Fahrenheit 7-11....anybody gonna see it ?

I believe so waxman, but by reading Nasa's post, its sounds as though there is a problem with illegals getting to vote in federal elections.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

While doing a little bit of research on immigration laws I found this;

click here

Kinda interesting reading. Sounds like Bush dont know what he wants to do. hmmmmm

edited to say the topic changed once again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey waxman I think Canada has it all figured out, thats why yall dont see the problems we do. LOL!!! JK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Im here to tell ya its bad here in the deep South. The oilfields are plumb full of illegals and employers are bound by only requiring 2 forms of identification. The laws state that you cannot suggest which 2. Another words if a non-English speaking applicant comes for an application, you cant ask to see his work visa. They will often become legal, then over time after they are settled in with a job and a house they will not renew and rough the waters to see how long they can go until caught.

Funny little story to add, I somewhat have to handle the applicants at my place of employment. They come in (95% hispanic) ask for an application, I either hand them one or dont depending on the need at the time. They fill it out and where it says "DL # and State Issued" they will leave it blank. I then inquire when they come back in if they have a valid DL and they will of course say "no" in choppy English. Ok, I then say that we will review it and send them on their way just to see them hop in some 2004 Dodge pickup and drive off.

This happens day in/day out. I beat my head on the wall but you cant do anything about it.

Legally you have to be a citizen and not otherwise prohibited from voting (felon, bad conduct discharge, etc). As a practical matter there isn't much to stop ANYONE from voting here.

In the 1st Clinton term the "motor voter" law was passed, which established voter registration at the drivers license issueing locations. The claimed idea was just to make it easier for people to vote, when of course it never was very hard to start with. The purpose, IMHO, was to make it easy for illegals to register, as they tend to support democrats when they can.

I still like the idea of requiring proof of taxes to vote.... if you ain't paid in, don't show up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote, "Legally you have to be a citizen..."
Now, what is it about illegal aliens that would motivate them to do "anything" that is legal? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

KY, yes I saw your post and I sent you a private message about it. I've got some major system downtime coming this week so I don't have much time. I'll shoot you this one but it will be awhile before I can play with these long messages again... too much work to do. You seem to be very knowledgably about economics, I'm not. Its an area I would like to research and study in the future. My mother used to own an accounting firm and is now an economic strategist for a large company... she'd be a good tutor when I have the time. I'll take a stab at what I can wrap my mind around but I can't talk the statistics and equations as easily as you can. Thanks: JRB......

The UN was paraded around by Saddam's people and not allowed to enter certain places while certain things were moved. Surprise inspections? They were planned and executed to the Iraqis likings... we all watched Hanz Blix walk around in clean laboratories with white walls and empty cabinets and nobody felt any safer because of it. The "fact" that we "probably know for sure" is total guesswork on your part... we're looking for something small enough to fit in a car in a desert. It could have been moved, it could have been buried... who knows. The facts that it was a threat isn't disputed by Clinton or any other person knowledgeable person. Clinton said two weeks ago that it would be "Totally impossible and incompetent for Bush to ignore the threat Saddam posed" Now, how he had the stones to say that after 8 years of nick nacking with the man I don't know. The "false pretenses" are thus far only the recalled statements about enriched uranium coming from Africa that was used in the pre-war speech, the case of WMD is not closed. Those things were caused by faulty intelligence, the mobile chemical labs were photographed by satellite before the war and only half of them have been accounted for thus far. Those labs weren't examined by Blix and his boys either. And Blix did find things Saddam shouldn't have had even in his staged investigation.... a lot like the many weapons we've found since we invaded Iraq. All things he shouldn't have had and could've used to kill Americans or anyone else... WMD? Maybe not... unless used strategically. I believe there will be WMD found, when? Late October. Just like the ramping up of the hunt for Bin Laden, the hunt for WMD will pick up and have new resolve that time of year... the "harder hunting" and my other theory of "saving the best for last" as far as hiding places will probably produce something that interest the American people.

You can say Bush "mistakenly" went to war but an awful dictator and hater of the US is in custody. We haven't had a terrorist attack in almost three years. And weather you want to debate it or not IRAQ SUPPLIED TERRORIST, either with weapons, information or money... they aided and abetted terrorist.

