2nd annual ohio hunt 2010

Quote:
ha ya your right. To be honest i had so much fun hanging out with my new buddies dirt and his guys. Seeing dustin call and learning new things was great....Not to mention my new howler...thanks dusty.

+1
had a great time just hanging out, would be up for doing it again for sure.

If you all decide to hunt the AEP Land, remember you need a free permit.

I hunted the land several times. I saw lots of sign but no coyotes. I believe the houndsmen hit it hard.

I was just up to the AEP area North of Beverly OH and noticed that a lot of that area was posted with No Hunting Zone signs??

Jim

Jim did you have a map of the area. there used to be a ton of places to hunt and fish and you could obtain the permit and a map from any of the local carry outs.
I haven't been up thee in 20 years or more so I am not sure how it works now.
Mike

Mike2,

Yes I do have the map and my permit for the AEP property and I think there is still lots of areas to hunt. When Al and I went up there last spring we hunted some really nice open areas North of Rural Dale Road that I really liked the looks of. There were large open fields and meadows surrounding many of the lakes. Not so much underbrush. When I went back up there a couple of weeks ago most of those areas had metal signs posted here and there that this was now a No Hunting Zone"??? I don't know if the signs just meant that the immediate area near the signs was off limits or that the whole area is now a no hunting zone? Maybe a call to ODNR would clear things up??

Jim

I think one thing we need to do a little differently this year is maybe get a little more info before we go. Last year we were kind of just dropped off into the middle of park and had NO idea where to go or what kind of terrain we were facing. I had a great time, BUT drove a long way to get there and not have a clue what to do. We made the best of situation and like i said had a BLAST, but this time i think it would be benifical for all if we can go over some maps on here maybe some more information for all so we don't go in blind this year.

Just my 2 cents guys...

Well guys its getting closer to that time every day.I am hoping we can make it a weekend event,if the far drivers wanna do that,some scouting and a evening hunt the first day(as many that wants to)and then a full day hunt the following.maybe even some range time.need some info on state ground near washington courthouse or lancaster...hope we have a great turn out....x

I would be MORE than willing to go out and do some scouting before we go, or the night before. My buddy goes to OU and has a cabin in nelsonville (where i stayed last time, so i can always take some time and go out if someone wants to meet up or something.

I am also willing to do some scouting or hunting ahead of time to see what we have to work with. I'm located in Dayton and would be willing to join up.

Hay Guys Glad to see some of you are ready to go at it again this year,I'M ready to roll and ready to go ,Just post Date time and Where at and i'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.
Jim and Al you guys making it this year??

I will keep coming back and checking in to see what the progress is.

Back