New commercial E-Caller ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Spanker:
I have a question, earlier you stated that the loudmouth will be powered by 4 AA batts and I believe this = 6 volts, My question is why not make it a 9 volt and just use those little 9 volt batts they are much easier to deal with and I think cheaper to replace????

Howler: Our caller will take 4-C-cell batt.
You could use 4-AA batt with a different batt. holder. 1-9 volt batt. will not surfice for me I want the longevity of the bigger batt.
One little 9-volt batt in my opinion will not work to my standards.
Spanker

PS, could you then use a 6 volt lantern battery for your application, and how about rechargeables, I may have missed your reply about these, sorry if this is a repeat ?

I worry about cold when setting the unit in snow or on ice for a calling set up, or night time use when cold, I talking temps of 0 to 5 to 10 below, thanks

Thomas: We do have a recharable upgrade.
Our caller has been tested to -40 and still worked
Commonsense goes a long way when it comes to useing the caller in the snow.
All callers are prone to problems in the to snow.
We are working on a boot to go on the botton of our caller also. Keep watching the predator masters forms.
Predator Spanker

Predator Spanker, when you called in the two cats in Lycoming Co. what kind of sound did they come in to ? Bird, rabbit or other. I'm planning on starting to hunt the Saterday after muzzleloader season ends. I'll be doing my hunting in Pike Co. I've run across a couple bobcats over the years so I'm gonna concentrate on where I've seen them before. I'll be watching the predator masters board for availability of your caller. Thanks !!!

Predator Spanker,
Congratulations on designing what appears to be the best combination of e-caller features yet. May you have no serious hitches in getting to production. I suspect it may cost more than I'm willing to pay, but I won't begrudge that if it does. Notice, I said willing, not able. My appreciation for new things applauds your advance and I'll watch here for the price when you set it.

PApikehunt:The sound I was using was baby cottontail. I made the tape.Post your email address or phone number and I will see if I have a spare one for you. The second one I called with a woodpecker sound I recorded.

Spanker

Okanagan: It's kind of funny. Guys will spend $750.00 for a gun, another 3-400 for a scope.
They will take time away from family and job, and still gripe about the cost of a caller!
What is your time worth, how many hours do you spend in pursuit of predators and other animals.
A caller is a tool for the hunter.
My time is valuable to me! Every minute I'm hunting I'm away from my family and work. I don't want my time wasted. I will not go hunting with a rifle that is not sited in nor will I hunt with a caller that is better than nothing caller to save money. Sorry thats as nice as I can be about that subject. My daytime red fox kills went up 30% with the use of a moveing decoy,another 20% with remote control.If my math is correct, thats 50%.
If a fox is worth $15 and I miss out on 10 one week 5 another, well you know what I'm getting at.
Don't take this the wrong way, but one heck of alot of guys are willing to spend the money for a quality caller. And I never had one gripe when I told them the aprox. price.

Predator Spanker

SteveH: Our caller will cost in the area of $345.00, With the sound cards in the $50 range.
The remote will cost somewhere in the $190 range.
Since everyone seems to want to compair our caller to the Foxpro caller, check out their product with it's features and check out our with our features.
Predator Spanker

Predator Spanker, Thanks for the offer on the rabbit tape. I don't like to post my phone on the net but my e-mail is nlburkey@comcast.net. I have a bunny tape I was figureing on useing along with some air type calls. I'm also a turkey hunter and I have a woodpecker call that I use once in awhile. I'll watch for your caller to become available. Thanks !!!

Ok, Let's do the math! $345.00 for the caller, $190.00 for the remote, and $50.00 for one sound card. Thats $585.00! Thats a lot of cash!
Now, I think Im probably like most guys when it comes to predator hunting. Im not just a predator hunter! I dont do it all the time, and when I am out doing it and not having a lot of success I dont consider it a waste of time! I enjoy being out there!
Around here in Indiana Im lucky to get three or four coyotes a year and at an average of about $10.00 a pelt It would take 58 yotes to pay for this unit over a spand of about 15 years.
Now, I'll just come out and say it! There is no way you can have that much wraped up in one of those things, and I dont just mean that about your caller, I think the fox pro is way over priced too.
It seems to me that if you could price this thing around $350.00 you would not be able to make them fast enough and still make a killing yourself. Everyone who uses an e-caller would throw there old one aside and get yours.
Bottom line is, there are a lot of us part timers out there that just cant spend that kind of cash just to pick up a couple more yotes a year.
This is a sport, we do it for fun, we dont want to go broke in the process.
Bake.

Predator
Spanker

Acually $600.00 doesn't seem to bad... If you stop and look at the price of rifles nowadays. I'll order one the minute they hit the market I hope it's Febuary.

Steve L

Predator Spanker,

Thanks for the speedy response with some numbers. Now will the calds only hold 8 sounds? I'm assuming the caller comes with a card then each additional will be around $50??? Is this correct?? Thanks

Bake: I appriciate your opinion.
Let me explain a few things to you. It cost me $44,000 U.S dollars to build the molds for our caller alone.The electronics,the engineering of the housing and keypad design cost a fortune.
Evidently your not seeing the big picture just the bottom line. I made our caller where you can pop out a predator calling card and pop in a crow calling card,pop that one out and use a deer calling card etc. The guy who has a library of sounds,can record them on our blank sound cards.
Our caller can be upgraded to remote control. You don't have to start with it.Their is a plug in for a decoy additional speaker and a additional power pack. If thats not worth the price, than what is.
Let me tell you one other thing. I could have had my molds made over seas for $6500.00! like most other game call companies do, and for that matter had the caller made over seas. Instead I waited and saved for almost 3 years to keep it in the U.S.
Point I am trying to make to you is this, if money was my only motivating factor than I would be over in China like the big call companies.
For a guy who is only going to use caller for predators and only has a few coyotes in his area maybe a mouth call or home made caller is the ticket.To this day I use a 12 gage H&R single shot shotgun for night hunting. You CAN make due!
For someone like me where hunting is a way of life and I spend hundreds of hours afield a better caller was in order.
If I told you how many fox,coon, I killed this year so far you wouldn't believe me.
I ditten't name myself Predator Spanker.
My fur check makes a difference in my overall income. For 3 coyotes a year I can't say I would invest in a $350.00 caller either,but that doesn't make the caller priced to high.
Then again, maybe a better caller would help with those numbers.
Respectfully
Predator Spanker

Steve H : Our caller does come with one sound card
Additional cards are around $50.00.
Compare that to 8 cassette tapes from JS or the upgrade from 8-16 from FP. You will see the cost if more than fair.
Spanker

Thank you for your quick responses! I know you'll let us know when they're ready to go. If you have a list of buyers please put me on it. I won't say for sure I'll buy one. As for anything it will depend on the final price. But I can certainly say there's a better chance I will than won't. Any idea what the soonest ship date may be? My season will probably end by late Feb or so. See you around the forum.

steve
sstevehaack@aol.com

Predator Spanker,
Just curious about the sounds. Are you recording them your self? Any howls? What kind of howls? Group, Lone, Challenge, or just prey sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back