You asking for Bush to accept any responsibility for 9/11 is a little sad in my view. Even though Clinton lead the country for the previous 8 years I don't hold him accountable enough to ask for an apology. Bush was in office how long before the attack? The FBI was taking 10s of thousands of threats a year and investigating them.... how would they have known. Even if they got a little post-it note somewhere that says "Flying planes into twin towers", how in the world would they have prevented or prepared for it? How in the world would you have expected them to take the threat seriously? I think we all forget too easily how sheltered we were at the time... its all "common sense" now, how disgusting and dangerous these terrorist are but we were CLUELESS as a nation on September 10th 2001. Its easy to have 20/20 vision and blame people for disasters but Bush is no more guilty in 9/11 than the firemen who worked the scene that day. If Clinton thought Bin Laden was such an imminent threat then he should've had the balls to go do something about it, he either didn't have the balls or didn't see the needs. But again, even as much as Clinton knew about Al Quieda and terrorism I don't hold him responsible for the events of 9/11.

No president of the United States would ever apologize for such a situation. Generals don't apologize for soldiers dying, presidents don't apologize for tornados or terrorism. He expressed some of the most sincere condolences to the families and showed more resolve than any democrat would've! Apologizing wouldn't be political suicide, it would be ignorant. Why would he apologize? I'm totally not following that one... his short term of just over a year had very little impact in allowing this to happen but that is not the point. We can point fingers at people because we don't like them but lets be realistic, did anyone "apologize" for Pearl Harbor? Hurricane Hugo? I mean seriously? Everything that kills people could be taken politically but I didn't think anybody would be looking for apologies.

What you saw on Good Morning America is just a good story. I didn't see it, Clarke saying everything he did holds no water, that's why it dissipated in a week. If it were as relevant as you think we'd still be hearing about it today... even the 9/11 commission itself has twisted facts enough that its lost all credibility. That commission is full of the most liberal morons the country has ever seen and they use it as a chance to parade ridiculous politics in front of an audience instead of working towards a decision as they were instructed to do. If you ever watched a few sessions you'd understand that Bush doesn't like many of the folks on there... most people have discarded their political grandstanding from anything to be taken seriously. Clarke's "Apology" was a joke, he was just twisting and twisting trying to pull at the heart strings of America... that's the way he was!

On tax cuts, the "BS" that Bush has told us is true. If you want to research it until you find another point of view that works, that's fine.... that's what Kerry is doing. There are always two sides to a story even when its a cut and dried fact. You can hand two people 20 facts and have them write a story and they can come up with completely controversial statements about the subject... that's what Republicans and Democrats do. Optimist, Pessimist.

The phrase "Corporate Tax Rates Haven't Changed" is something the Bush campaign has covered their bases on. Why do liberals scream about how the upper class and corporations are getting tax breaks?? Because they are! Did their rates change? maybe not, is that necessary to receive a break? No. Its all in the wording and how you want to receive it... fact is if nothing had changed the liberals wouldn't be able to cry.

"No New Taxes" was an unforgettable mistake. Bush Jr hasn't done the same. The facts you displayed about the taxes are interesting, but I don't find them as awful as you do. Was it about votes? Yes. Did it stimulate the economy? yes. The exact situation you've picked out seems to be an obvious political pawn... cut it here and prevent it there... This is another version of your "political suicide" that presidents can fall into. If they cut a huge tax from the federal government without leaving a "stop block" in the process they'd be screwed and would never get away with it. Opening up one sector while leaving a restrictor on another is good politics and good business. The country could hardly afford the tax cuts when they were given, much less now after this war, Bush didn't want to end up with his foot in his mouth like his dad did so he used this basic political strategy to skirt the example you've given. Now this is my take on it, without investigation its just an opinion. I am sure that many portions of the tax program are opened up enough to allow more growth than the one you've produced here.

Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy are debatable. How much money do you have to have to your name to be in the top 10% of Americans? That's the percentage most affected by "upper class" tax cuts.... its not as much as you think. Is it middle class? no. But upper class is a lot closer than you think! The terminology about "America's wealthiest" is confusing.... John Kerry and John Edwards combine the wealth of several THOUSAND "upper class" Americans. The fact that 10% Americans will get the largest tax cuts shows you its about economy itself more so than direct votes. Could he have given hundreds of thousands of tax deductions to lower income families and gotten several votes out of it but the reciprocal effect of good economic decisions will bring more wealth and more votes for everyone in America.

