Ok Flextone ER1 guys, lets get some input.

Yup I rotated through the speakers when in the field & at home, they both work, just not the volume coming out of them.
I had a pal listen to it and even he said it aint that loud on full volume.

Bought one on Thursday and sold it on Friday! Was not disappointed with the call understand, just got offered full price from a small town guy with a need. He will be very happy with it. Made 5 stands and called in only a hawk and an eagle. The sounds are terrific. A call that costs $150 or less shouldn't be this good. With gloves suitable for single digit temps the buttons were a little small. Again, its a $150 call. There is a lot of forgiveness built into that price. I tested the call side by side with a Foxpro Scorpion and it certainly has its merits.

At the end of the day the Echo just doesn't have the volume I was hoping for. After hearing the quality of sounds from this unit I think there is a Mighty Atom in my future.

5spd I think something might be a little out of whack with your unit. I cold hear mind at 600 yards, it was flat ground and I had to listen for it but I could still hear it. At 200 yards line of site I could hear it really well. If I'm in the timber with it you can here it echoing through the trees. Are all of your batteries in right and does it have a good connection. I would register the warranty and send it back if it is really that quiet. It's to bad you're not happy with the volume, but at least you called in some yotes with it.

I agree the back light is pretty bright at night, I was thinking about putting some kind of tint over it and see what that does.

Anybody use the remote in temperatures colder than 0ºF ? Just curious if the LCD screen is working. I pondered one, but if the screen isn't visible or too slow in the cold, I can't use it. Sounds like a lot of bargain built into that little caller.

As far as the LCD screen is concearned I would always carry one of those cheap hand warmer packs and tape to the back of the remote, or jus keep it inside the coat when youre not changing/ sending calls. Every LCD that Ive seen is weak and or slow when the temps drop below freezing.
And the volume doesnt seem to be an issue with my echo. Seems plenty loud. If my poor hearing can pick it up from over 100 yards with a 20 mph wind, then Im sure there are far more animals hearing it than will respond. I read somewhere on here that I dont have to hear the call...only the coyote does.

I took mine out for the first time last night. Called in a red fox in less than a minute with the cottontail rabbit cry. (that I missed)

I have absolutely nothing to compare the call with as it is my first, but it sure isn't very loud, or at least not near as loud as I would have expected. I realize that predators have very good hearing and can hear it further than we can.

The supplied sling is noisy as all get-out with the metal attachments it comes with. I will be fixing that sooner than later.

It was around 25 ambient/18 windchill last night and everything worked great, but I also wasn't out there for very long. The sounds are very crip and clean.

It's hard for me to do a good review since it's my first call. I'm pleased though, especially for $108.

Yeah that is another thing that I hadn't posted yet. The carry strap is really loud. I don't use mine. Have you pointed the call at yourself and started it up? The speaker on the front is very directional and the rear one doesn't have all that much volume, but I think that goes for all calls with two speakers like this. The rear one on foxpro calls is more for lower sounds and the front one is for high pitch loud sounds. I would assume it is pretty much the same on this call. Foxpro even suggest not using the rear speaker on high pitch sounds on high volume because it can damage it.

Originally Posted By: snowcamomanAnybody use the remote in temperatures colder than 0ºF ? Just curious if the LCD screen is working. I pondered one, but if the screen isn't visible or too slow in the cold, I can't use it. Sounds like a lot of bargain built into that little caller.

I believe we're getting close to some of those below 0 calling days soon. I got a call from a gentleman yesterday who hunted overnight this past weekend between 1-10 degs and felt the need to call me and say it worked well in those temps. So far that's the coldest report I've received.

Mark

Thank you guys for the referrals - we're talking to lots of guys who've been by here for advice on this caller. I appreciate your candor.

Regarding the strap - Irish 80 is right - I'm going to remove the metal hooks from mine and put some parachute cord in their place. The hooks are way too noisy.

Battery Test: We put a set of Energizer rechargeable (brand new) AA's in the caller and found that they last longer than the Chi-Com batteries that came with the caller. We ran the call on volume 2 - both speakers - for right at 12 hours and it was still running when I left the office that night. HOWEVER - I have talked to several guys who said their batteries are working great. I might have gotten a bum battery that's causing the originals to give me just a half-day or a little better of regular calling. For 15 bucks I wasn't willing to find out - they work now and they charge right in the machine no problem.

