Ok Flextone ER1 guys, lets get some input.

gotta be doin something wrong..i know 5 hunters who have been using alot them with no problems....

the cold has not even bothered mine setting on the ground....

well this may be the problem....we all charge the batteries in a wall charger...and just charge the remote with the cord.....we did it since the begining since we charged are foxpros that way....

its like 10 bucks for a wall charger but the batteries that come with the unit have lasted the whole night....

you would be charging a 12 volt battery and a cell phone battery the same time...they may say its made to do it...

but there was no directions saying that for the batteries so i just always use the seperate wall charger and know for certain the unit is ready to go....

if the machine isnt getting charged thats why your remote isnt reaching out

I did notice while using mine... no problem with the AA's but the remote battery would run down pretty quick. If I pop it back into it's carry spot it recharges from the AA pack in the caller. I have had one charge on mine and have done an hour set of almost constant calling and several mini sets at sunset while out doing other things and it is down only 2 bars. Have had two yotes come in so far but I was just out messing around when they did.

When I was finished goose hunting today I figured I would give mine a whirl. My remote would not come on. When I openned up the battery two of the prongs were stuck in but they were easy to get out and then it worked fine.

I did notice today that at the beginning of the sounds there was a noise. It was like a background noise like during the recording. It did not sound like a speaker problem. It did however go away.

I really don't think the noise I heard will have an affect BUT if it

(INTERUPTION as I type this my old hunting partner in ND just sent me his 3rd picture text of the day. 1 red fox and 2 coyotes.)
frown.gif

Anyway if the noise gets worse I will send it back. I will give it another whirl tomorrow when I am done goose hunting and hopefully the WY winds will at calm down to 20mph. haha

LFP i would send it back and the guys at wildgame innovations will fix it for you! mine does not have any background noise! i have had it out in the rain and burried in the snow and it works easy peasy japaneesie! the remote battery does in fact run low easily you just have to give it a good nites charge before battle the next day!

good luck

I am going to call them on Monday and see what they want me to do because like I mentioned before my box did not have a warranty card in it either so not sure if they would want me to send it back to Cabelas or them for an exchange.

they would probably want you to send it to them, i bet you guys will resolve the issue and it will work out! its a dang good caller.

had another friend off a PA. hunting site buy one he says his works great also....starting to see them in all the local stores....not good...will be like ownin my foxpros ...soon...every coyote in the county will be educated by them....

Hey I can't believe this thread has made it this long. I'm glad to see everyone is still giving there input. Well I went out today and called in my first ever coyote. The flextone seemed to work great. 31 lb female with a pretty nice coat.

Well, I fixed the rattling hardware on the sling on mine, otherwise I haven't had a complaint with it. I recently ordered a 6 drop lanyard from fw707 here on the forum, and the next day kicked myself for not ordering a matching sling for my E-caller. I had few special twists I wanted in mine, so I told Jeff what I was up to and had him throw in a little extra paracord when he packed it. (Lanyard and the strap are both great!! Beautiful workmanship on both. If any of you are looking, give Jeff a shout.)

Back to the strap... First, I wanted a plastic buckle in the main cord. Down here in Florida I hang it over tree branches occasionally that are too big to slide the handle over, or tie it around tree trunks to get it up off the ground. I also wanted a drop on it with a buckle. Since I want to attach the remote to my lanyard in the field, and don't want the lanyard tied to the remote all the time, a buckle on the lanyard and the remote was a given anyhow. The drop on the strap ties the remote to the strap, so that should the release button get bumped somewhere in the field, my remote isn't lost along the trail.

The remote was truly a pain in the @$$! The hole in the remote is not designed to tie anything through, as best I could tell. I finally wound up using a rather large stainless interlocking snap out of the tackle box to hook that up. Configuration on the hole in the remote leaves a little to be desired. It is not open straight through, you kinda hafta go around the corner with it. Had to straighten the little lock tab on the end of the loop out, and bend the loop a little bassackwards, to feed it through. Once I got it hooked up I bent the locking tabs on the end of the wire closed to secure it.

DSCF3050.jpg

Since my mission was to eliminate hardware, and the rattling associated with it. Once I got the hangman's noose tied up on the remote drop, I simply slipped it down over the snap.

DSCF3052.jpg

Rear attachment on the call was made using a simple hangman's noose. This allows 2 - 3 inches adjustment in length of strap, (or more if you tie it longer.) I moved the buckle on the main strap, to the front of the call because when I tied it up short like I wanted it, on the rear of the call, it landed right in the middle of the handle. Since we're after quiet in this mission, I was trying to get the buckle away from the call body.

