Fahrenheit 7-11....anybody gonna see it ?

lol rotflmao.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Still no direct answer.. Refer to my last post lol...

One more time Jane....

#1. Now I'd like to ask why it is that for one that claims that they do not like to argue (Ladyjane), why "you" seem to be right in the friggin middle of most of the threads in this forum??????????????? Especially the ones that are hot topics such as this one...... James L.

#2.. when was the last time that you went coyote hunting?

#3.. Are the two questions above plain enough?

If they aren't or you don't understand them let me know and I'll see if I can break them down one letter at a time for you Jane........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ........James L.

Quote, "We all know why you're (Jane) really here...."
A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N
It means more to them than diamonds or chocolate!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Originally posted by NASA:
[qb]Quote, "We all know why you're (Jane) really here...."
A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N
It means more to them than diamonds or chocolate!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif [/qb]
WWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif So very true lol.........James L.

I just wish they sold that stuff (Attention) at the store so I could pick it up on my way home from the woods and dump it on her right before I went out to skin my kills in the barn with a cold beer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JRB i am interested in hearing your reply. I enjoy a friendly political debate from time to time. And I can say that I have several close friends who are Bush supporters. I am not saying in anyway that your opinion or theirs is wrong I am just saying its not mine. Dont worry about losing a friend becasue of your views with me its not worth all of that!!! Honestly didnt mean to come off that way!! Do you do any night hunting?

Well take it easy

KY, I do intend to get back with you... I can only type about 110 words per minute so a short post isn't to bad but a long one cuts into my work... I don't want to come off half cocked and miss some of your points or anything. I think I've posted in the past without completely understanding what the person was saying... I'll try to read it thouroughly and debate it cleanly instead of hitting and missing. I think that would be more fair for both of us.

Here I say I don't have time for a big message and I rattle off this much in 45 seconds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll get back with you.

Oh, Night hunting is hard... I do it just to get in the woods but productivity is cut way down. If you're thinking of trying it I'd limit my expectations to 50 yards or less with a good shotgun and a red lense on a spotlight. Most guys go out a few times with rifles before getting burnt enough to leave em' in the truck and grab the scattergun. Good luck:

OK James.....
I must admit I ignored the first one thinking it was not worth responding to...and did not see the second one...I do NOT know how I missed it. But...here you go...

QUOTE:
#1. Now I'd like to ask why it is that for one that claims that they do not like to argue (Ladyjane), why "you" seem to be right in the friggin middle of most of the threads in this forum??????????????? Especially the ones that are hot topics such as this one...... James L.
ENDQUOTE

I believe I told you before that I like some of the things voiced here because I find them intellectually stimulating.

I do NOT consider speaking about my beliefs to be an argument...just merely voicing my opinion. It just seems that MANY of you become extremely defensive about it and as someone aptly put it, many of you LOOK for an argument...I forget who it was or the EXACT wording. I will be happy to look for it later if you NEED clarification. As for me...I am out of here to buy a new home and will check back for your answers later on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

QUOTE:
#2.. when was the last time that you went coyote hunting?
ENDQUOTE

I come from a family of hunters...I think I said that before as well. I HAVE NEVER HUNTED. Is that the answer you want? Matter of fact someone asked me that last night in the chat room. Would I? Yes..if I had the where-with-all...because from what I have seen they are plentiful and problematic here in TX. Does the fact that I do not hunt mean something in regards to this board?
If anyone from TX wants to take me out and show me..I would be HAPPY to join. I love new experiences. AND NO I am NOT looking for a man! I figure that would be NEXT. hah

So...you have a question from me (see above)....plus a few more:

Are you on Medicare?
Do you pay for your medications?
Do you think a person on Unemployment should be paying half of his/her check for medications?
Have you called Medicare for any information about what I have spoken about?
Have you called and price checked different pharmacies and IF so...if you were to purchase, would you do so at the MOST expensive or the LEAST?

NASA
Quote:
Quote, "We all know why you're (Jane) really here...."
A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N
It means more to them than diamonds or chocolate!!
ENDQUOTE

DO TELL...WHY am I here? You all seem to know me so well....I think I would love to hear this one. AND...while you are at it...that above quote flew over my head...I hate to sound stupid..but on this one I guess I am. Seemed to make another laugh..so please DO let me in on the joke.
Thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ps...I might tell you that I originally came to this board because of the server that my boyfriend and I run. I knew crapshoot from long ago and he asked if you all could use it. I happened to take a look in the #predatormasters channel one day and found it interesting and informative...had the guys in that chat room acted like some of you...I seriously doubt I would have bothered to look at this board at all. Normally when a group comes to my server I do not talk with them much...but your group made me welcome to join the channel. Once in a while I look in and enjoy seeing the things they talk about..hunting and making calls and stuff. I find that interesting....and I probably WOULD enjoy hunting predators....just not other animals. That would be MY personal thing...call me a Bambi lover. HAH!

