LED Hunting Lights

Originally Posted By: wannabemountainmansmilinIB are you talking about a scanning light? If so what is the website you purchased it on? Red lense or clear and what is the price...thanks

Scanning light:
http://cgi.ebay.com/5W-CREE-Q5-LED-HEADL...=item45f4c9cee2
Awesome light!! $20 shipped. 2 18650 batteries and charger.
It is brighter than my XLR100 with the beam zoomed, and opens up for a wide beam scanning light.

Butler Creek #1 Scope cover:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Red lens:
RedSharpie.png

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of a kill light called the XLR-250? So you would color the Cree light with a sharpie? Also do you have a problem going from the head lamp to the kill light when you go to shoot?

Originally Posted By: wannabemountainmanHave you ever heard of a kill light called the XLR-250? So you would color the Cree light with a sharpie? Also do you have a problem going from the head lamp to the kill light when you go to shoot?

Have one mounted to my rifle(XLR100). I would color a scope cover with a sharpie, not the light. Otherwise I'da bought a red led xlr. No problem at all, just turn rifle light on.

While I am a big believer of "you get what you pay for", there are some surprising gems every now and then. For all shotgun range hunting and a fair amount of rifle range hunting I think that this is an excellent choice (for under $10!): Dealextreme RED LED flashlight

They sell a cheap double sided gun mount with velcro. Add a pair of rechargeable batteries and the charger and I think you're still under $40. You can even get a cheapy pressure mounted tailcap to replace the clicky if needed.

The beam is true red because it's a red LED, not a colored lens.

While I haven't seen one of these "XLR" lights yet, I have a hard time believing that the LEDs are any different than you can get with some of the inexpensive white flashlights I've bought from DX.

Last edited:
Not sure why you only posted the negative comments copied from DX, but I have found that light to be an excellent shotgun mounted light. It's the best $10 red LED light on the market.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erictNot sure why you only posted the negative comments copied from DX, but I have found that light to be an excellent shotgun mounted light.

Simply because I disagree.

Quote:It's the best $10 red LED light on the market.

What all red LED lights do you own?

just got my 2 red led dealtime lights and they are built well and are perfect for a shotgun...which is what i purchased it for....

i also have the headlamp....smillin is speakin of...2 actualy....
i put amber dj gel paper behind the lenses...have not had a problem...the first one i got the end of november...
the kids lost it recovering a deer...how ...i have no clue...

it snowed and i found the light which was under ice...and it rained 2 days...and i charged the battery and it worked fine...

i did not buy the killlight...i hunted with the red ones and seems they have alot of flood....

i bought a 26 dollar coleman led....cut a piece of amber dj papper to fit over the lens...then use a pill bottle to make a halo break and it also holds the amber dj paper there....it has a lot tighter spot

with the scope on 4 power i can easily identify a predator at 100 yards....or better...

turned it to 7 power and easily id a bob tat at about 150..once it turned sideways....
i have killed a coyote..a bobcat...a fox....and 3 coon with this setup...with no problems...or spookings..

i also have the coleman 6aa led 500 lumin light...its about half the size of a riflescope....and it will run 2 nights...on a charge..scanning...probably a month on a rifle...had to make a mount but thats easy...

and is real bright....got it on my 223 which i rarely use...

i also bought the 800 lumin ultrafire...single mode...
which with the red dj paper is as bright as the kill light...cost me 30 bucks at dino direct

here is the gel paper and the light...gel paper you get 4 sheets for 5 bucks...it is used in front of outdoor flood lights for dj's ..bands..etc..
it lasts forever and can take the heat of a 1 million candlepower spotlight...

the green and the blue have a white cotton sheet under them making them look dark

35iyqo0.jpg

25p1px3.jpg

the scope mount was 4.00 shipped on ebay..the light on the gun is a 70 lumin light from walmart comes with a red and blue lense...the red that comes with it is to dark so i used the amber dj paper...and it is equal to a 280 ultrafire which i have...its good to 100 yards or better as ive said...

Last edited:
Yoter,
Nice setup you have there! Do you still have that link to that ebay scope mount? I'm looking for exactly the same one, that wall-mart flashlight is slightly larger than 1" so I can't use the regular rings...
I would appreciate that

the walmart one was a little bigger i trimmed the rubber and used the 2 center holes on the scope mount works fine..the other lights were all 1 inch....my friend bought 2 rubber lined 1 inch electrical straps...at lowes...one around the scope ...one around the light...put a bolt through the 4 holes works nice...can even adjust up and down...which isnt necessary though...

heres the mounts
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

type flashlight scope mount

or here but its 15..ebay is up a few bucks more also...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/nc-star-ms1m-1inch-scope-mount.html

its been workin good for me...also...i put a piece of the red gel paper in mine...it dimmed is some but not much...
i can still see to 150 easy....

Back