2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

As a new member of PM and from ohio I watched this forum with interest. Never daytimed called. I called a lot at night for grays. As the grays got fewer from the coyotes coming in I think it is time to switch to daytime hunting.reading the posts and learning from them with what i already know from night time hunting, i think i can ajust to daytime. sounds like you all had a good time. maybe next year i can make it to the ohio hunt. it really sounded fun and would enjoy meeting with all of you. plan to go the the expo in march so maybe will meet some of you all there.Thi is my first post ever hope i didnt do to bad. skywalker

Welcome to the board skywalker you did a fine job.
you should have come down, super bunch of guys
were are you located
Mike

I am thinking that next years hunt will for sure be in a different location in ohio,,,,maybe near the mighty
O..H..I..A.RIVER!!!!!..............X

Sky walker good post also and welcome aboard.....plans started for the 3rd annual hunt when i got home lol.....X

Originally Posted By: coyotexI am thinking that next years hunt will for sure be in a different location in ohio,,,,maybe near the mighty
O..H..I..A.RIVER!!!!!..............X

Sky walker good post also and welcome aboard.....plans started for the 3rd annual hunt when i got home lol.....X
do you have any place in mind yet coyotex??

welcome skywalker..where you from??

Nah not totally,,,i know there is a big section of the wayne that runs right near the ohio river,,,along with 3 other state grounds near it.

Plus I should be gettin in on that 300 acre private farm near Pomeroy...so that looks like a good place to start lookin............................X

Man it sounds like you all had a blast doing this. With any luck I may be able to meet up some of you guy's for hunts like this in the future.

Are any of you guy's part of a group that meets down at the AEP ReCreation lands for night hunting? I was down there last spring guiding a couple guy's for Gobblers and saw first hand some serious yote slayers. There was close to 20 vehicles from 4 different states and they pushed huge areas at night using dogs and shot quite a few dogs. I thought that was a pretty interesting strategy.

I have only hunted yote's at dusk and at dawn, never at night but would like to learn how to.

coyote drives do not interest me...typically big drunk fest where you will likely get shot...and not see any coyotes....

coyotex...OHIA River sounds great. Thats my kind of hunting. Just wish i could start producing some coyotes around here....

Originally Posted By: Smokin250coyote drives do not interest me...

especially at night!!
thumbdown.gif

Yeah 250,,I have seen alot of young yotes down along the river on highway 7,,,alot of road kills too...and plans on doing the next hunt on a teusday through thursday,,that way its not crowded w/hunters................X

Never figured out the drives at night thing. Dont know where your goin- where your headin, where the drivers are, where the standers are.

Any of you guys run into the hog drivers?

That would be a good idea...hunt during week. Might be tough for alot of guys to make it though. Shawnee forrest might be a good spot to try. I have heard there are some serious coyotes there. Never hunted it for coyotes though...

during the week might actually be easier for me since i work most weekends.
thumbdown.gif
..but i can always request time off now. i really hope to make it this time.

Last edited:
Back