I also like helping people with their computer problems. One of them has the sasser virus and I was trying to get in touch with him last night to help him get rid of it.

ok...end of my story...By the way..my name is Lin

"Are you on Medicare?"
No, I hope me and my generation NEVER ARE.

"Do you pay for your medications?"
No, haven't taken a presription medicine (outside emergency surgery) since I was 5 years old.

"Do you think a person on Unemployment should be paying half of his/her check for medications?"
No, all of it should be paid if they feel necessary. If they can't find a job and/or tough out an illness then they should bare the consequences themselves. They can either get a job or die trying. Tough? YES. Just my opinon, thats what you asked for.

"Have you called Medicare for any information about what I have spoken about?"
I have spoken with two medical professionals that couldn't derive a general point from your post other than the fact you support purchasing illegal drugs from canada.

Have you called and price checked different pharmacies and IF so...if you were to purchase, would you do so at the MOST expensive or the LEAST? I would pay the price it takes to respect laws, business owners and manufacturers of a product that saves millions of lives a year. The fact that we're dealing with human lives and multi-billion dollar research facilities makes this situation a little different than stealing a song from NAPSTER!

Now, don't over analyze that post... thats my opinion... move on down the line and soak up another opinion or two then chastise me for being argumentative.

Not at all...at least you answered them...even though they were not directed to you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I like that better than hearing how stupid my opinions are...you have yours..I have mine!

Jane, you seem so distracted and unfocused.

(1) Quote, "We all know why you're (Jane) really here...."

(2) A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N

(3)It means more to them than diamonds or chocolate!!

DO TELL...WHY am I here? See (2) above.

AND...I hate to sound stupid... but.. I guess I am. The quote (1) was made by JRB in response to one of your "I'm only here for the amusement value" retorts. His comment went over YOUR head but not the male audience.

It takes the fun out of the jokes when we have to keep explaining them to you. :rolleyes: Or is that just a ploy to stay on stage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Earlier I had told you, "you're one of the guys". I now have to take that back. It turns out, you're still just a woman, after all.

I don't think G.W. Bush is anything great. But, Michael Moore is a lying tea-baggin' fata$$. He truly gargles with other men's scrotums.

"9-11" happened two and a half years ago and now he's putting his "movie" out 6 months before the presidential election. This wasn't by mistake, it was a tactical attack on the Bush campaign. For a while I considered the possibility of voting democrat, BS like this reveals the nature of Michael Moore and his tonsil toy John Kerry.

Holy crap guys... She said something that made sense to me :eek: and I do respect her for that...

Lin... You probably would enjoy hunting predators.. It is a thrill (if you are into that kind of thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )... It is fun. Not hunting other animals is strictly up to you.

Be warned that once you start, it will overflow into other areas of your life, consuming you to the point that there is no turning back, and you might come to understand why "some" of us think and feel the way we do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ...

As a matter of fact I rarely deer hunt anymore. I was damned good at it and just flat out lost interest. No thrill anymore (yes I am into the thrill of the kill and freely admit it). That does not make me a bad guy or your enemy.

These guys in here (myself included) are not mean or "hateful". They have different opinions and we are very vocal about it..

Emotions tend to run high among us predator hunters.

Just like you we tend to get misunderstood for what it is we do.. Just remember that most of us are Americans just like you.

If anyone from TX wants to take me out and show me..I would be HAPPY to join. I love new experiences. AND NO I am NOT looking for a man! I figure that would be NEXT. hah...
Texas is as big as most two states put together.. Clarification on that one would help for getting volunteers...

Now to answer your direct questions..

Are you on Medicare?

No I am not

Do you pay for your medications?

Yes I do. Mine as well as about 1000 a month for my wife's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do you think a person on Unemployment should be paying half of his/her check for medications?

Here in Texas at a little over 240 dollars a week would mean 100 dollars so I believe that my answer to your second question tells a lot.. Been there and done it.. I did not bitch, wine, cry or mmoan about it.. Have over 100,000 dollars in hospital bills that I am still trying to pay off.. Try that one..

Have you called Medicare for any information about what I have spoken about?

I have to answer no to that question but I will take refuge in asking my wife about it and she comes up with a slightly different twist than you do..

She is a nurse and has worked in the "medical" feild for about 10 years or so as a nurse.. Her job that she has held included working home health which required her to know all the Medicare, and Texas Medicaid laws intimately..

