Go Home Pheasant Hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good post spiderman.

I don't see myself getting done being mad until the problem is fixed. Thats the deal... I don't know how to fix it.

We spend like 150$ on signs every year. We put up new ones every single year so they are bright and easy to read. That doesn't fix it.

We put up 5 and 6 barb fences that are tall and TIGHT. That doesn't fix it.

We detain violators and get them prosecuted. That doesn't fix it.

So how do we educate these city IDIOTS and make them into more respectful hunters?

Quote:
Yellowhammer... Not sure what your motive is. You just want to argue.

I don't have any "motive", but I thought that the amount of land you own (or is it your relatives that own it?) was relevant to some of the statements that you have made.

Since you have "CRP" on "your" property, that means you have received tax payer dollars to improve "your" habitat. That certainly does not excuse tresspassing (and I don't think anyone here has tried to excuse tresspassing) but it does show that it isn't all about what "you" have done on "your" land.

What I meant by "begs the question" is that since you won't say how much you own, it makes the question seem that much more relavant.

You seem to be the one prone to attack others and argue, but can't seem to see that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

WOW!!!!
great points raised in this thread!!
im still not sure why most of you guys are kinda jumping on ORKAN'S back about bein pissed about people tresspassing on his land for one,for two he's also mad about a million people showing up and ruining his predator hunts.
seems to me I'D BE PISSED TOO!! and i got a good feeling that all you guys would also be pissed.
good points raised and i dont really think it should be a huge HUNTER ON HUNTER arguement.
that's what i hear right now,bunch of argueing,and name calling.
by the way ORKAN i feel for ya bud,i really do.i have the same attitude as you,all the way.i hope you can get through this and not say anything to anyone on this site that you may one day regret.
good luck with whatever you do to curb this problem.

Yellowhammer...

you now know this guys name and where he lives. Call his county courthouse and the Accessor of that county will tell you how much this guy really owns.

All on Public record and Public knowledge.

Orkan,

I can understand your frustration of Trespassers. But, you cannot lump all the out of state guys into one group. It would be like me saying all guys from SD are farmers. Or all guys from Wyoming are cowboys. NOT TRUE.

I am with NONYA, 99.9 % are good ol' boys who would give you the shirt of their back if needed.

You need to realize how it does help your communities out economically and how it does benefit your state.

You could charge guys to hunt your land, be in the field more often and prosper yourself. You could then have a better showing on your property and it would help eliminate the trespassing problem.

just a thought...

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't see what the argument is about.

Neither do I... what are you gaining from arguing this on the internet?

Quote:
Yellowhammer... Not sure what your motive is.

What is your motive for starting this thread anyway?

Quote:
You just want to argue.

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is...

Quote:
You can stuff that.

And what is the point of saying this to someone on the internet?

What a great thread.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Someone please lock this.

I agree tresspassers are CRIMINALS but your post says hunters go home not tresspassers stay home or stay off my land. Jim

True... I may have sidetracked a bit, and y'all are just ITCHING for a chance to catch me fumbling my words aren't you?

Yellowhammer... I have NOTHING to say to you. If the NUMEROUS pm's I've received from other members in regard to your methods aren't a clue... your interaction with me tells the story.

Fact is, I don't have tresspassing problems with people from SD. Only the out of staters that cause the problem.

But you people would rather dance around the issue than to admit people coming here from far away lands have NO RESPECT for this place. Thats it. The end. Case closed.

Quote:
Yellowhammer... I have NOTHING to say to you. If the NUMEROUS pm's I've received from other members in regard to your methods aren't a clue... your interaction with me tells the story.

I don't believe I have been anything put polite. I have not called you a name or anything like that. I have asked a couple of questions that related to the topic that you started. What exactly do you (or those you get pm'd by)mean by "methods"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You started the thread with a fumble,you ARE a hunter bi*&(^&% about other hunters just because they come from out of state.If you were at all honest with yourself you would know how small a percentage of them are willing to trespass,with all the money they sppend to get and stay there ill bet 99% of them can afford to hunt on private ground for a dailey fee."far away lands"?does that include MT and MS?My family owns two rather large spreads and 100% of the hunters we have caught tresspassing have been locals,never had a problem with a non native hunter.If you have CRP ground maybe you should consider where the $ the govt pays your parents NOT to farm is coming from,TAXPAYERS,just like those guys from far away lands pay every year.I guess you are "utilizing" some hunter $ after all!All you can do is keep an eye out and turn in the tresspassers you catch,just like every other land owner in the world,you shouldnt make wholesale opinions about people "from far away lands" because you have met a few bad apples,next time you go out of state do you want someone to see your plates and istantly consider you a tresspasser or a poacher?Being pissed about tresspassers and labeling all out of state hunters as such is totally unreasonable,find out how much those out of staters support your ocal community and then reconsider you r opinion,ill bet you bef\nefit from their $ in more ways than you will ever know,or admit.

