cheap upper

My cheap upper showed up today, ordered out of the second batch. Surprise now third batch! Oh well looks in good shape, ordered armalite complete lower today can`t wait to put the two together.

"Has anyone removed the flash suppressor yet?"

Why do you wanna remove it?

Here's a redneck method that'll work......Put a good fitting wrench on it and smack the wrench with authority. It'll break loose pretty easy. (if you never plan on using the FH again, a pipe wrench will work fine also
smile.gif
)

By the way, anybody know where a guy could get a thread protector/crown protector if ya did remove the FH and left it off?

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotes"Has anyone removed the flash suppressor yet?"

Why do you wanna remove it?

Sound suppressor...
smile.gif

Just wondering if the flash suppressor comes off easily, and if it does, it means it's legal length without it as well.

Sami, Be careful before you try any "RedNeck" ways of removing it.... It may be pinned and if it is, you will run a high risk of ruining the barrel...

I would send an e-mail, or call, to the company and ask before attempting the removal.... If it is only held on with a compression washer, it should turn off fairly easily with a punch or screw driver inserted in the flash diffuser......

When they are pinned in place, the pin is usually welded over and polished smooth and the weld has to be ground off to allow the pin to drop out of the slot/hole in the threads...The pin will usually be on the bottom of the diffuser...

That's why I asked if anyone had removed it. I will play with it but since my sound suppressor is still waiting on the tax stamp, I'm in no rush. Just was curious to see what the quality was on the threading.

I have the upper "accessorized", just need a lower now and some magazines.

When I ordered mine i didn't realize we could change options or I would of changed hand guards up front ,but mine did come with m4 feed ramps. Still waiting for my lower to come in!! I wanted to try a plum crazy but tough to find someone around here to order you one.

Originally Posted By: Bert44When I ordered mine i didn't realize we could change options or I would of changed hand guards up front ,but mine did come with m4 feed ramps. Still waiting for my lower to come in!! I wanted to try a plum crazy but tough to find someone around here to order you one.

Bert,

You need to talk with Brasshound. He will get you hooked up.

I mounted optics on 2 of these uppers today,,lubed them and scrubbed them,,,they were both real stiff.Seems good quality for 300 and change to me.

Maybe one or both will make my list in firearms.

Will be shooting them in maybe tomorrow.............X

Quote:...they were both real stiff.

Keep the gas rings lubed until they break in.
I even see that on my old BCGs when I swap in new rings.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote:...they were both real stiff.

Keep the gas rings lubed until they break in.
I even see that on my old BCGs when I swap in new rings.

Can you pls tell a newbie how to lube rings and what lube to use? Thanks.

I am no expert,i just soak em down witn 3 in 1 when i am breaking them in.,,before i do that i use a light cutting oil and rack em and slap em shut about 100 times,,them hose em down with wd40,,,you will see the gritty stuff spray out..

Never had a issue with this technique..........X

Ok, finally got everything put together. Plum Crazy Lower, JSE Custom Upper otherwise known to us as "Cheap Upper", Leupold Vari X II 2-7 scope.
[img:left]
DSCN6610.jpg
[/img]
I was going to shoot today come [beeep] or high water, well it was HIGH WATER here in IDAHO, has been for awhile..Anyway, here is how it went down, not the best range conditions it was raining and I had about a 5 mph wind, all shots are at 100 yard range. I shot PMC Full Metal Jackets to get it on paper, then once I had it close enough for the conditions I switched to Fiocchi 40 grain v-max and then some HSM 50 grain v-max all factory loads mind you...Well this thing shoots the Fiocchi ammo REALLY WELL considering the condtions, this was all off of a bench. First target the shot to the right of the bull is the PMC once I got it in the general area. The other 5 are from the Fiocchi the 3 shot group being numbers 1 2 and 3 the other two being 4 and 5. Not bad considering the condtions I had today at the range and with factory ammo.
DSCN6605.jpg
[/img]
The second photo is with the HSM ammo and it really grouped poorly and the conditions were the same as when the Fiocchis were fired.
DSCN6607.jpg
[/img]
I then ran a quick fire test with 10 rounds of PMC full metal jackets and this "LIL Black Rifle" cycled excellently with no hiccups! Felt the barrel after the rapid fire and it was only warm and not hot at all....So considering what I had to work with today and not wanting to cycle ammo dead center with these conditions, I think everyone will agree that this truck gun is more than "Minute of Coyote", can't wait to get her "Really Dialed In"! So far I am very impressed with the PLUM CRAZY Lower and the JSE Custom Upper "Cheap Upper". Hope this helped a little, will post again when I shoot for zero under ideal conditions.

What no big oll wampen 50mm wazoo scope?
Have you ever dissected any of the Fiocchi ammo?
Nice review and good looking lower there fireball....

Perfect truck guns..

Brasshound..

Brasshound, nope now "Chad Scope" talked to him today and laughed about how that scope he mounted was almost bigger than his AR..

Nope, haven't dissected any of the Fiocchi but I will tell you it shoots the lights out in my R-15 as well, I love it.

Really enjoying the Lower, THANKS AGAIN! I wanted a truck gun and THIS IS IT!

Back