New rig; Tikka T3 w/ Redfield Revolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same setup as you exept my gun is stainless and my scope is a Leupold VX-II. I love the DNZ mount. this combo is WAY accurate!

Never found long actions chambered for short action cartridges that appealing. Nor Tikkas, for that matter.......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunNever found long actions chambered for short action cartridges that appealing. Nor Tikkas, for that matter.......

That's because you probably have never shot a Tikka
unsure.gif

My father in law has a Tikka 223 and I will admit it flat out shoots. I saw it shoot a 1.8" group at 500 yrds. The only thing I don't like about it is kind of a pain at the range. On his you have to place the round in the chamber. It will not feed a round if you drop it in on top of the magazine, and personally I am not a fan of detachable magazines basically because they limit how far out you can seat the bullet. Other than that they are one fine rifle. I have actually been thinking of picking myself up one.

Here is a pic of Tikka action on top. PITA to single feed IME. Small ejection port. Only come in one action length and utilize a bolt-stop to accomodate the shorter cartridges. Those facts, coupled with all the plastic parts(magazine, bolt shroud), and the most unsubstantial recoil lug I have seen, are enough to steer me away from it. Replacement parts are WAY expensive, customer service is bad, and after market parts are non-existent. Plus I find the euro-styling to be somewhat less than attractive. The factory rings also suck, by the way. Other than that, I love Tikkas........
rolleyes.gif

sako-a7-5.jpg

Hopefully BCB does not read this tomorrow...........
grin.gif

look here is 2muchgun over here trashing tikkas when no one asked you. I'm assumeing you hate cz's too. You are a bit of a troll. Maybe its time to get out for another hunt and get some anger out?

I'm about to buy a tikka .243 too! Think i'll put a very low power 1-5x on it mostly for light carry weight and hunting in the trees.

I think i'm actualy going to sell my 527 varmint and just hold onto the scope. I don't have time to shoot all the dang guns I have so why keep the 527. Then I can play with the 3-12 scope when I go hunting in the desert or at the range.

Looking forward to your range report and looking forward to some first kill pictures!

You gotta learn from somewhere.

This coming from a guy who "you couldn't give a Remington 700 to", yet has never shot one. Ever hear of an "educated opinion"? What a joke........

LOL..!! No comment on your comment directed at me....

I've been out in the country for the past day or so and didn't even take a lap top, and it looks like you've been busy.

I do have a couple of those fugly "Woodpecker" rifles stashed in an old dry well out there, and they worked well this weekend after I pulled them up with a rope and dusted them off...

Beyond that I'll just say that it looks like you've had your hands full, but have handled it well.. I see the usual limited edition "I've heard that all Remingtons suck" suspects and a couple of newbies getting on the band wagon to see how high up a fence post they can pee......
laugh.gif

Carry on....

-BCB

Cant beat a Tikka unless you get a Sako. Thats a fact. I also have this setup in stainless with a Leupold scope and dont think I will ever get another rifle that isnt a Tikka or Sako. Why bother?

Hope you had fun. I have been between the keyboard, the TV (basketball) and the reloading bench the last 2 days. How 'bout that Michigan State game? The last few minutes were unbelievable.

Apparently someone is ready to buy (or as he puts it, "build") a new Tikka and the fact that I do not like them does not sit well with him. Funny, when I make a purchase I don't look for others' approval first. Because I do not like Tikkas, he therefore assumes I hate CZs also (his other favorite brand). Sound logic........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: warpig602Cant beat a Tikka unless you get a Sako. Thats a fact. I also have this setup in stainless with a Leupold scope and dont think I will ever get another rifle that isnt a Tikka or Sako. Why bother?

And this is coming from experience... A Tikka is a very good quality low priced hunting rifle... Nothing else. No magic involved. I own several that get hard use because there is little beauty to rub off of them other than their performance...

Kinda' like the ugly woman who can cook well... They do have worthwhile values but they will never be a family heirloom at my house.. To me they're more like a good hammer and saw than a thing to get giddy over...

And any Sako you buy today pales in quality when compared to a Model 75 or earlier Sako. Again, experience and not raw emotions speaking...

-BCB

"Kinda like th ugly woman who can cook well".......Laffin'

I agree about the Sakos. I don't know why they felt the need to reinvent the wheel and create the model 85. It's not really a CRF system in the truest sense of the term. The "improved recoil managemant system" is nothing more than a cost cutting measure and nowhere near as substantial as the 75s recoil lug.

Maybe Warpig can shed a little more light upon the subject for us. He is a Sako afficionado, you know.........

Originally Posted By: Bayou City BoyOriginally Posted By: warpig602Cant beat a Tikka unless you get a Sako. Thats a fact. I also have this setup in stainless with a Leupold scope and dont think I will ever get another rifle that isnt a Tikka or Sako. Why bother?

And any Sako you buy today pales in quality when compared to a Model 75 or earlier Sako. Again, experience and not raw emotions speaking...

-BCB

True, I also prefer older Jeeps to newer ones but that doesnt meant that the newer ones wont beat other vehicles in its class.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgun"Kinda like th ugly woman who can cook well".......Laffin'

I agree about the Sakos. I don't know why they felt the need to reinvent the wheel and create the model 85. It's not really a CRF system in the truest sense of the term. The "improved recoil managemant system" is nothing more than a cost cutting measure and nowhere near as substantial as the 75s recoil lug.

Maybe Warpig can shed a little more light upon the subject for us. He is a Sako afficionado, you know.........

Werent you the one crying about having words put in your mouth or was it your buddy crying for you? I dont recall saying I was a Sako expert but im willing to bet you can quote the post where I said I was? I'll wait....in the meantime you should get back to beer and basketball instead of interjecting your superior knowledge on everything gun related. With you're all knowing wisdom I think you're much too good for this site and us "simple" people here.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunIt's almost as if he KNEW we drive new Wranglers, Hal.......
mad.gif

I actually figured you drove Fords or Chevys because thats what the US government issues so they have to be the best. We all know how much we love your government "issued" items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back