Go Home Pheasant Hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone tell me that this old mind isn't going crazy for seeing 4 of the same posts up there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

wow i dunno what button i accidently was hitting but it posted as i was typing,,, sorry for all the same posts.how do i go about deleting them???

By the way they arent the same the last one is the correct one.

Wow I thought I was the only one who saw 4 of them. I wasn't going to ask but since you did yep I saw em. Earlier orkan asked why he only has trouble during pheasant season and only with out of staters. Judging from his statements in this thread maybe it's kind of like treat others as you would have others treat you. Reep what you sow. If you have the same guys every year maybe thay know who you are and how you feel about them and just give you a hard time to tic you off. Can't say I am not there but I have never been anything but polite to any land owner or hunter. Wheather it be in state or out of state. Matter of fact I go out of my way to extra nice to my host and there home town. All of the hunters I know do the same. I'm done with this thread I think it has gone far enough and long enough. If you all want to keep it going have fun.

With their reputation for "less than normal" patience I would bet some of the locals take great pleasure ir riling them up with maybe...cut fences,signs tore down,ect ,ect.

BTW do you have the right to confiscate illegally killed game in SD as a landowner?I know you dont here.

Last edited:
Quote:
BTW do you have the right to confiscate illegally killed game in SD as a landowner?I know you dont here.

I was wondering the same thing, but I was afraid my "method" of asking the question might send off a flurry of pms.

Quote:

People sit here and defend the farmers and such, and say how much money they make off these hunters. Yeah, they do make a ton of money off them... but they don't "like" them. Get any of them aside and put a little "truth serum" in them and most absolutely HATE the out of state hunters that come and pay them thousands every year.

I'm thinking they must like me then. I have never paid a dime to hunt pheasants in South Dakota. I've had a lot of guys want to charge me money but I politely say no thank you and go off to knock on a different door. I've always had folks allow me to hunt their land for free. None of them have ever been hostile. You must live in a bad neighborhood. Either that or you are making stuff up as you go.

Quote:
I just got back from kicking another 2 idiots off our ground. These morons were from minnesota. They jumped out into our tree strip, which is no more than 60yds from the house, and started banging away. I got there just as they were dragging two pheasants back to the truck. I blocked the road, scolded them like children, took the pheasants, and told them if I ever see them again they will be detained and arrested.

Well, thank goodness you didn't punch them in the mouth, shoot them, run them over with your old chevy or disarm them and detain them at gunpoint. Nonya, in regards to your question, no, it's not legal to confiscate illegally (or legally) taken game in South Dakota.

It makes me wonder if Orkan does as much pheasant hunting as he claims. Maybe the local CO needs to do a check to see if he's over his limit????

Quote:
I'm done trying to teach you people why tresspassing is bad.

-out.

Orkan,

Not once has anyone suggested that it's your take on trespassers that has caused the flurry of posts to this thread. It's your wild wild west attitude of threatening, calling names and generally your outrageous attitude toward the thousands of out of state "morons" who come to hunt in SD each year.

Like I said, I've done a lot of hunting in SD. I'm glad I've never met anyone like you.

Buker... why must you be the way you are? lol

Oh shucks... you got me... I don't pheasant hunt at all.

The local head CO is Derek, and you can reach him at the Huron, SD dispatch. They've checked us MANY times. We follow the rules.

They don't like the tresspassers either. They are on MY SIDE... so is the law.

Hence why people like you aren't welcome here.

I didnt "confiscate" the pheasants. I told them to leave them in the ditch. ... and they did. I "found them" there and ate them. Maybe if they had a CLUE about the laws... they wouldnt have tresspassed... and they would have known they didnt have to drop the birds. But I figured they would rather drop a couple painted chickens instead of getting hit with a nice big fine.

Any way you slice it... our local GF&P officers are VERY nice and down to earth guys. You think they'd be on YOUR side of this argument? lol Laughable.

Well so far, people like yellow hammer, nonya, and others are defending the tresspassers instead of my rights on my own friggin property. Sounds pretty backasswards to me.

Quote:
Well so far, people like yellow hammer, nonya, and others are defending the tresspassers instead of my rights on my own friggin property. Sounds pretty backasswards to me.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

You might want to re-read the posts on this thread slowly. I am not sure how you could interpret anybody here being on the side of trespassers.

Really?

I say 99% of my tresspassers are out of staters... and everybody comes to their defense. I even went out of the way to SPECIFICALLY STATE that there are good ones among them... but most don't respect anything.

... and someone actually argues the point.

*shakes head*

I notice all the people that AGREE with me, live here and actually have a clue what its like. Those that don't... live in the far away lands I'm complaining about.

Gee... I wonder why that is? lol

It all makes sense now. I have no further use of this thread. Time to go hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think he "INTERPRETS" things in his own way,kinda like the way he intreprets the game laws of his state.If he did confinscate birds from hunters he just put himself in the same group he bitches about,LAW BREAKERS.Ill bet the actual amount of problem hunters he has had to deal with is much lower than he would like us to believe.NOBODY here has defended tresspassers,read before you post.Hope your local game warden doesnt get a call from hunters wanting their birds back,you might end up on the wrong side of a jail cell.

Possession of game birds or animals taken by another hunter without written permission is highly illegal here. It can lead to search $ seizure and fines. I have had the WDFW game warden offer to me hunters illegal take while trespassing on our property. I declined twice mostly because of the time the game had been down while taking care of business. It then goes to the county jail. The fines they incurred are very high.

Yep ill bet those "confiscated" birds would end in a BIG fine and possible loss of hunting privledges.

Orkan

Why don't you put up a true high game fence and shut the fck up? Make it a hot fence, do something but you're whining about things you cannot change is tiring.

It's good that you detain trespassers, I would do the same, but you need to find solutions instead of grying on the internet. Geez, take a Valium.

+ 1 use some of the $ our govt is paying you not to work and proof your property from the "people of far away lands"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back