Kerry has said that he will not repeal the Bush tax cuts. Now he's probably taken both sides of the issue, or at least has Edwards on the other side of the fence for safety. Weather the taxes are repealed or not, the services that we need least will be cut first and there is a lot of pork out there that can be cut before any policing or fire. Road taxes pretty well take care of that work... and more. I'm not the least concerned about those things being cut.

You say its easy to get caught up in statistics, but the statistics work both ways. They are blatantly obvious to you and me in our own ways and they are both different. The stock market will continue to flip-flop the way it has for decades, that's not much of a prediction. The economy will and has stabilized above the levels of the terrorists attacks and "recession" of a couple years back. If you have issues with Greenspan that's fine, I think he's done a fine job and the economy has been tough. Judging the administration on all levels is easily done with the trials they've been handed. Many arguments are substantial but you can't compare them to others in the past... today's world is drastically different than previous presidents have seen. I think Bush will win handily in November but time will tell. He is not the greatest speaker but I'd rather hear that Texas accent out of his mouth than the lies and trash out of Clintons. I think the rest of the world agrees... at least the ones that aren't limp wristed and laying in the fetal position waiting on us to save them!

What I find strange is that we gripe about jobs being down but at the same time need labor to handle jobs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Huh, who, what??
icon59.gif

Lost sight of this one for a while, god only knows how, I see that you folks have been busy. I went through and browsed most of the posts since I last kept up on it, however didn't read all of them thoroughly. Let me comment on some of what I picked up on.

KyCoyoteHunter: What makes the difference how many it is 16 or 17, or what they contain, mustard or serin. I for one certainly don't want it here, and it is WMD, so whats the complaint. He had planes buried in the desert for crying out loud, I am sure that as time goes on, the tons of WMD that he is known to have had will turn up, hopefully not in this country. Would you want just one of these dropped near your home? I know I wouldn't.

We did/do need to fight this war, on our terms, no-one elses. The UN is worthless, as our most of our dear Europeon Allies. France wants to be the big guy in the world, they never have been, they never will be. The will only be the spine-less cowards they always have been in the past, then ask us yet again to bail their butts out of the fire.

When the truth comes out about what has been going on with dear Saddam, the UN, and the French, Germans, and Soviet Union, I am sure there will be some eyebrows raised. I am also willing to bet that there is alot more to the terrorism connections with these same countries. We have someone at the helm now who is willing to stand up to this threat and beat it, I for one am very greatful. Kerry won't do it, he'll throw medals at them, then call the UN and France, that will do a lot of good, call an Organization that has no credability and a country that has never been able to stand up for itself and ask them for help.

There were also some post regarding taxes, and if they really went down, well mine did. And I was able to put some extra people on the payroll, if the tax breaks get reversed, even slightly, I am pulling in the reins and cutting payroll immediately, I will not wait at all, and it will be made clear to those affected why I am doing it.

I cannot get over how people will look to others to fix problems rather than looking in the mirror, quit blaming everything on everyone else, and start looking at things with some common sense, then start using some of your energy to help correct some of the problems.

Ok, guys!!! There is no convincing you of my issues, and really that wasn’t my point anyway. But I will say this the tax issue wasn’t a clear cut and dried issue such as JRB stated!!! The trickle down is a trickle dud and anyone who knows much about taxes knows this.

Think of this for one sec. and I will stop on taxes

If it were bush's plan to create growth and economic stimulus why did he cut the individual tax rates?

Some of these did give some child tax credits which help minimally however why not cut the Corp tax rates and give them incentive tax breaks for hiring new employees etc.

True C Corporations profits flow to shareholders in the form of dividends. I am sure u know this JRB however did you know that corporations at their discretion can retain their profits in "accumulated earnings and profits" up to and not pay tax on these undistributed earnings? They can avoid this accumulated earnings tax by distributing the profits in the form of "dividends" or they can accumulate them if they can demonstrate a reasonable need to do so. example capital purchase, etc.

A TRUE TRICKLE AND NOT A PICKLE

If Bush’s tax plan was to bump the economy wouldn’t he have 1 raised the high individual income tax brackets 2 raise the dividends tax rate instead of lowering it.

Guys keep in mind if this had been done this would have cut my disposable income as well. However, it’s not what was best for us all.

This would have forced corporations to:

1 Stimulate corporations to wait until the individual tax rates fell back to what they were prior to the tax change in order to encourage corporations to hold out and retain (reinvest) this money in capital improvements, machinery etc. In the best interests of their stockholders. JRB THIS IS TRUE TRICKLE DOWN This creates jobs for all machinist, construction contractors etc I am sure u get the point. Since Bush took office job placement that he has achieved is yet to reach the level of the jobs that were lost since his presidency.