As assistant to the director, it was her job to make sure that all the crap that they have to do gets done so they get paid... If she screwed up it could possibly cost the company she worked for millions of dollars.. And yes I say worked for as she has become disabled in the last 2 yrs to the point that she can hardly live her life without pain anymore.

Do I whine about it..No.. Does she.. Hell no.. We take what has been dealt to us and do the best that we can do..

Have you called and price checked different pharmacies and IF so...if you were to purchase, would you do so at the MOST expensive or the LEAST?

Yes I have.. While most pharmacies are different in price I have noticed that as long as you keep the "BRAND NAME" at each inquiry they are pretty close to the same price range. At times no more than a dollar or two off.

Now if I call Eckerds and ask for Tenormin and ask for the price it will be higher than when I call Wal-Mart and ask for atenanol. Same high blood pressure drug but one is a generic and the other is a "BRAND NAME".

Here on the board little bits of left out information is vitally important as we don't know what you are priceing..

The second part of your question is answered by saying that it depends.. I trust certain pharmacies more than I do others.. You only have their word that the drug they are dispensing to you is in fact certified safe.. That is an option that when you buy from Canada you don't get.

Now before you go off on another rant about them being the same I will say that in all probablity that they are..

They are more than likely safe.. On the other hand , how do you know they are?

just because they are both made by Eli Lily, Bristol Meyers or any other major comapny ( Ican give you adresses and phone numbers for them all if you'd like) they could (and oft times do) have slightly different phamacological make ups.. The drug sold here in the states may have that one ingredient left out that the usda says causes cancer. However..Since there is no law in Canada to prohibit them from including that ingredient and it makes the drug work better they put it in the drugs shipped to Canada.

And the rest of the answer is this.. I try my best to buy American so that my hard earned money stays here as it will help insure that products are able to be made here and that means jobs for Americans.

Oh! By The Way!! Did I mention that we ran a Patient Advocacy Program for a while. If you don't know what that is I'll tell you about it another time as it relates directly to the higher prices you pay for your drugs.. >>>>>>>>>James L.

Okay, here goes the thesis KY, took me a little while to do this right, I don’t think I missed anything… should suffice for your interest.

The discrepancy in 16 versus 17 warheads is understandable. If they are anything like the previous pictures I saw of the weapons cache’s in Iraq there are 1000 warheads sitting there… most of them empty, some them full of sarin, some half full of rat piss. If Rummy said 16-17 then he probably KNEW he had 20 and was playing it safe.

The bombs he was referring to being in speculation came from intelligence, much like the stuff used to help validate the need for an instant strike on Iraq in the first place. As you may remember that intelligence turned out to be less than reliable. To keep from suffering form HoofINMouth you’ll find Rummy and others walking wide circles around bold statements. Coming out and saying that Syria is directly linked in the hiding of chemical weapons would have ripple effects around the world instantly. The stock market would jumble with concerns of another war, terrorism would pick up from Syrian sympathizers, so on and so on. If Syria has been involved in these things we will most likely hear about it after the ringing of the first bomb dropped on the country. George W. Bush has not changed his ways even though he was pummled about unilateral action in Iraq, he will do what is right and what is best for our country. If Syria fits in that picture then watch out.

Keep in mind that the article you were reading was about 20 minutes off the press… it is probably full of inconsistencies with the actual events but it fit so perfectly how I had just read that then read your comment in another window. The details were sketchy and you’ll never find those topics on the liberal media anyways. The only thing guaranteed to make an instant FRONT PAGE NEWS is John Kerry selecting a running mate or George Bush stuttering during a speech…. Don’t look for things that would help justify a war that the liberals so dearly hate and the media loves for its shock value.

Clinton said, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman” then modified it to say “Indeed I did have sexual relations with that woman”. Nothing more, nothing less… some people forget and try to make it more vague than it was… but I remember. Did he lie? YES. Did he have to tell us? YES because we the people of the country he was leading asked him. Did he undermine our national security? No. Did he drag our great nation through the international mud? Yes.

I can honestly say with the utmost certainly that the invasion of Iraq has not put our National Security in question. If anything it has strengthened it ten times over. The things we’ve learned about the enemy both on the battleground and the domestic terrorism levels have helped us and will continue to help us make this country safer. All of those bombs going off over there in Iraq and Afghanistan weren’t aimed at folks who planned on staying over there and complaining about the U.S. They were training and planning to come over here like a few of their buddies did in September of 2001. The fact that there hasn’t been a terrorist attack on American soil since then is AMAZING. I do still expect it to happen before the election just because of the nature of the beasts, that is what they want to do so badly they will ramp up their attempts such that the mere numbers of attempts will make it happen. When it does, is it Bush’s fault? No. I honestly believe that he is doing everything he can to prevent the attack from happening… I’m uncertain at how successful he will be. I hope he is, but the odds are stacked against the greatest nation in the world when your dealing with an enemy you can’t see.

