cheap upper

I tried the JP yellow springs in one of my PC lowers. Helped very, very little.

An RRA 2 stage did the trick though.
smile.gif

I guess I am lucky when it comes to my trigger finger.
I crushed and tore the pad of my index finger loose, took seven stitches to put it back on..

No but really, if you compare these to a high end match trigger that has been tweaked, I would say they would be; ho hum...

If you compare the Plum Crazy trigger to a MIL-SPEC unit, they are very nice, especially for the money..
Comes down to what you are willing to spend, and where you are going with your projects.

Brasshound..

I just ordered some trinkets from midway with the 10.00 discount... JP 3.5 springs ???? don't know if they are yellow or not... If not the gun is awesome for the price that's for sure... I had a guy from work offer me 600 bucks for it sight unseen
lol.gif

If that is less than you have in it sell that puppy and see if he wants a second or has any buddies that want one. Some easy money, and good pass time. I don't think the ATFE could do anything so long as your not taking orders or dealing between states.

I would like to be able to build one of these, but I'm lucky to have enough for just a lower. So the idea of building more than one sounds like a dream.

Ok here is a preliminary range report on accuracy of my Plum Crazy with the Cheap Upper....

xmmio1.jpg

Took a 2 - 7 Leupold off my Bushmaster and affixed it to this rifle, I started out at the 25 yard mark 3 quick shots revealed a jagged hole hmmmm not bad for a service rifle with a rather heavy trigger lol lol I would say about 8 lb trigger whew heavy but not to bad on the smooth side, I've shot much worse.... it gets better the more rounds I shot the better it got... I got her dialed in pretty good at 100 yds with the heavy trigger she is shooting easily MOA or less at 100yds from a bench only rested not bagged or locked down... unbelevable for a rather inexpensive service rifle hahaha I need to get a rail to bring the scope up or higher rings because it is awkward with the medium height rings since I have fat cheeks hahaha and I'm not talking about my butt cheeks....

I have a set of lighter trigger springs on order lets see how they work out for me if they don't I am gonna drop in a RRA 2 stage that will make it sweet but will add some bucks to the price and I don't want to really do that if I don't have too....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Brasshound

In regards to lighter, we could try pencil barrels.
Not sure exactly how much lighter we would get them, but there are still a few ounces to be had..

The plum crazy lowers are far more than one would, or could imagine, and the cheap uppers will do just fine till the next upper comes along.

brasshound......... i putt a pencil barrel upper on one of your PLUM CRAZY lowers, the upper was a 18 incher with rifle gas.
and your BCG,

talk about light ! yes it had a free floating aluminum handguard, all total, i do thinks ? she was under 5 pounds ? im guessing on that, but wow. weighed nothing, feather light.

it was such a awsome setup, im dying to order more lowers from you, building a pencil 20 incher upper, now. with an old vietnam
pencil barrel for myselfe.

ha, me-myselfe-and-i are planning a group buy....lol !!!

i cannot restrain myselfe, the pencil barrel upper and your plum crazy lower, was just one fantastic rig,
everyone should own one,

peabody

ok........ i've been reading all these posts... in this thread.... ya'll saying stiff and heavy triggers in your plum crazy lowers, i must've gotton a great one, i figger around 5 pounds ? brasshound says closer to six, but ? dang thing was very crisp, zero creep, broke like glass. i liked it alot.

peabody

me myselfe and i .... are going to do a group buy from brasshound...lol !!!

peabody

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 As good as these uppers seem to be ( shoot ), what do you think adding a Hogue free float handguard would do?

Shayne

sure wouldn't hurt anything.

why not ?

model 1 handguards are 35 bucks.

I have been looking for an AR in this configuration ( 16 in barrel and no sight post) for an on duty rifle (police). Kinda short on money and am really tempted on this. Accuracy is important, but I am more worried about reliability. I know these are new and you guys haven't been able to pump alot of rounds through these, but how do you think they will hold up. Sounds like there havent been alot of problems but I am curious. Pretty new to the AR thing (since I got this job about a year and a half ago), but you guys take them pretty serious so I have more than a little faith in your opinion.

CCombs: I know about money being tight, but not sure I'd trust my life to one of these without testing it myself first. I have only heard good things about them, but still at that prices there are bound to be a couple that get out and aren't perfect. If someone with 5 uppers/ARs gets a cheapy and it has some problems I would guess he figures it is a get what you pay for situation, and just replaces what didn't work.

You can put together something like your describing for not much more from one of the vendors here. Talk to Guido with New Frontier Armory. They are new, but unless you realy test one of these yourself I'd call you a little crazy for carrying one as a LEO.

Good Luck, and be safe.

Back