You know why this is going over so well? I am sure u know that a lot of board members, CEO’s etc have major holdings in their companies don’t u? Well guess what those who were getting filthy rich before these tax cuts are laughing now because there are benefiting even more now!!! SO WHY DO SOME BIG CO’s back bush no biggie there now is it?

I have no issues with Greenspan, he is a genius. I mentioned b4 he urged bush last year to start raising interest rates to begin combating inflation, did he? Nope because he pushed it closer to the election so when the inflation impact hit about 6 months afterwards the beginning of the raising of the rates he hopefully would already be reelected!!!!

I can argue till I am blue on this issue!!!!!!!! But it does no good. But NOV will tell I guess that’s when we will see who is right. Hmmm

Iraq

DOD,
do u know there are weapons over there? Do I know there is not? NO Bush said he did from intelligence. So if this intelligence sucked why not tell us why, how and who gave it to him? The cia fbi is now taking the blames???? Saddam is no longer a threat!!! It sounds like Clinton has been taken out of context someplace but I won’t even argue that point with u.

U think it was bad Clinton lying about Monica??? We will see what voters think of Bush in Nov.

I have to close friends that have been to Iraq both bush supporters b4 they went. One came back in not so much favor of his views. One of them was no where near the battle and one is right dab in the middle.

The one not seeing how things are really there away from the action still himself believe that they MAYBE there for a reason. Even he after going is now not for sure.

The one is the heat of the battle says what’s really going on over there your not seeing. The American sentiment over there is pretty low. His men are getting worn out and equipment is lacking. I am sure this can be blamed on Clinton cutting of the military huh.

I am not saying in any sense we should set passively by only acting when something is done against us. But I am saying there are places we should have gone besides Iraq.

Stop and ask yourself why did Bush not bomb the hell out of North Korea when they first refused to stop their nuclear program. Being a nice Texan? I think not. What do they have that we need? Its RICE THEY HAVE THERE NOT OIL baby, also Iraq was an easy target and great Economy booster.

These are my views guys,
I guess time will tell how the majority of Americans feel about all of it in November.

Hey JRB its not about talking statistics or knowing them. I find it sad however people like your self have been mislead on the tax issue like I feel I have (the country) has on Iraq. Hopefully all will look in depth at it and see it for what it is instead of saying tax breaks OH YEA.

I am not in any way trying to insult your intelligence. After a thorough investigation of my earlier tax issues you may/may not agree that his plan was a definite biased toward the rich and not in the best interest of the country.

The people you ask who know/should know what the cuts entailed will tell you they are malarky unless they themselves are benefiting from it.

This you may or may not find interesting. THIS COMES completely from a non biased source the AICPA.

A bulletin was sent to me the other day. stating that. "Historcally CPA's has backed the republican candiate 3 to 1 in previous elections early polls, in fact the remaind true ACCORDING TO THE AICPA until late last year now according to them. As a couple of months ago that has change 50/50 is going DEM or REP. I found this pretty interesting my self. You may or may not!!!. These are people who ARE supposed to know a little about taxes!!!

That is some interesting dialogue there. I find it interesting that you have two friends that have changed their minds after signing up to support their country and they come home doubting things over their head. Do you think they have obtained some sort of knowledge over there that we don't have about the reasons for war or the necessity of being there?

No, they've been shellshocked by live rounds when they probably just signed up for two weekends a month and an extra paycheck... that stuff will happen to people who sign up for the wrong reasons or don't have the true resolve of a soldier. I've not met any soldiers coming back with those sentiments... seen them on TV, but the liberal media puts ads out in the paper to find people like that... even some I know who have been discharged and left on unemployment understand the need and desire for democracy in Iraq & Afghanistan.

DOD thats what I am trying to do. Get people to open their eyes and minds. I dont know your specific situation at your ccurrent business venture but I will say this unless you make good, good money the tax breaks didnt benefit u a great deal. Certainly not enough to be hiring help as a direct result of them. And if you are lead to believe this then you may be in trouble. I hope not but you may. I would have to know some more info about income levels payroll info and the type business ur in to say for sure but I dont think Kerry is gonna hurt u any.

