Fur Mo-Van is Killing a Few ........ ...... PICS

I read a little about this law and how it came to be back in high school. Seems as though some successful coyote hunters drove through a couple of towns on there way back home with the dead coyotes hanging off the side of their pickups. As I recall the story, one of the coyotes hanging by its hind legs tied together was not dead and was swinging around snapping at the coyote carcasses next to it and its own legs trying to get loose. Apparently this occurred at a time of day when a lot of people saw it and sparked a public outrage which in turn lead to the law as we now have it. One screw up can cost everyone.

Dan, very interesting thread.

I think many of us would appreciate it if others didn't hijack your hunting thread to turn it into an ethical argument about anti-hunters, respecting the animal and so on.

They can go start their own to do that. Looking forward to reading the rest of the story and seeing some more pictures.

Doggin coyotes, so I'm an idiot because I don't think you should throw your dead coyotes n the trunk, but I like the fact that he hung them on his van. Well meathead, I bet there are a lot of idiots on here then. And that means your calling Dan an idiot because he actually did it, but I think it's cool. Back it up with facts ol man.

If people don't want to see dead animals during hunting season, SO WHAT!We pay the cost to be the boss and shouldn't have to cow down to anyone. If it offends them tough, they can put on their big girl or boy panties and turn their heads. It's all apart of life.I don't like seeing gays and weirdos everywhere either but I don't call the cops or try to pass a law about it. Hunting should be no different. People forgot how to mind there own business and it's a shame.

Im only going to comment to say Kansas is as red of a state as there is in the Union. Those folks are as anti coyote, kill em all as you get. This law does not reflect the opinion of the people in that state.

We should all show a little restraint when dealing with the public. Its not to appease the anti's. They hate us not matter what. Its the Susie homemaker that is not a fan of hunting but dont really have a problem with it either. Do you think she wants to see a bloody coyote hanging out in plain site? It may be our right but it also may not be the best decision.

Originally Posted By: PattersonIts actually illegal to transport coyotes in plan sight of the public in KS. Also illegal to display the carcass of a coyote. That officer should have wrote you a ticket if he knew anything about game regs. Im all for you being here and hunting the public lands. Just kinda lame that you come here and have no respect for the laws or the communities while "getting a kick out of it" that the locals and law enforcement get worked up...when really you should have got a ticket.

Congrats on shooting some coyotes, have a safe trip home. Thank you for the updates and pics.

Apparently I was a day late and a dollar short on this one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: btech29Im only going to comment to say Kansas is as red of a state as there is in the Union. Those folks are as anti coyote, kill em all as you get. This law does not reflect the opinion of the people in that state.

We should all show a little restraint when dealing with the public. Its not to appease the anti's. They hate us not matter what. Its the Susie homemaker that is not a fan of hunting but dont really have a problem with it either. Do you think she wants to see a bloody coyote hanging out in plain site? It may be our right but it also may not be the best decision.

Agreed ^^^^ pretty simple

Can people really not tell the difference between the anti hunting groups of people and the general public. Thinking that every non hunter is an anti hunter is not only extremely false but also means you should maybe get out from behind the keyboard more and actually interact with people. I hate dealing with people but I talk to enough farmers, ranchers, and people in small communities to know that some wouldnt appreciate stuff like that. 99 percent of people here in this great state like them gone and support coyote hunting. But, not everyone is going to want to see them hanging all over in general public view. There are those that are for hunting and those that are against it but there are MANY more in between the two groups. Losing respect of the people in between the two groups because you want to be distasteful isnt worth it.

Yellowhammer and others, would you really look the other way if you knew someone was breaking a law in your own state and in areas you frequent? That speaks volumes on a persons character... Everyone should know the laws in the state they are hunting. Wanting to be ingnorant is not an excuse.

Dan, I should have just PM'ed you about it. Sorry to highjack your thread. Keep up the good work, congrats on killing some coyotes. Road trips like that are the best! Be safe

Last edited:
Quote:Yellowhammer and others, would you really look the other way if you knew someone was breaking a law in your own state and in areas you frequent? That speaks volumes on a persons character... Everyone should know the laws in the state they are hunting. Wanting to be ingnorant is not an excuse.

