me, if I require the same of others........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunIt's getting real boring....... So boring that you post when people dont repsond to your drunken tirades. There now someone is paying attention to you again. Happy,sport?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2muchgunYou gotta learn from somewhere.

This coming from a guy who "you couldn't give a Remington 700 to", yet has never shot one. Ever hear of an "educated opinion"? What a joke........

Why would I want to shoot the 700? My 660 , my friends 2 597's , and 2 870 express are all crap. The 660 almost killed me with its recalled trigger when I was a kid. If they couldn't get it right on 5 guns why would they get it right on the 6th? on the other hand I've had 3 cz's my buddy has a 4th all shoot submoa easily right out of the box. I love everything about them and the best part is they are not that expensive. Hmmm are you noticeing a trend here? The wingmaster is the only remington I would own but its way over prices and so is the 1100. Infact I gotta change my name on this thing it implies I woudl buy a remington. I joined this site a few years back when dad gave me his guns to see what I could find out about the 660.

Where is the moderator? this guy is going around starting fights in lots of topics. I've never even seen this sort of stuff on PM. usualy everyone is nice. We all like and dislike different guns but I've never seen someone be so rude about it.

I never single round load a gun because i'm not a bench or varmint shooter. I load the mag and thats that. So really I don't care about a small ejection port. Just looks like less area for debri and rain to enter the action when i'm in the field. I guess if it was to jam it might be harder to clear but thats pretty rare for a bolt gun to jam. I have a feeling your average joe doesn't care about single loading either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI wasn't going to waste my time reading these posts, but then I got started and wanted to see how it was going to end. For what its worth (nothing), I cant beleive two senior members are acting the way they are and calling all the names and being so childish over a topic so simple as a guy with a new rifle. So you don't like Tikka's. Simple enough! JMO If you want to start on me, go ahead, I know how to shut the puter off. For what its worth,2much and BCB, I have always valued your opinions on lots of different subjects, but you let this get out of hand. Mods should have stopped this along time ago.

Name calling..? If you'll go back and re-read a few things, take note of who has been tossing around names like pussycat, azzhole, girfriend, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, while spinning their other theories.

Borrowing your words, "For what its worth", you reading comprehension maybe isn't real strong, friend...

Edit:

Toss in some comments like "back off the drinking", "anger management", "drunken tirades"... Some folks apparently like to project "knowledge" about a lot of things they apparently know nothing about.... Its been going on all afternoon... And mostly all going in one direction...

-BCB

Last edited:
Anyone who states "you could not give me that rifle" and has never actually ever shot one, is an IDIOT. Get it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back