Coyote hunting in Maine...

Originally Posted By: CutleryotehunterMainer here to washington county. Shoot a few coyotes here and there with my foxpro fx3. I use a Bushmaster predator rifle and a Bushy M4 with Eotech. Hey Mongo are you also on Maine Hunting Forums?

Gott-a be the same MONGO is there another weve all migrated here...YEAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

How ya''ll from MHF liking this snow fall so far this storm... I am on cloud-9.... Cant wait to get the ol'german camo and .308 out and do some coyote killing this winter... we gonna have some fun or not ? GOOD LUCK OUT THERE !!!!

I am here in St Albans. Central maine.Near newport. none yet this fall but I have only made 5 sets. Going to work a water tower in NH for a week and will hit them hard when I return.
Jay

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Redfox AdventuresGlad to see that there are a bunch of you from Maine. The deer heard needs the help.

I second that!

I have a score to settle with a couple of them theiving critters. They have cost me a couple nice pieces of fur this year. So there gona take there place in fur shed. Ive been trying to get them with the steel. Think i educated every yote around. Gona give em a shot on my bait sites in morning when i tend traps. I live in Gouldsboro east of ellsworth. Got a partner ready to do the shooting while i call.

Brought back from the dead since it's getting cool and we've got a pile of coyotes that need to be hunted
thumbup1.gif

From around Bangor spanked one down the road set up in a field and one in northern Piscatiquis last winter. When the ice fishin is slow will set up in the trees and see what happens

From Southern coastal Maine.
Hunt cats and coyotes here and in Somerset County.

Looking for places to bait for night hunting this winter.

Bangor/brewer here. Hunted out rt 9 near chick hill this morning, single digits and no coyotes. Found some big boy tracks though, I'll be finding that one. This is my first season, 10 stands or so, nothing yet.

spend most of my time in androscoggin and franklin counties but go elsewhere couple times a year. got 3 heated bait shacks out right now but movement seems slow right now, have 60 hours in last dog i got in oct. got to have patience, call some also, best year, last year got 15.

What cover and times are you guys having luck with? Just curious as I have some spots where I know there are coyotes, just trying to figure out new spots and what to look for. I am not interested in baiting, yet. Gonna try to get them to come to calls. And I am limited to prime time hours(before sunrise, after sunset) as I can't afford night vision and lights since I spent all my money on my semi-custom rifle.
frown.gif

I'm from Bar Harbor, but I mostly hunt around Ellsworth/Dedham area. I think I might start doin a little more hunting up around East Corinth this year though, i always see a pile of sign in there during deer season. Just took up predator hunting last year, managed to get a couple, still figuring it out though. Any of you guys have any luck hunting the powerlines? i can't get a yote to come out into a powerline to save my life. I mostly hunt in the daytime though.

Green!? heck if it was'nt for the all the camo and calls hangin off my neck you probably would'nt even recognize what I was doin as coyote huntin!

Back