I manage a golf course some people have no respect for any thing so yes I know how you feel but there are many good people out there that go hunting in S.D. and they all should respect and obey the law. I would hope that anyone going to another state hunting would be welcone.

Bit of a history lesson guys--a court case dated sometime during the mid-1800's set the precedent that wildlife belongs to all people , not the state, not the United States Government. This was done to further distance the new nation from feudal England where the wildlife belonged only to the King.

Basically, I have as much right to a South Dakota pheasant as everyone else--as long as I buy a license and don't break the law when hunting them.

I do agree, trespassing should be dealt with within the confines of the law.

Orkan, you need to look around at what those 'furners' bring to your state. The sheer dollars to the state is one thing--the other money that is returned to your state from the Pittman-Robertson Act from license sales and other hunting related stuff is another. If you don't know what the PR Act is, I recommend you study up on it. That money comes back from the US Govt. and goes back into habitat, hunter education, as well as funding your Game and Fish Department to go out and try to make those out of staters obey the law.

Frankly I'm glad we have out of state hunters here. If I don't like it, I can just stay at home and do yard work until they leave.

Anybody that wants to come to Kansas and hunt, the season starts this Saturday, and there are plenty of birds to go around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Regards,
Tim

Last edited:
orkan If you can't beat them and it sounds like you can't. You got 2 choices join in or move. Personaly I would get in on some of that 2000 dollar a gun money( I find that hard to believe) and take me a trip out of state and do some once in a life time hunting or fishing maybe even take the family to Disney, pay for kids schooling,get out of debt,second honey moon,new truck,guns,clothes,windows,cows,ect,ect,ect. Be gratefull you live in such a place where people will pay you for a resorce that you have. Those out of staters may not even have pheasant where thay live. I know I don't but then again I don't want to take a trip and pay big bucks to shoot a chinese chicken. I can by them already cleaned and ready to cook for 12 bucks each and with no buckshot in them. My wife is trying to teach me to look at the good side of things rather than the bad. She sure has her work cut out for her!

As I said.

I wouldnt mind if they came to hunt and respected the boundaries. But few show any respect for anything... much less a fence.

Want to come shoot pheasants... Thats fine. But you had better seal up your hunting ground before you come and you had better respect who's fence you are crossing.

Is that so difficult?

Exactly right.

Every single landowner in pheasant territory has similar stories.

People sit here and defend the farmers and such, and say how much money they make off these hunters. Yeah, they do make a ton of money off them... but they don't "like" them. Get any of them aside and put a little "truth serum" in them and most absolutely HATE the out of state hunters that come and pay them thousands every year. Sure, some guys are lucky and have good crews come every year. But most can't wait for them to leave. If they had as much respect for our property as they had money... we'd be much better off!

I just got back from kicking another 2 idiots off our ground. These morons were from minnesota. They jumped out into our tree strip, which is no more than 60yds from the house, and started banging away. I got there just as they were dragging two pheasants back to the truck. I blocked the road, scolded them like children, took the pheasants, and told them if I ever see them again they will be detained and arrested.

I know where you are coming from.Although i am from a small town in SE SD that doesnt get as great as attention throught the year. There are 1600 residents and that number can get close to doubling in the first 2 weeks of the season. In high school i spent hours on end hunting this 80 acres because alot has been reserved for out of staters with wads of cash, and its hard to get permission to hunt. Anyway while on stand all tehose hours i have seen about everything.One morning i stayed in my stand till 11 season started at 10, right at 10 there were out of staters "ROAD HUNTING" they had no ground to hunt, in that hour they drove around the section a half a dozen times they would stop at one end of the crp and use binocs to see pheasants in the ditch run them down which 90 percent of teh time they would end up on out property..Then i took stand for teh night around 4, they were still driving and parking along the road they literally tailgated outside our ground and roadhunted and tresspassed on our ground all day. I was only 15 at the time and couldnt do much.I mean they would drive by and go off to another CRP field several miles away and come back i didnt want to leave my stand have tehm drive off and ruin my hunt anymore. That was just one group i seen of many that day and every day. that would road hunt and tresspass.

Yeah our state politicians want tons of people to come here, and they advertise or even brag how much ground is n the Public Hunting programs, but they dont say how not all of that ground is very good pheasant habitat. And it doesnt go very far with the number of people that come. So what are some forced to do when they come to south dakota wanting a cheap trip, to hunt public birds, they road hunt.
As far as our economy, like i said my smaller town only benifits maybe a couple of weekends, Cabelas is not far away and takes alot of the dollars from us but we still are growing every year we have 3 new stores in progress as i type this. And there not banking on pheasant season.
And yes we have had guests hunt with us a number of years from some of teh states that Okran is badmouthing and they are great people, but there is also a number of others from them states that i have no respect for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back