Go Home Pheasant Hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own 2 ranches and some hay ground here in the valley,stop by in a few months and ask politly ,if you arnt the complete AHOLE you seem to be there shouldnt be a problem,we let anyone interested hunt predators after the general big game season.im pretty sure you will be back in prison by then though.What you ought to do is get on some medication before you do harm to yourself,im sure that would happen long before you could harm others.

Quote:
When people don't agree with your take on life (or pheasant hunting), you can always appear invincible and all-knowing by just quoting Biblical scripture. (I guess it was Biblical.)

I'm pretty sure that's not in the Bible. Maybe it was Orwell?

Quote:
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell

Pretty sure nothing liket that in the Bible.

Quote:
Is it just me or does Orkan look like a sock puppet???

Come on now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just b/c you're from texas and don't get to dress up cool like us in snow camo doesn't mean you can make comments like that...

R. Buker..... here you go....My REAL NAME is Greg Dykstra.

Quote:
If I did go out of state to hunt ANYTHING... I would sure as heck use a lot more restraint and respect for peoples property than those that come here.

Y'all make me laugh with your attitudes toward something you've never experienced. Buddy of mine has a helicopter... and took a few pictures from the sky the day before opener this year... and then took a few pictures at noon the day of opener. You would not believe the sight.

Those of us that live here... and routinely get trampled by these out of state idiots, know first hand what it is like. The rest of you, just don't have a clue.

Buker, you don't have a CLUE who I am... and since you obviously know everything... never took the time to ask why I feel the way I do about these topics.

To settle your BS claims right here... My REAL NAME is Greg Dykstra. Everybody around here knows me as well as my family. All will say the same thing... "those Dykstra boys are a little high strung, but good guys." We fight for what is RIGHT every day of our lives... and trust me the locals LOVE IT. ESPECIALLY the farmers.

As for your "hiding face in avatar" bs... I've only posted about 20 pics on this site. The reason I was wearing my face mask is due to the wind chill being -75 or so that day... and it literally BURNED to have open skin. SO here are some more pics so you can see me coming:

01-19-07.jpg

01-13-07.jpg

12-29-06.jpg

12-14-06.jpg

12-03-06.jpg

01.01.06.jpg

12.26.05.jpg

I believe Orkan's biggest mistake was using the term "hunters" instead of "trespassers" in his original post. This small mistake put an awful lot of hunters on the defensive. Basically, Nonya, you're right, as concerns New Mexico, the game DOES belong to the state. However, the land the game is occupying, likely is private. THAT is the reason I may charge trespassing fees, and / or restrict access. Furthermore, with the way "hunters" are suing landowners for their own stupid accidents, anymore (go for the deep pockets) my recourse is to limit access to my property. This action is reinforced by every water tank, windmill, building, piece of equipment, etc. that I have to pay (in dollars, OR time) to repair. Now, in my localle, probably most problems come from locals, but this is changing as antelope hunting is becoming more regionally popular.
Bottom line - trespassers & road hunters are NOT welcome.
ASK FIRST !!!
Mark

Quote:
Quote:
Is it just me or does Orkan look like a sock puppet???

Come on now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just b/c you're from texas and don't get to dress up cool like us in snow camo doesn't mean you can make comments like that...

Hahahhaaaa!! That's a good one tac223!! You made my morning!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Trashcan
DCC

Yotes2Call,

Thanks. I'll call the county today and find out how big Greg's ranch is.

I'll report back.

Randy

Half the population of the US live in large cities. Many live in small towns. Few actually own enough land to hunt on. Many of those people without their own land are hunters. Most of them support legislation that is good for hunters. Without their support, the anti-hunting groups would end your hunting for good. There is no excuse for violating game laws and trespassing laws, but based on the numbers you stated, the ones trespassing, shooting at cows, etc are a very small percentage of them. So before you decide you want them to stop hunting in your state, you better remember that without their support, you wouldn't be hunting there, either.

Quote:
I believe Orkan's biggest mistake was using the term "hunters" instead of "trespassers" in his original post.
Bottom line - trespassers & road hunters are NOT welcome.
ASK FIRST !!!
Mark

Agreed!

I'll road hunt the ditches around your place any day of the week. I pay taxes for that road and the ditch. It's just as much mine as it is yours.

Hey... I have no problem with you hunting the road ditches. You are more than welcome...

But when you see a sign that says "safety area" "NO SHOOTING" you better not. ... because there is a house on the other side of those trees. You also had better not go accross the fence for anything other than retrieving your bird you got in the ditch when you are outside the safety area.

If you follow those simple, and obvious rules... I will have NO PROBLEM with you at all. We have more pheasants than we know what to do with on our ground. We limit out EVERY single time we go hunting. So I am all for you shooting them in the ditch.

I should have been more clear with my posting... I dont mind people hunting around our property. I DO MIND when they jump on our side of the fence like they own it. A lot of non-residents don't seem to like following rules. There are plenty that do though. Out of the extra 1,000 or so vehicles I've seen go past the farm, we've only had trouble with a few. It seems like a lot... because we are kicking people out almost every day. ...but when compared with the number of extra people around, it is less than 1 or 2% of them causing the problem. It's probably easier for me to be calm about it now that the problem is solved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was the last person to think that anyone in government could help me with this ordeal... but I was mistaken.

Ok.. Just making sure.

If you have barbed wire running around the place, i'd just wire it hot with an electric fence energizer. Guarantee if they touch the wire they'll not try to go on your property.

I thought about setting a few bear traps... but I didn't think that would go over too well. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We have our electric fence unit taxed to the max already. We are working on getting a bigger one so we can do that very thing.

I grabbed ours by accident once. Put me on my knees and gave me a funny taste in my mouth. Man those things have some kick. ... especially if you get grounded right!

Quote:
Orkan:

Do you own the minerals under that tract of land, or just the surface?

Rusty

I guess I'm not into mining, so I wouldnt know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I only care about whats on top of the dirt.

It wouldn't suprise me in the least if you told me that the "state" owns the minerals, or that I'd have to pay millions in licensing to mine it.

This country gets more communistic every day. Thats why I refuse to be "politically correct" when it comes to these issues. That ground is OURS darnit. Not the states, not John Q Public's... OURS!. My family and I own, rent, or lease almost 2000 acres of land... and its OURS! You don't get to pluck a blade of grass on that ground without our say so. That is the way it should be.

I respect everyone else's right to their property... all I ask is that everyone else does the same in regard to mine. Call it "crying" call it "whining" ... or call it whatever you want. But when someone violates your rights... it doesn't feel good. ... and if you just roll over and take it, you aren't helping anybody.

I would like to say this... Last year, I contacted Orkan through PM about going calling with him in South Dakota as I know some people that live fairly close in Woonsocket SD that I could stay with while up there and HE INVITED me up! he never knew me and we had never met but he did invite me up to go calling. I assume this was as one pred master member to another and I appreciated the invite! I never made the trip because of work and such [why is it when you are working you have the money and no time and when you have the time NO MONEY LOL LOL ] Gity

Well I guess you could buy your own land, fence it and post it. This is America and someone from Nevada, Texas Calofornia or Idaho have just as much right to hunt there as you do.

It may make your hunting for coyotes less productive but I guess you could take a month or so off and get back to it after bird season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back