In my opinion DOD bush has not help what seems to me your small business any. But I cant make this assumption until I know ur situation. But if you tell me some income levels employee numbers etc not specific co name needed or anything to let me know who you are just some interesting tax points that may change your mind.

I usually charge a good fee for this but in this case I will make an exception, JUST TO USE SOME TIME AND EFFORT as you said to prove to you how much you benefited from this so called tax break. Then u take the time an effort to verfy what i tell u to be true. I will also need to know this u get dividends in 03 cap gains?

Disclaimer,

Please not all my opinions are just that I do not take any responsibility on the sucess or faliure of your business. the info I provide will only to be to research the tax cuts and how they relate to u.
LCD

JRB,

To set things straight,

I knew that was comming. Let me clariffy. The one who saw no battle still believes we are there are for the reason of finding something. The one however who now believes otherwise was in the mix of things. I say was because now he is spending time at home in FT hood texas with his family. I am sure he doesnt want to go back in two weeks leaving a wife and 2 kids again either but you will never hear him say this. He is hardcore Army and will tell you its his duty. What he signed up for, and his obligation to go even though he has to small children.

His beliefs shared with me indicate however that the moral and sentiment of the troops is not what it was before they thought they were there for a completely different reason. Also there have been a lot a A walls lately. I understand this is typical in every war however. My view is on this guy that went to leabnon or where ever should be hung if they find he is derlicion of duty. Not just courtmarshalled.

This is just my view.

Jrb.
Again the friend who saw no action is the one comming back and saying all what he did when in actuality he did nothing. Those who fight usually dont talk bout it much.

I wasnt aware of this either until recently but did u know that kerry won 3 purple hearts one silver and one bronze stars while serving in nam, yes he threw them back but I hear at the white house to.

you think bush got medals for those weekend traing missions he (attended/did't attend)? who knows back here in the sates????

We don't want to turn this into a popularity contest between Bush and Kerry. If you want to talk issues okay, as long as you have facts, but the men are far different than their political beliefs. Bush's time of service may be an inconvenience to his political resume but are you familiar with Kerry's accomplishments? Not just the ones he got during battle but the ones he got back home? You say he threw his medals across the fence... well, first he said he did. Then after grilling by veterans he admitted that he had secretly swapped out HIS metals for someone elses metals and thrown THOSE over the fence. But he really did burn the ribbons off his... ? WHAT ? What a moron. His insistance on pleasing all of the people all of the time gets him in trouble. The term "flip flopping" is not a campaign slogan... its a reality in terms of John Kerrys life and politics. He came back a hero and spent years denouncing the army and its soldiers. Then he turns back into a patriotic american and votes for a war and for the funding... THEN he goes back into ANTIWAR Mode to get the nomination and now recently he's shyed away from such rhetoric.... now that the handover is complete and violence is down. I think the man watches the news and reads polls when he wakes up and decides on a political platform for the day.

Bush provided legal documents that showed he was there at the training camps... he let Kerry run with it just long enough to pull the chain and kill his credibility a little more... but like they say, if you lie loud enough and often enough someone will believe it.. thats what Kerry is running on a whole lot in this election.

I am far more concerned with how the next president will deal with international terrorists who want to kill us right now than what either man did over 30 years ago.

In Kerry's case, I only have his record to examine. He has never been a manager of any sort, so his management skills are untested. His attitude and desires for our security interests, however, have been demonstrated through his actions and votes. After examining this record I do not find him acceptable, IMHO, as our president while we're at war. He has been on the side of communists far too much, and has made it very clear that he thinks our security decisions should be subject to UN approval.

This I absolutely disagree with. The UN is not our friend, and what is good for our security is not a priority for the UN.

Kerry served in Viet Nam. Great. Bush has not said one negative word about that service. Bush also served -honorably- during that time. Bush's service may have been a question the first time around. It is not now. We have 3 years of his performance as CinC to evaluate him by, as compared to examining his distant past in an effort to determine how he may act in the future. We KNOW how he will act in his next term, the same way he's acting now. Decisively, with resolve, with our sovereignty retained.

One may agree or disagree with his decisons, but one knows what they are. Given that we are engaged in a world war right now, and Kerry (and a lot of liberals) refuse to even admit that it's a war, I very much prefer Bush for the job over Kerry.

Funny stu fish who created the un do u know?

I think if u look we were the ones who initaiated its creation!!! No we dont wana abide by it or be a part of it!! Contradicatory dont u think. Why is bush trying to still win their support???? VOTES!!!!

Back