Fur Mo-Van is Killing a Few ........ ...... PICS

Its actually illegal to transport coyotes in plan sight of the public in KS. Also illegal to display the carcass of a coyote. That officer should have wrote you a ticket if he knew anything about game regs. Im all for you being here and hunting the public lands. Just kinda lame that you come here and have no respect for the laws or the communities while "getting a kick out of it" that the locals and law enforcement get worked up...when really you should have got a ticket.

Congrats on shooting some coyotes, have a safe trip home. Thank you for the updates and pics.

Originally Posted By: PattersonIts actually illegal to transport coyotes in plan sight of the public in KS. Also illegal to display the carcass of a coyote. That officer should have wrote you a ticket if he knew anything about game regs. Im all for you being here and hunting the public lands. Just kinda lame that you come here and have no respect for the laws or the communities while "getting a kick out of it" that the locals and law enforcement get worked up...when really you should have got a ticket.

Congrats on shooting some coyotes, have a safe trip home. Thank you for the updates and pics.
Can you provide the statute reference for these laws? If they exist, laws like that do nothing to protect the resource so nothing is accomplished to enforce them. Appears to be good descretion by Kansas officers.

Originally Posted By: PattersonIts actually illegal to transport coyotes in plan sight of the public in KS. Also illegal to display the carcass of a coyote. That officer should have wrote you a ticket if he knew anything about game regs. Im all for you being here and hunting the public lands. Just kinda lame that you come here and have no respect for the laws or the communities while "getting a kick out of it" that the locals and law enforcement get worked up...when really you should have got a ticket.

Really??? Wow!!!

http://www.kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/conten...ations%2012.pdf

-Page 33 of the hunting and furbearers regulations guide

and...

32-1007. Coyote carcasses. (a) It is unlawful for any person to publicly display the carcass of a
coyote.
(b) For the purpose of this section "carcass" means the body of the coyote, either as a part or as a
whole, and either with the skin intact or removed. The skin of the coyote, when removed from the
animal, shall not be considered a part of the coyote.
(c) The provisions of subsection (a) do not apply to the display of the carcass of a coyote at a fur
market or the use of the carcass of a coyote for educational or training purposes.
History: L. 1979, ch. 117, sec. 1; L. 1989, ch. 118, sec. 118; July l.

Cant say I dont agree with the laws, they were probly adopted because people cant show respect for the animal they hunt (like driving around town with it hanging off their van) I am also guessing this has nothing to do with protecting the resource. Common sense pretty much says its from disrespectful acts to the animal in public view.

Thanks Patterson for providing the reference to the statute. It is sad there has to be a law against publicly displaying a dead coyote in KS. I think if more people liked to hunt, this law would not have happened. Hunters are the minority and we need to get more people involved in the sport or hunting will decline and so will our resources. When hunters set a bad example of our sport, the nonhunters get laws like this passed and we all lose.

Driving around town with dead coyotes hanging is cool. The anti's already hate us. Quit trying to play to there wants. It doesn't work. Same with the anti gun people. You got to take them head on. You hunt it, you kill it, you haul it how you please. You don't have to haul yours like that, but he can haul his how he wants. This is absurd

To say distasteful or you don't condone it is fine. To be a prick and say you think the man shouldve go a ticket is just ridiculous. I've never seen an easier group of people to turn against one another. Just freaking pathetic.

Ive always known there was something wrong with Kansas being married to a girl from there. Pretty much her entire family is there and I was planning on hunting there in the coming weeks on her uncles land but I dont believe im gonna waste my time knowing that law is infact real. Its a joke if you ask me but thats my opinion. Keep up the good work Dan and you can drive through my town anyday displaying all the dead coyotes you want. I ensure you I dont have a problem with it.

Originally Posted By: CatskinnerDriving around town with dead coyotes hanging is cool. The anti's already hate us. Quit trying to play to there wants. It doesn't work. Same with the anti gun people. You got to take them head on. You hunt it, you kill it, you haul it how you please. You don't have to haul yours like that, but he can haul his how he wants. This is absurd

Don't believe I have ever called anybody on here an idiot. I'm fixing that right now.

You catskinner, are an idiot.

I just wonder how else your suppose to haul them when hunting from a van or car or flatbed truck? Dont skip on the kansa hunt cat hunter we've killed several coyotes there. I bet your hard pressed to find a law enforcement officer that is that anal about it.

Originally Posted By: cawilson82I just wonder how else your suppose to haul them when hunting from a van or car or flatbed truck? Dont skip on the kansa hunt cat hunter we've killed several coyotes there. I bet your hard pressed to find a law enforcement officer that is that anal about it.

That was exactly my point to my brother. If im driving a flatbed am I suppose to haul a tote around with me or shove them in trash bags before taking them anywhere? I wonder if there is a law like this about deer.

Last edited:
I assure you... I was not being distasteful or intentionally showing disrepect for the animals. I was proud of them and showing them off. I had many locals get excited about seeing them, while at the same time, telling me where to get more. Of the hundreds of people who saw them... it was only those saturday night crusing kids who said anything about them. Many kids told me to get the coyotes behind their houses and ranches... but these few bored kids made the problem... and it's respect for these bored kids opinion that I stopped hanging them up, if I went anywhere near the public. I thought I was doing a good thing... not a bad thing... I appoligized to the officer... and I APPOLIGIZE to you PM members who find me distastful.

On the lighter side. I went through Dodge City today, and found it to be different than it used to be. I went to the corner of Wyatt Eyrp Blvd and Bill Hickcock St at HIGH NOON and couldn't even get into a good gunfight.

Well... I'm parked again for the night in the middle of a PDog town... the coyotes were barking and howling at me with this light on in the van while I type this post. I think I gave them a thrill... hopfully I can return the thrill in the morning... with some furry pictures for tomorrow night.

Guess I turn in... the sand-man just arrived.

thanks for your support Guys... it means alot to me.

Dan

Hey if I would of seen the van around town or around one of the small towns I'd snapped a pic standing by it. Dan by the way if you in Wichita the Gander Mountain here locally has the Primos stray cat decoy in stock. I was gonna pick one up but someone took my ground blind that I now have to replace.

Dan keep whackin and stackin them!

Originally Posted By: cathntr I wonder if there is a law like this about deer.
Good Point! It appears the law only applies to displaying dead coyotes in public, not other wildlife. Are there some Kansas hunters on here that can clarify this and provide some insight on anything being done to repeal this law?

Back