LED Hunting Lights

Do you guys use a halo shield on the head mounted $20.29 Cree Light? I just ordered one and the gel paper. Can't go wrong and I'll have more batteries for the Kill Light. Do you leave the Cree light on when turning on the gun mounted light?

I'm curious to see if they are putting a home made halo shield on there too. I ordered one too. I like my smartlight but if this thing is as good as they say for 20 bucks I'll sell my smartlight. Less bulk on my head. I think chinese new year may delay shipping.

Last edited:
i made a small halo shield...its not needed but i also filled the 2 small bracket holes in the front with hot glue...been usin the heck out of it with no problems....
the shield is not really needed on spot at all but in small fields i leave it on flood....had a coon walk into the field the circle was like 50 foot..never new it was there...like it was the moonlight or something...

buddy missed a fox same deal with how he did it...nothing flashin close to them to scare them....

sold my battery lights on ebay....no wires needed...yup it stays on when i shoot...not real big so it doesnt throw light all over the scope...or in it...shoots the light opposite of the rifle direction

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: COYKILLDo you guys use a halo shield on the head mounted $20.29 Cree Light? Do you leave the Cree light on when turning on the gun mounted light?

No shield needed. Yes, leave it on.

Originally Posted By: COYKILLdoes the $20.29 Cree Light have two settings like high and low or just on off? What do you scan with?

High/low/strobe/off. I scan with hi & lo, depending how tight I have the adjustable beam. I usually use hi and open the beam up wider.

It's easy to adjust this light on your head to one side for easy aiming and shooting...

This light will become your #1 to go light for all your hunting and living needs... watch and see...

You'll end up buying more than one...

what distance does it shine out to for scanning? I can't believe I'm a dealer for the Kill lights and going to try one of the Cree lights.

I bought the Ultrafire (with red Luxeon LED) and it works great at shotgun ranges and maybe out to 100 yards for eyeballs at night. I took the innards from a safety helmet out and mounted my light to that. I usually just turn it on an leave it on. Mounted another under my shotgun barrel with a pressure mounted switch. Can't go wrong for the price.

Here's the link: DX Ultrafire Red LED flashlight

the trees light up across my field that are 200 yds away... I know it would light up eyes if they were there...

If I were a dealer... I'd buy 20 of these lights and resell them... you can double/triple your money...

I am using 300 lumens, seems like that is typical from the comments I have seen on here. 300 is more than enough for me, even with the red filters.

Back