Fur Mo-Van is Killing a Few ........ ...... PICS

The Camera is what some guy named neK turned me onto. It's a Fuji FinePix S1000... which is a great camera. The picture of the 3 dogs on the van were taken with it, and the other 4 pictures below it were taken with my little compact GE A735. A sun flare got that one picture...bad angle on my part.
You can see that there is a big differance in picture quality...it's the color, I think. Anyways... I need to start carring the Fuji into the field instead of the GE.

The Honda is tired of being restrained in the van, and is itching to be unleashed. So far the places I've hunted are easy enough to get around in the van... but there is one beautiful place that I think I'll use the Honda by riding and calling down a dry river bed. It goes for miles and just has to be full of dogs. We'll see what happens next week. It could be my little secret weapon for getting into some of those unreached places.

ImpactZone... I forgot to answer you question about the van sign.... well.... when your all alone in unknown country... you gotta do what you gotta do... and so far it has proved very helpful this year as well as last year. Most of my hunting spots have come from that sign in one form or another.

I think of it as being..."Ask, Seek, Knock, and You Shall Find.

Do you think having it tattooed across my forehead would be too much...?

Here are a few pics with my GOOD Camera.

I couldn't get a good focus on it out my front window, but this roadrunner thought I was in it's way while having my lunch as it checked out the gas rig for bugs and lizards... because when I lipped squeaked him up to my side door window... he looked up at me and said...Beep Beep.

DSCF3041.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3049.jpg

DSCF3055.jpg

This is the big male I took with my Tikka 595 22-250, 45 gr Winchester...white box ammo. Haven't loaded for it yet... gotta get rid of a bunch of my factory loads first....need more targets I guess.

DSCF3074-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dan, I'm sure you are having a great time. Lot's of us guys would love to be with you. Thanks for posting the stories and pics.

P.S. Haven't run into any of those "Lot lizards" yet have you?
lol.gif

Keep us posted!

Not sure if I've seen a lot lizard or not... maybe that is what the roadrunner was looking for... send me a picture of one, so that I'll know what to look for... are they kind of like a Zombie Rat...?

Had a Great Thanksgiving Dinner here in Perryton with a PM member Hunter Rigdon and his family. Then we went out calling friday morning a little bit, and I ran a 204 through a 30 lb male bobcat at 15 yds... biggest one ever for me. The pelt was Beautiful in every way, with lots of spots.

Then we and another pm member, Lee Orr from Amarillo, TX went out night hunting last night...which was the first night hunting experience for me... as well as using a suppressor rifle setup... and he shot a female bobcat that was 8 oz's bigger than mine. He took them both back to Amarillo to have them skinned and stored with a taxidermist until I decide what to do with mine.

Another guy shot a coyote, but I didn't... calling was tough last night... but I was so happy with my bobcat that I didn't need to shoot anythingelse anyways. That night time calling was Great Fun... an experience to always remember.

Here it is Saturday morning at Wifi-McDonalds again... trying to decide which direction to go next...back up into Ks I guess... there are always critters to chase in Ks.

I learned alot about the oil field business while being here... you guys with some muscle and stamina can make a for sure 100-200 K per year in this business... and they can't even fill all the slots that are open for new help... made me wish I was a little younger.

My Bobcat... the hole in and out was only a pencil on both sides... maybe a dime on the exit side, with the 40gr vmax 20
GEDC1531.jpg

GEDC1529.jpg

It was called out of this old house, and stopped for the shot right between that open gate area... must of caught it taking a cat-nap in there.

GEDC1525.jpg

GEDC1530.jpg

GEDC1532.jpg

Here are a couple of PM coyote/bobcat killers... Hunter Rigdon, and Lee Orr.

GEDC1533.jpg

GEDC1535.jpg

GEDC1536.jpg

Lot Lizard: n. (lott-liz-zurd): trashy, street-level, female prostitutes who frequent some truck-stop parking lots and rest areas at night. Most lot lizards openly "advertise" using CB radios; others boldly walk from truck to truck randomly knocking on doors. Same as: commercial company; lizard; pavement princess; sleeper leaper; mattress maiden;
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

Awesome road trip though. Keep it up!

Originally Posted By: Lyons001Lot Lizard: n. (lott-liz-zurd): trashy, street-level, female prostitutes who frequent some truck-stop parking lots and rest areas at night. Most lot lizards openly "advertise" using CB radios; others boldly walk from truck to truck randomly knocking on doors. Same as: commercial company; lizard; pavement princess; sleeper leaper; mattress maiden;
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

Awesome road trip though. Keep it up! Not to be confused with a good buddy! Which neither are good news!

Been sitting here all day at McDonalds in Garden City, Ks... cutting, drilling, and soldering external speaker jack and toggle switch to my Flextone Echo caller... looks like it will scream out there on those windy days now. I even got the radio shack amplifier that really helps the external speaker alot. That is a fix that is well worth doing.

That bobcat I shot the other day was the killer of the farm ladie's 11 cats from her yard.... she was happy he was dead.

Guess I'll grab a cup of coffee and the map... and find a coyote direction for in the morning...gotta try out my new speaker setup... wish I had one of those primos stray cat decoys to try out... it looks like a winner.

See you Boys on the flip side.

Dan

heading towards Cawker City, Ks... they surely have some coyotes up there.

Haven't used the bike yet. I had originally bought the bike for coyote hunting up in the Dakota's area... thinking about all that Big Land... too much for walking... but I didn't make it up there... got spooked about the tough weather... I should have went anyways. I did find a good river botton to use the bike in Ks, but it's just too easy to drive around and hit good looking spots with the van. I'll use it somewhere... I had better, that is.

Lot Lizards... can I hang them on my van and drive them through town...?

Probably Bigger the town... Bigger the Lizards... or at least more of them.

I hear some of them have more diseases than PDogs.

Guess I won't be touching any of them.

Dan nice to chat with you on the phone yesterday, Hope I was able to answer your questions on adding the external speaker.. Great pictures of your Bobcat, Keep us poseted on how the new speaker system works out for you

Got it all fixed up Fred... I was looking for a little help... glad you were there for the assist... I owe you one.

I put the toggle switch on if for cutting off the rear speaker... and installed the female audio jack for the external speaker. I tried the extra amp, and the speaker together... and the speaker is louder for sure, and it sounds pretty good even when the amp is turned all the way up... I guess I'll use it on real windy days.

thanks again for your help.

Hey Dan,

It was nice spending the holiday together and calling a few critters. Wish they would have responded to the call better. Here is a photo of you and your cat from the field.

photo2-1.jpg

Thanks Hunter for uploading that picture... wish I was there shooting somemore.

I've been running around with No-Off-Season member for the last couple of days chasing ducks and pheasants.... now I'm heading back towards coyote country, were I'll chase them a few more days. Deer season just opened here today, which throws a small monkey wrench into my plans... but they gotta hunt as well. I have some area that I'll be out of their way.

Back