2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

Guys,

Bad news. I called and talked to an AEP person about some "No Hunting Zone" signs we found in a few places while we were on our scouting trip. Since some of the areas in the photos I posted did not have these signs I assumed we could hunt there. Wrong?? On the color AEP map any area marked as "restricted" is off limits. That includes most of the large open meadows. There are still several thousands of acres of woods and some open areas still available for hunting. This is all very confusing since the map is difficult to read and the signs are inconsistent?? Need to get back out there and do some more scouting!

Jim

In my post above, the fourth photo is the only one in one of those restricted areas. The AEP guy told me that they havn't been enforcing these restricted areas til just recently. Seems like they have recently stepped up enforcement and have arrested several people hunting in these areas. Some really great looking places to coyote hunt. Too bad they are restricted. Still some nice areas in there. It is over 57,000 acres! The parts I have scouted was mainly those open areas. I need to get back up there and look more closely at the wooded areas! Still has lots of potential!

Jim

ill be there for sure. im always there for the deer and turkey expo that weekend and if i remember right they said the predator expo is in the adjacent building this year. should make for a great weekend...

I just checked the predator expo web site and counted only 20 or so exhibitors. I sure hope there is more than that showing up. Rumor has it Bopeye will be there. I can't wait.

Anyword on the date and place yet,I'm getting itchy and deer season not even close to being over.
I'm in again this year but just a hunter nothing to do with planning someone else's turn this year. I need date and times and place???????
You guys need to get the plans going here soon.

who all was on the planning board last year then that might want to step up?. there was also some talk about it being at Ohio power, anything settled there for sure?
Mike

Let bring this one back to the top,Any word of details yet??????
I will start doing some research if you guys want me to ,Jan will be here before we know it>

Hunting tha AEP lands North of Beverley and South of Cumberland would be great. My only concern is the confusion about which areas are legal and which are not. Some areas are posted and not legal to hunt. Other areas are not posted and also not legal?? The map is also kind of confusing. I sure wouldn't want anyone to get fined!

Zaleski might be better til someone can figure out the strip mines!?!?

I will try to make it wherever you guys decide on!

Jim

Dang, I just found this thread, and Beverly and Zaleski are a couple of places I've been before!
grin.gif

If the dates are right you can count me in.
wink.gif

Rooster, I've spent enough money eating at Hoover's and Tatman's in Laurelville to buy a couple of nice rifles!

Last edited:
Frog i'm game for any place i would really let to find some flat ground to hunt rather than hills ,but if we have to go back o Zalaski i'm up for that als,Let try and set some dates,I will start doing some research on Ohio power grounds see what i can dig up.
Anybody else have any idea let get them rolling here.

Mike THANKS will have to keep this link if we decide to go there,I think i have that permit will have to look, got all of them when i live in Neslonville ohio power and sunday creek coal company will have to dig it up.
well any suggestion yet guys??

I'm Working it here,Waiting on a response maybe a good thing for us this year ,(Waiting)
Let say we get a list going here and see who all is interested this year.
Temp Date Jan 9th 10th 2010.
Location TBA

Guys just copy and paste your names if you plan on attending this year even if you fdo not know for sure but there is a chance,this way we can see how many are planning on coming.Last year we even got the Diner to open up early just for our group!!!!!!!!!!!.

1.)Caribou Dreamer
2.)Jeff D
3.)Josh P

Last edited:
Back