Fur Mo-Van is Killing a Few ........ ...... PICS

Originally Posted By: CatskinnerYeah explain your first comment

Catskinner, do you live under a bridge? 'Cause you're sure seem to be one mean ol' troll!

That weren't a comment on your looks neither.

Dan, keep whacking and staking them as long as it's legal! Sounds like you're a reasonable guy no matter what anyone is saying about all the nonsense.

Loving the stories, pictures, and insights! My only complaint is I have a week and a half or so till my college lets out and I am free to go do some coyote hunting of my own, and your post jrst make me more and more anxious to be out there hunting!!!

Originally Posted By: PattersonYellowhammer and others, would you really look the other way if you knew someone was breaking a law in your own state and in areas you frequent? That speaks volumes on a persons character... Everyone should know the laws in the state they are hunting. Wanting to be ingnorant is not an excuse.
Need to disregard/change this law because it is so poorly written that nearly everyone in Kansas becomes a game law violator upon killing a coyote. A coyote carcass is publicly displayed as soon as the coyote is killed on public lands or can be seen from a public right of way. The only provisions where display is allowed is at fur markets and for educational and training purposes. Need more provisions in the law to allow display so everyone is not a criminal.

32-1007. Coyote carcasses.
(a) It is unlawful for any person to publicly display the carcass of a coyote.
(b) For the purpose of this section "carcass" means the body of the coyote, either as a part or as a
whole, and either with the skin intact or removed. The skin of the coyote, when removed from the
animal, shall not be considered a part of the coyote.
(c) The provisions of subsection (a) do not apply to the display of the carcass of a coyote at a fur
market or the use of the carcass of a coyote for educational or training purposes.
History: L. 1979, ch. 117, sec. 1; L. 1989, ch. 118, sec. 118; July l.

I can't believe the criticism of my state comming from people that are from some of the most liberal flippin states in the union. We still have old fashion coyote drives where whole towns and comunities suround a section and walk it to the middle. At the end of the day they'll cover 15 miles and kill 150 coyotes! Does that sound like a state that hates hunters and worries about that poor little coyote??? The law was enacted mostly to save us from ourselves, there were some very gorey sights. And from some of the larger cities grumbling about how brutal it was to chase and kill coyotes with dogs. We didn't want our women children and sissy boys to decide our fate for us.

Dan, I'm really enjoying your hunt! Keep the posts comming.

Originally Posted By: gonzaga Zip it man, jealous because he's in your neck of the woods killing "your" coyotes.....pffft.
If I need to explain......let me know.....

I'm not sure if this "jealous" comment was meant for me, or someone else.
confused.gif

If It was for me, then, yes, please explain.
If it was meant for someone else, please forget I made this post.
grin.gif

wished I coulda got that many when I was in kansas a few weeks ago saw five the afternoon we got there just driving around! missed ya by a few days and didn't have internet anyway. I did get one which was my first female/afternoon/in another state yote and saw my first badger. I loved kansas, just hope you guys get some rain before theres nothing left to hunt.

Didn't kill a dog today... dag-nab-it. Between the full moon and the truck driving deer hunters running the roads... it's getting tougher each day. I started to take out my frustrations on the Pdogs... but got sidetracked with wrapping my CZ and chair.... and a nap... of course.

I did find another good spot this evening, but no takers... only got howled at as I was ending the set... they may have seen me setting up...kinda open in that area... with some dunes... that I'm sure they were sitting on laughing at me.

Anyone got any secrets for hunting them in the daytime after a night of full moon...?

Before...

GEDC1550.jpg

After...

I got this pattern from a Leopard Lot Lizard. They always wear this rattlesnake/leopard stuff.

GEDC1553.jpg

Not really... It came from a tractor supply place in Great Bend, Ks... it's used for wrapping animals ankles...this is the closet to a camo pattern. 4 in a pk, for 8.00... and one will do a rifle and scope.

GEDC1552.jpg

Used another roll on my chair.

GEDC1554.jpg

I must admit it...I'm not far from wanting to go home and see my Lady in the Yard Lizard...LOL.

Dan, might want to check your zero after wrapping the stock to the barrel like that. I've seen POI change several inches after guys have done that. Also seen em not change at all. Just something you might wanna check.

Hope ya find some coyotes tomorrow.

Catskinner, or whatever your name is: I was referring to Patterson running his gums, aka as being windy. Let the game wardens do there job, or call them and be a rat. Either, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT anyone is losing sleep over coyotes.

No Canis, the comment was not reserved for you. You are a stand up guy.

Originally Posted By: gonzaga No Canis, the comment was not reserved for you. You are a stand up guy.

Okie dokie.
I just thought I'd check, as I know I sometimes do offend some people.
wink.gif

(And thank you, for thinking I'm a good fella!)
grin.gif

I made 4 sets this morning...but no show from coyotes... so I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting and picking the brain of a Government Trapper/Hunter... a coyote killing machine. I soaked up a bunch of stuff...now I just have to put it all into practice.

Taking a break tomorrow...but will be back after it on monday, back down in Ok... since their deer season ends tomorrow. Then on wednesday, I'm suppose to meet a friend in West Central Oklahoma for more coyotes until Sunday... then I'll start my way back home...that should make it 5 weeks on the road... WOW. It doesn't seem that long. I guess time flies when your having fun.

I'm going to see if I can go by a custom rifle builder's place tomorrow, and talk to him about a custom rifle setup that this government hunter told me about.

He shoots a 22-250 Shilen barrel on a Remington 700 action, with a jewel trigger, set at 4-6 ozs. He said he never closes the bolt on it until he's ready to fire...it's more like his safety than the safety itself. He shoots 80 A-Maxs bullets about 3340 fps... and has range cards out to 1000 yds... and... he has 10 sets of cards. One for 0 degree temp... then one for 10 degree temp... and so on up to 90 degrees temp. WOW... what interesting stuff. I never thought about 10 degrees of temp making so much differance.

It's great to learn new and interesting stuff from people in the field, as well as PM Members. When education turns into field experience...then you got a winning combination.

I wouldn't be where I'm at now if it wasn't for PM members.

Thanks Guys...

Originally Posted By: dan brothers
He shoots a 22-250 Shilen barrel on a Remington 700 action, with a jewel trigger, set at 4-6 ozs. He said he never closes the bolt on it until he's ready to fire...it's more like his safety than the safety itself. He shoots 80 A-Maxs bullets about 3340 fps... and has range cards out to 1000 yds... and... he has 10 sets of cards. One for 0 degree temp... then one for 10 degree temp... and so on up to 90 degrees temp.

lol.gif
lol.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesDan, might want to check your zero after wrapping the stock to the barrel like that. I've seen POI change several inches after guys have done that. Also seen em not change at all. Just something you might wanna check.

Yep

More than a little jealous here, sound like a great trip. One day when the kids are grown maybe I will be able to hit the road and enjoy myself like you are doing. Keep up the good work and shoot straight.

LWILLIAMS

Next year... it's the dakotas/montana all the way. I'm in western ok for this week... then I'll call it Uncle.
I was planning on heading up there in mid october...but deer hunting and log cabin jobs got in my way this time...I'll do better next year...Lord willing... that is.

But I could always fly up there anytime after christmas... if someone was up there already and needing a friend... which are hard to come by... everyone thinks I'm going to steal their honey hole... which is NOT the case at all... just needing someone to hunt with in new areas... and it can be in new spots... not in their honey holes.

If ANYONE wants to hook up...let me know. thanks...dan

Back