I don’t think the current administration has to do a whole lot to remain in power. They’ve done a better than average job of leading this nation through one of the most trying times in 50 years! Bouncing John F. Kerry around like a cheap ping-pong ball is not going to be hard… there will be plenty of it. The man has simply been around Washington too long to be taken seriously as a presidential nominee, if it weren’t for Iraq turning out the way it did they may not have entered the contest because of Bush’s strength. Iraq has been a stain on the Bush Administration but as that stain fades with time (between now and Nov) it will get easier and he will be able to smear some good stains on Kerry that will stick better.

A situation with an incumbent president is awkward, especially when he hasn’t fired up his fan base the way Clinton always did. The polls have remained very close in this race, even before the democratic candidate was chosen. (Or at least shown a front runner) I’m not sure how closely you follow politics but many republicans spend a lot of time researching and studying the issues and characters that make the political world go around. No offense, but Reps spend much more time as an average than Dems do reading, watching, talking and debating these topics. Anyways, my point was that Republicans (like myself) commonly fudge polls because of their understanding of the grounds involved. Many register as democrats to throw off balance the number of votes that candidates count on… many give GRILLING polls against the candidates they really like. This serves multiple purposes, these results often infuriate moderate republicans and get them involved in the campaign, it throws off the expected voter turnout for opposition, and it affects the race in a reciprocal effect. Lets just say Indiana is mostly republican… but many of us register democrat and claim we just love labor unions… the candidate chooses a union officer as his running mate and lynches his chances with other moderates that were sitting on the fringe on other issues but simply hate unions. Get my drift? There are many more things involved there but my point is that the numbers you are seeing are swayed by that a lot but not to the point its imbalanced race.

Going to war is decided on many factors. Some extremely justified in most peoples minds, some not. Saddam Hussein was a ruthless dictator that posed a threat even if not imminent to the US. Now, to jump into conspiracy theories… the middle east is our supply of crude oil. If they are left unchecked too long over there in their uncivilized behavior they can become too powerful. A little “Shock & Awe” has a way of keeping everyone in 2000 miles in line… that’s the benefit of being a super power. Also, Bush’s daddy tried to get Saddam once before and failed… since he was still a threat to the US I have no problem with an honorable man getting a little vengeance for his dad. Another conspiracy theory is the fact that nothing stimulates a sluggish economy like a good war. Government money swiftly picks up an economy and puts it on its feet, not to mention the confidence factor that rushed back into the stock market when we dropped the first bomb and stopped worrying about terrorism so much. Those are all on the fringe of theories but if you don’t want to believe the case that Bush made perhaps you can bite on one of those and justify it.

About the CIA leak, you won’t find many things that I haven’t researched in politics, especially ones that get that type of coverage about the Bush Administration. GW had to answer some questions and came out announcing his support in the investigation. He personally was much more supportive of the investigation than the administration was comfortable with. If you believe that GW personally had anything to do with something that trivial and subservient then you should stop reading the liberal rags. Just like Rummy didn’t know anything about the soldier’s behavior, GW didn’t know or care about any memo. If a cashier cusses you out at Wal*Mart do you call Sam Walton and ask for a resignation or investigate him personally? No, these trivial things happening around the country are far removed from the top-level leadership.

Richard Clarke has several issues with his testimony. Is he upset about losing his job? Yes, but there is MUCH more too it than that. The man hasn’t been taken seriously for years and he hit a few things on the head. He picked up on terrorism threats that we didn’t know were possible, many of them went ignored under other administrations. He has been known for credibility gaps for years, sort of a rogue operative trying to be more than he really was. There have been no lawsuits filed because that would be too clintonesque for a republican to venture… if he did, it would be the biggest thing since a soldier twisting his ankle in Iraq!

Someone getting out of office and going to work for a liberal media outlet is an obvious show of intent, is it about popularity or money? He has been accused of that for years, like a whining child amongst men. Clarke has done some great things for our country including picking up the Internet threat that was amazing in magnitude and setting up strategies and studies against powers in the Middle East.

