Ok Flextone ER1 guys, lets get some input.

Well just got home and opened mine up and got to look at it about 5 seconds before the wife started playing with it. She has been messing with it and really likes it alot. She just wishes she could use it turkey hunting.

O.K., Irish 80 pushed me off the fence on this one. Ordered one today. I'll test it here in Michigan on yotes and crow, then in Jan we'll try it on yotes and bobcat in Kansas.

Last edited:
I bet you'll be happy with it madhatter. Come back and let us know what you think after you've used it some. I'm curious to see what you think compared to my thoughts.

Got a coon with mine today(raccoon distress)in about 5 minutes and called in a lot of crows. I couldn't get any of the crows to come in low enough to hit. Still no coyotes but I don't really think that's the call. I've only been out twice calling for coyotes, one day was a pretty nice evening and I did have them talking to me in the timber but no takers and yesterday morning the wind was blowing about 20 mph. So I've only made two stands with mine so far. I didn't make it out hunting with my buddy who has the Foxpro, so no comparison yet.

Keep it up guys, post any info or questions you have.

Only had time for one stand Fri. evening no takers but had a lot of em talking imediately after turning on the call. Saturday was way too windy (hate huntin in the wind).
Did get a chance to try the crow call last week and I had em swarmin like skeeters in september. Lucky for them Im no wing shooter. Managed a few birds though.
Although Im no expert, the call seems to be plenty loud, clear, and realistic.

Any word on how many times the call can be recharged? Plan on buying some rechargeable batts and charger but I always carry extra batts in my backpack.
Also how low do I need to run the batts down before I recharge?

As luck would have it, my wife came home from costco with the Sanyo eneloop batteries that Wildlife Callers recommend. 8 AA and 4 AAA with 4 battery charger for about 22 bucks. They can be recharged 1500 times. The cheap ones will end up in the Grand kids toys!!

Hmm, after putting my young eyes on and reading the fine print on the sanyo battery, it says sanyo charger only. May just use for back-up. Not ni-cd, but Ni-MH. If someone has switched, did they charge O.K. in the caller?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madhatter1947Hmm, after putting my young eyes on and reading the fine print on the sanyo battery, it says sanyo charger only. May just use for back-up. Not ni-cd, but Ni-MH. If someone has switched, did they charge O.K. in the caller?

I guess I'm not following.

Your wife bought the Sanyo batteries and charger, but the charger is not a Sanyo brand charger?

So I guess the batteries and charger were NOT packaged together. Seperate puchases? Maybe one of the Energizer chargers?

If that is the case, I would try it. I don't see where it could hurt anything.

You also ask "did they charge O.K. in the caller?" I may be mistaken, but from what I read you need to take the batteries out of the caller to charge them. I think. lol

You can charge the batteries in the caller, no need to remove them. As far as charging the Sanyo batteries in the caller, I have no idea if it would work but Wildlife callers sells them with out a charger so I just bet they might. Get in touch with Mark and ask him what he thinks.

Yep sure does. You put the batteries in for the first time when you get it and then just plug it in and charge it with the cord that comes with it.

Well it was all nice and sunny this afternoon so I went out in the back yard and set up a crow decoy and the echo. I hit the remote and had 20 zooming in on me. I shot 3 times all misses. I let the call run and 4 more came in. I got one. Here is a pic with the crow and the call. Can't wait to try it on the coons.

crow035.jpg

Let's clear this up on the sanyo battery thing. Yes the charger is a Sanyo and it does 4 batteries at a time. No problem there. was thinking about doing them in the caller. than I talked to Mark at Wildlife callers and he said it's better on the batteries to use the Sanyo charger that comes with the batteries in the pack we got. hope that clears it up.

Used mine for the 1st time today. Temp was 13*-19* all day.
Volume IMO is POOR....I could barley make it out at 80yds and I ran it on max all day today.
I did have the cones facing up/down hill along the gullies I was calling today at & not pointed in my direction.
I could make out faint sounds out so I knew it was working good, but nothing like the Fury I had last year...no comparison in sound.
Now at home I can hear it fine but thats in house & 30', but still not a lot of volume at max.
The metal hooks, loops are noisey, will change those to plastic ones befor next time out.

I can say the remote will turn it on at 300+ yds as I left the unit and hiked up the canyons to the top about 1/2 mile following coyotes and walking down I hit on. I still could not hear it at all till I got about that 80 yards away....remote works at CLEAR distance IMO.
Batteries still at 3/4 at noon, ran from 530 am till then on & off in 5 locations, good battery rate!

Working the remote with gloves is not that hard.
The back lite is bright that it will show your location in the dark, to bright I am thinking & I think another color other than blue would be better for reading as I found it semi hard to read at times.

I did have a group of 5 coyotes come fast trotting in though and am very happy about that! I was using a mouth call along with the jackrabbit setting on the Flextone caller.
I only shot 1 as they all went nuts when they saw the Edge Coyote decoy at the sound of the rabbit, then split with my shot of the male that stopped for a second....
w00t.gif

I am happy with it so far.

I'm thinking your unit has a faulty volume setting/control, or you need a hearing aid one 5spd. Mine has all kinds of volume; full volume in the house is a tad uncomfortable, it'll make you want to turn it down indoors.

In the woods down here in Florida you can spin every neighbors' dog up for 2 - 3 miles at night with it on high. It's actually too loud on high on my unit, down here, I only run it about half volume.

Have checked to make sure both speakers are working?? Rear speaker on mine is much quieter, and that I can believe you would have trouble hearing. With both on, or simply the front speaker on, it's plenty loud at 80 yards.

Back