LED Hunting Lights

I can't help it... I just want to say.... just one more time.... that these lights are the very best light... for the price anywhere.... I personally challenge anyone to show me a light that is brighter for the price. I took this light out again tonight and can't believe how bright it is...at 300 yds... and with a zoom lense as well. I'm telling you guys...if you don't have this little head light in your position.... you are missing out...

I can lead a horse to water... but I can't make you drink... but just try it and see if it doesn't taste better than you expected.

I killed a fox the other night with just the white light... and even got a shot at a yote with the white... I sometimes insert the red or green DJ Lense that Happy mentioned... that I cut out for the little light lense... of course it cuts down on the white light... but it still gives good distance. These lights are NOT just good for critter hunting... they are great for ANYTHING.... especially for tracking deer blood trails... or working under the sink. If you buy one... you'll buy another one. It usually takes 10-14 days from China land... but worth the wait.

Try this link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/18650-HeadLight-5W-C...=item4cf13d0ea1

Hi Guys,
I just got off the phone with one of my gun dealer friends and I had called him about some parts and then I brung up the subject of NVS he told me that he didn't know anything about them but he was selling a new Green LED 350 Lumes that will mount on a rifle if a person wants it comes with 2 swithes and he says at night when you turn it on you can look threw your scope and it looks light a good night vision scope??????
He sell thems for a $100.00
Can anyone give me any info (please)
Thanks
Cag

I bought one of the headlights two weeks ago and just ordered another one, just to have a spare. Great light for $20. I have an XLR 250 mounted on my rifle and one on my shotgun but for scanning you can't beat this $20 light.

I'm gonna get at least one of these headlamps, can somebody post pics of the head taken apart? I'd like to see about placing the red gel between lens and reflector. I'd also like to see the LED module to possibly switch it out with a red LED module.

DX has another red flashlight, seems to be a close match to the XLR100:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42665
Body and specs are about the same. No battery, charger, mount or customer service included though.

peace.
unloaded

Hey uploaded.... that light you mentioned is only 180 lumens...and this one you have coming is 300 lumens... it's super simple to cut out a piece of DJ gel lense paper and drop it in... it's just about as quick as typing this post...LOL.

used the dealtime red led last night.....1st stand it lit a set of eyes at 200 like they were fire...it is red like the killlight....i could id well to 100 but it shines eyes way out there...buddy missed it ...

well we lip squeaked the first set in it was a coon...came the whole distance with the light on him...dead run...

for small places...shotgun or rimfire it cant be beat for the price....for me its to bright for a shotgun...and if you plan on shooting 200 yards it will light the eyes plenty but i couldnt id more than 100 to 120 through the scope

but its not got the main beam throw of the kill light..it is a decent little light...and as i said it is a great rimfire and shotgun light.....and is all thats needed for both...

Last edited:
I've got a sheet of red lighting gel, adding it will be no problem. I plan on going that route with the headlamp. I also want a handheld or gun mounted light. I've got a Streamlight Stinger and a Surefire Cyclops both with red gel added to the lens. The gel/filters are alright but they cut way back on the amount of light passed through.

The Kill-light and similar got me interested in the Red LED lights. They got me looking around for all my options, wanting best bang for my buck. Found very similar offerings Kill-Light, BowLite and Destroyer Sniper hog light. Then there are some China-based sites with a few offerings. Finally I came across a site where they modify flashlights or build them. This got me really interested, I love tinkering with stuff and the idea of getting a light exactly how I want it clinched the deal. I don't think I'll be saving much money but I'll enjoy doing it. Gonna start with an empty flashlight body and use this LED module:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-Red-225Lm...=item414ad90c2d
I'll replace the orange peel reflector with a smooth one and replace the lens with an aspherical one. Those last two parts are geared towards making the beam tigher rather than flood.
I'll post how it works when I'm done with it, wish me luck.

peace.
unloaded

Upload.. it will be interesting to see what you come up with... I like the looks of that bulb.... too bad it's going to take 10-14 days for delivery from china land... I'm ready to see how it works...

Back