I have no problem with letting him know. But I don't like that the majority of the posts on this topic have now turned to a name calling debate on the rights or wrongs of how you haul your coyotes which is a highjack of the original topic.

may have hijacked the threasd, BUT at the same time brought light to a fact of a LAW that was being broken. Why not shed light on the fact, because obviously, many people weren't aware of the LAW.

All you whiners about this stupid law, that even the cops don't write a ticket for need to quit. Show us 1 person convicted of this asinine law. And also all you guys worried about him breaking laws, go right now to the cops and demand they right you a ticket for the last time you drove, because I'm sure you went over the speed limit. You are so hung up on this guy breaking some stupid law that people in Kansas didn't know existed. Now show your integrity and demand that you get a ticket for knowing and willfully speeding. Then maybe your concern over his law breaking, will carry some weight of true concern. Sounds more like do as I say not as I do mentality.

Dan inadvertantly exposed a bad law that should be changed. It is inconsistant to have a law that only prohibits displaying a dead coyote in public, but not other wildlife. It would seem that hunters, LEO's, and judges would all be in favor of repealing it.

If the law was created because a hunter drove through town displaying a live coyote hanging upside down from a vehicle, the laws that restrict the possession of live wildlife should have addressed that act. It appears public outrage created a bad law that only applied to displaying a dead coyote in public. I think the Kansas state wildlife Dept. should repeal this law. In the meantime, I do not believe the law should be enforced.

In WI it used to be that when you killed a deer and had it in a vehicle you had to have it clearly visable. It was so you knew if it was tagged legally. It think its still that way. Coyotes don't matter.

Hi Dan. Glad to see you are having a fun trip! It is the next best thing to being there when you make your post for us guy's back home to see/read. Thanks for all your post, and keep them coming.

P.S. Don't know from experience but I've heard if you get tangled up with one of those Lot Lizards you had better have on a full body condom!
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

You're living the dream, Dan!

Hope you hang more Coyotes off the side of your van to piss off all the little cry babies on here.

Here is a picture of a Great Old Historical Town... but now it's too bad you can't even get into a good old gunfight... you have to join a forum for that...LOL.

GEDC1544.jpg

These windturbines don't stop moving very often out here, but when they are still... like today... it's time to Get-to-Calling.

GEDC1541.jpg

I was hoping to shoot a furred up coyote today... but only got this one Ball Headed Pecker Wood. This was a mercy killing for him... it hurt me just to look at him.

He heard that new speaker along ways off... and he came a-running right up to it. There were three more way up on the hill, but the truck driving deer hunters got them spooked.

It's a wonderful feeling when you glass a area and spot a dog running right at you... it's better than you know what.

GEDC1545-1.jpg

GEDC1546.jpg

GEDC1548.jpg

GEDC1547.jpg

All that other stuff is all good Guys... I didn't do anything more than what I've seen on other trucks... I just didn't have a special rack.

I keep learning one thing about hunting these dogs... and that is.... you GOT to hunt near cattle... and cut crop fields. When you find those two things close-by... then so will the coyotes be. It's getting to be that if I don't see cattle within a mile of my calling spot... I ain't calling.
Not saying that aren't everywhere, but they just hang out closer to the cattle.

I like to park for the night at a spot that allows me to walk into a calling spot first thing in the morning, without having to start up the van or even drive into it.

I'm liking this CZ 204 so much that the other rifles are crying for attention... it sure is a QUALITY BUILT rifle. I'm thinking about putting some wrap on it for protection. I should have some pictures tomorrow night...hopefully of somemore dogs as well. One a day is okay... but 3-5 is better. Got-to-get-to-Calling....LOL.

I was kind of wanting one of those stray cat decoys... and then I found one in a sporting goods store at Russel, Ks... but I just couldn't get that hundred bucks out of my pocket. I may regret that.

Well know I know why it's so windy in Kansas......cuz patter$on blow$!!!!
Maybe the duck hunters will take offense to your avatar.....ugh.
Zip it man, jealous because he's in your neck of the woods killing "your" coyotes.....pffft.

Lay the hammer down Dan, no DUMB RULES over here buddy. You are welcome anytime....

If I need to explain my first comment let me know.....

Back