Thanks again for your input - I'm going to get back to work,

Mark Healy
info@wildlifecallers.com

Yep paracord is going on mine too as soon as it show up in the mail. Glad they are getting sold.

Have a good one.
Josh

Received the call yesterday and so far it doesn't seem to bad for the price. The only downfall so far is where that battery block hooks into the caller. Had to use electrical tape to get it to stay hooked up. The call seem plenty loud. Hopefully will be testing it come Friday morning.

I forgot to mention, the second night I took my caller out I called in another fox at a different location.

So the first 2 times I went out I called something in with it.

Called in a bobcat with the Echo last night.

I don't see the need in a more expensive caller yet, when this one has brought in critters 3 out of the 4 nights I've used it.

I'm pleased.

Wow you are getting some good results with yours, I like it. I've got a few coons with mine so far and had dozens of crows come in but I couldn't seal the deal on any of them. I had my echo next to an FX7 last night for about 20 seconds before his batteries died. The little bit I heard them next to each other I can say, the foxpro is louder but not $500 louder and the sound quality was pretty much the same from what I could tell. So all and all I would say $130 or less will get you a call that will do what most people really need a call to do. Lets keep posting any results you guys find.

Good hunting

I tried mine out in the field for the first time yesterday. Only had time for one stand. No coyotes, but had a pile of magpies show up to a cottontail distress. I don't think it is as loud as a FoxPro, but it is loud enough for most of the calling I do. I was about 300 feet or a little less from it and remote worked fine. We have snow everywhere and it was just about freezing temps. No problems at all. I agree that the strap has to go. It is too noisy. I would like a timer on the remote as well like the Fury has. For the money, this one is pretty tough to beat for sure. I got mine from Mark at wildlifecaller.com. Great guy and great service.

sounds like a very good caller! and a good deal for 130 bucks!
those of you whom have foxpros and this call as well or have had either one, what would you compare the calls success to? spitfire, scorpion?

I had mine out again today and noticed the speakers were buzzing (bad distortion) with every yell from all the rabbit & coyote calls I had going. I ran through 30 sounds...same distortion on every one.
Sounded like it was in a buzzing drum...Im not to happy with it now as it is brand new and this is the 2nd time out. Its my luck that out of all sold I get the bad one....LOL
The 1st time out I had no buzzing, but clear sounds & had 5 coyotes come in.

last 2 nights ive hunted over 2 different ones...
i cant see how they can make and sell them for that price...

i know the wind was below -10 and never had a skip either night...or any remote trouble....

and i had to go check my gun i missed twice but my partner got a red... and the coyotes seem to like the sounds...

maybe send it back...because i dont see anyone else having problems..

i like the remote it can be read easily...and does 200 yards or better easily...

I like mine OK so far.I thought it was supposed to be rubberlike on the outside. Mine is just like hard plastic.What about the ones you fellows have,soft or hard outside?

Originally Posted By: 5spdI had mine out again today and noticed the speakers were buzzing (bad distortion) with every yell from all the rabbit & coyote calls I had going. I ran through 30 sounds...same distortion on every one.
Sounded like it was in a buzzing drum...Im not to happy with it now as it is brand new and this is the 2nd time out. Its my luck that out of all sold I get the bad one....LOL
The 1st time out I had no buzzing, but clear sounds & had 5 coyotes come in.

If you got an eR1 from us and having a problem, please let us know. We're getting lots of great reports from the field. Lots of coyotes being called in, lots of bobcats, etc. We've had a couple of units that obviously had an electronic issue and we took them back/got them replaced right away. The customer's who got the replacement callers are now happy and their callers are working just fine. So far the manufacturer has been great working with us to get problems fixed quickly.

You guys have called us with good reports on the remote controls, and with the sounds being effective in the field. We appreciate the feedback--keep it up.

Thank you again PM readers for your business.

Merry Christmas (wow...that's non PC
grin.gif
),

Mark Healy
info@wildlifecallers.com

Back