DSCF3056.jpg

I then slipped the loop on one drop on my lanyard down through a female buckle end, fed the buckle back through it, and cinched it down. I kept the female end on my lanyard and on the strap for several reasons...

1.) If I toss the strap over a tree branch and get hit in the eye with the buckle, the female end will probably do less damage than the male end with it's 3 little pointy prongs.

2.) The female end of the buckle looks much cleaner hanging from your lanyard when not attached.

3.) The male end will always be protected this way to prevent damage to the prongs. It's not being carried around out in the open, waiting to be damaged.

DSCF3060.jpg

My drop on the remote is probably 3 - 4 inches long; I may shorten it a little, or tie a not in it, or something. It works great to get it out arms length away, (you old guys will understand that; not sure about the youngsters), but I'm afraid it may be too long when sitting. It'll definitely keep the remote attached to you, but it may allow it to fall far enough to clank and rattle on a seat or stand when you drop it.

DSCF3055.jpg

Overall length was a little long when I first tried it, so I shortened my round ends up. And, of course then the overall length came out a little short of where I wanted it to be.
glare.gif
It rides a couple inches higher on my hip than what I wanted, but it isn't bad. I can gain about half of what I need simply by slipping the noose on the back connection, and if need be I can always retie the front connection to the call and lengthen it up. Where it sits now, just above my belt, with an over the head/under the arm carry, it tucks it up under my arm a little better while hiking and should keep it from bouncing around as much as down on my hip, where I had originally planned it.

DSCF3062.jpg

Overall assessment: I think it'll work just like I wanted it too!

I ordered my buckles out of White Moose Trading Company They offered the most reasonable prices on small lots, in the size I wanted. I used a 3/8" simple buckle. If I had it to do over again... I'd try to find someone that had a 1/2" simple buckle, or order the 5/8" buckles too. The 3/8" buckles are great in respect to not being overly large, so they don't bang and clatter when they're unhooked and flopping around. Likewise, they don't stick out like a sore thumb, and don't look out of place on the paracord. They are however just a wee bit small in design for old fat fingered guys. I think in time I'll get used to it and it'll all be OK, in fact in a few days when I get the feeling back in my fingertips, after playing with paracord for 4 hours, it'll probably be OK.
rolleyes.gif
I do know however that when I opened the package and looked at them, my first thought was, "Dammmmm that's a little bitty buckle!"

I checked specs on these buckles on another site when looking for them, and there's only 3 - 4 pounds difference in the rating on the 3/8" and 5/8", and the 3/8" is rated for about 30 lbs. more than the ER1 weighs. I was pulling and tugging on them pretty good while tying this up, deliberately, and they're plenty tough, they just don't look like they would be.
grin.gif

All in all I think it's going to be really sweet, and it is a grand improvement over the metal buckles clanking about!!

I changed out the metal hardware on my strap and used zip ties to attach it to the caller. Yours looks alot better Rocky1. I like your idea with attaching a clip and lanyard to the remote. I can relate to the "arms length" comment. I was thinking maybe about using an elastic cord or strap to keep it riding higher while sitting but able to extend it that arms length out to read it.

I bought one today and I took it back. Will not buy another one. First off the antenna wouldn't come out when I pressed the button. The sounds were distorted especially when I was messing with the volume. It would make a popping noise every now and then. Maybe I got a bad one but I think I will just go with hand calls until I get something else. I read all the reviews and everyone said it was good. When I took it back I played with the demo model they had put out and the sounds had some distortion in it as well.

Originally Posted By: hunting101I bought one today and I took it back. Will not buy another one. First off the antenna wouldn't come out when I pressed the button. The sounds were distorted especially when I was messing with the volume. It would make a popping noise every now and then. Maybe I got a bad one but I think I will just go with hand calls until I get something else. I read all the reviews and everyone said it was good. When I took it back I played with the demo model they had put out and the sounds had some distortion in it as well.

Sounds like the one I had & sent back!

Yeah, they are no FoxPro. I had one and went back to FoxPro. I did like it, but it didn't have quite the quality I had hoped for. For someone on a limited budget or searching in the Power Dogg price range, I think it is pretty tough to beat. Lots of features for the money. I noticed that some of the popping noises mine had were due to feedback from the remote being so close testing it on my kitchen counter. Popping or not, they do bring in animals.

Back