Baiting

That left a mark!! Lol Where you zoomed in when video and shot were taken? Just comparing the image to my R35's image.

Last edited:
Now I can't remember if I was zoomed or not. The second video I actually had it focused better I think as the image was better overall. For as bad as it looked the skunk was still in one piece lol.

A coyote and I have been playing cat and mouse lately. He kept me in suspense for a while, showing up when I couldn't hunt, and not showing up when I could. Last night we finally met up.

He was a 33 pound male and with quite a lot of black on him. Currently he is in the freezer awaiting my son's taxidermy expertise for a full body mount. He appears to have been eating well by the size of his body.

In usual fashion, the 6mm Remington performed perfectly, dropping him where he stood at 60 yards. The 55 gr. Sierra Blitz King at 3720 fps made a tiny entry and no exit, as did the other two I shot with this load.

The scope is an ATN 4k Pro digital, 3-14x model. I used two different IR spotlights. I first lit him up with a 198 LED 940nm light. It has no glow at all that I can see and is what I deploy first to keep an eye on a coyote. Once I am prepared to shoot, I deploy a 198 LED 850nm light to give a better view for video. I could easily take him with the 940nm, but I like to light 'em up a bit before the shot.

51723417455_4d9a114118_b.jpg

51722542971_5866763223_b.jpg

51722793663_00a8a4537a_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Originally Posted By: SoftpointNice! Hole size?
Yes, caliber size in, no exit.

Missed that in your description. The small screen on the phone doesn't work well with old eyes.. lol

Simply amazing that much energy gets deposited without an exit wound.

Originally Posted By: SoftpointSimply amazing that much energy gets deposited without an exit wound.
That makes 3 for 3 with the 55 Blitz King and no exits, and none took a single step. They couldn’t hit the ground fast enough.

Congrats 6! Nice shot and a pretty yote.
Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.
There seems to be more elation with the ones that you have to "chase down", at least for me.

Coyote #20 hit the ground this morning.

243 launching 55gr Sierra BlitzKings @ 3,500 fps. Pulsar Trail 2 XQ50.
Impact was high and there is more damage than normal. Entrance/exit appear to be through the same large hole. I need to check zero as I'm shooting high. Missed a possum @ 160 and I could see the bullet splash high. "Luckily" he came back last night and I put an !x! on him (no possum video).

https://vimeo.com/653389201 Coyote #20

https://vimeo.com/653392682 Follow up to #20

Last edited:
Good work wildflights! Very slow here with only one on the ground, but cooling down again. Hopefully something will break loose. Plenty on trail cams, just not stopping by. Just started the first of two gun deer seasons here as well, so, plenty of gut piles to feed on the next 2-3 weeks. Patiently standing by...
Stay after em,
bait

Brother-in-law and I got out last night. Had a rare black yote show up and the BIL downed it.

TClVsIB.jpg

Here's the video from my Super Hogster. BIL was a little slow getting on it and actually lost sight of it for a bit before recovering and taking the shot at the last second. Took every thing I had to not pull the trigger prior to that but I wanted him to get it. He's going to have it mounted. You can see a possum in the background in the treeline.

Nice job, Wildflights. Have you shot other coyotes with the 243 and BK? If so what were the results?

Burn, that is a nice coyote. A black one is on my wish list.

Back