Job growth and tax cuts are unique, you will find a sharp difference between Dems and Reps take on the subjects. George W. Bush has followed “pretty closely” to the average republican platform in his assessment of the tax reform and I agree with that. Big companies get breaks because big companies make jobs, make products and make money for the UNITED STATES. Local guttering companies put money in small town economies but giving them tax breaks doesn’t have the direct and efficient affects the way larger companies do. If “Guttering International” can import, export and sell their product cheaper it will filter down to “bobs guttering” and Bob will be able to pay Jim more for hammering nails all day. It takes longer to get to the bottom than the democrats way but it is more substantial and longer lasting. You’ve heard “the rich will be rich and the poor will be poor”? The theory is you could give each welfare recipient a million dollars out of the pocket of a millionaire and in due time the money will be right back where it was… in the business minded mans wallet. Now, these are harsh examples but the philosophy is easier to grasp this way.

Low interest rates aren’t necessarily the stimulus as much as they are a symptom of a sluggish economy. Alan Greenspan is an economical genius, nobody can dispute that too much. The economy is growing faster than it has in over 20 years, interest rates are on the rise to keep up with inflation and jobs are growing some months larger than they have in 4-6 years. The economy is growing and will continue to do so because of the policies that Bush has instituted… it may be slower than necessary to get him re-elected but not even Kerry would dare roll back the tax cuts Bush got through. He’d take it over and if it somehow failed he’d say “It wasn’t mine”.

The election will be interesting. I suppose it will stay close to the end but when Bush and Kerry stand at podiums I am sure that George W’s strong backbone and Kerry’s flip-flopping liberal legislating background will prove to be the mismatch of the century. There’s an old saying in politics, “We just don’t elect legislators to presidency.” How long will it take to prove that true again? I’m guessing October… but it may be later than that.

These are my takes on the situation, I’ve explained them the best I could but there are certainly things I’ve missed and don’t understand well enough to be tutoring myself. Some other folks in here would probably be able to correct or solidify my post or answer anything else you have to comment on. Happy hunting: JRB

James L. I will respond to your post later as I just got in and am making dinner. But you said some very interesting things....

Oh sure, blame it on a Clairol moment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

HOUSTON!!! BUT....I have no license....or gun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (
And I hate red tape and applications..haha! Do they have *guest* priveleges so you can *try it out*? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have a feeling I might actually be good at it..but that might just be my silliness.

As for what you said about Medicare..yes they DO have a LOT of red tape. I am also a retired nurse and in my last job I was in a local health department. Funny, (but not really funny) is that I too am disabled and have been since I had a serious injury on the job in 1999. I had a pension but unfortunately no health benefits..luckily I had prepared in other ways as well. I too live with chronic pain but rarely complain about it...I believe that if you think too much about it...it feels worse. Best to just get up and move around as best you can and try to keep a better attitude. I also do not believe in being drugged up...I have seen a lot of that. That is what I believe I said in another post where someone said I did. I also have joined a gym and have derived great benefits from it (especially with regards to the pain). I have a personal trainer and do Pilates on the Allegro machine...I am totally amazed at what that does for you. I agree that you play with the cards you are dealt with.

I only complain about the system with medications because people THINK they are going to get all this help that is not really going to happen. I am fortunate that I do not have to rely on any help with it. I am VERY vocal about that and also the state of our health care system. I remember the late 70s and the early 80s when the doctors were abusing the insurance companies. They actually would admit the elderly and do a whole battery of tests on them to justify their stay when in fact the family wanted a *break* from them. These little old people were cute...but heck they treated the hospital like it was a resort. I surely would have wanted another vacation myself...but I suppose whatever floats your boat. Their families looked at it as free *day care*. Then of course we have the lawyers who sue for every broken finger and toenail..so what we have NOW is a total MESS of a health care system where lay people decide what tests/treatments are *necessary*. I go on about that mostly BECAUSE of my background..moreso than what I actually have to pay out of pocket. I DID call Medicare to check out the temporary RX cards and determined that I do not want one. They save next to NOTHING in reality...the woman I spoke with at Medicare was very helpful and thorough.

Well...I have NOT price checked here in Texas..but did in NJ and was shocked at the difference in prices...and I am not referring to
generic vs brand name. I priced like items. Maybe here in TX it is different. I might do that test myself this week! But I DO know none of them will beat the pharmacy I deal with. They do not carry ALL of the medications I take...but the ones they do come in sealed containers straight from the manufaturer. I buy 100 at a time because they sell them for less. I am only able to get a few of them there..the rest I buy here.

I too believe in buying in the US....but the way things are now not much is left as ONLY a US item. There is SO much outsourcing it is a shame. I also believe in patronizing small businesses IF they give me the service which most do. I find the larger stores to be less helpful...and I am happy to help a person who is in business.

I would like to hear about the Patient Advocacy Program for sure!

weird_thread.gif

Back