Ok Flextone ER1 guys, lets get some input.

Irish_80

I got one ordered from Mark at wildlife calls. First off I'll just say he is a great guy to deal with, I had a really enjoyable conversation with him while ordering it.

OK lets get some input from you guys that already have one and have used it some. I know there is another thread about them but I though I would get a fresh one started and we could talk a little about them. Mine should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, it's in KC as I type this. I can't wait to get mine and fire it up.

What do you guys think of volume, clarity, and ease of use?

Anyone have a comparison with any of the foxpro callers?

I don't expect it to compete with some of the really high end callers like the fury but I am wondering how it compares to the spitfire or maybe the firestorm?

I have a friend that I hunt with that has an fx7 and when we go out coon hunting next Sunday I'll do a side by side and see how it stacks up.

Anyone out there set it out at 100 yards and cranked it up to see how loud it is?

Anyone want to do a video showing the call in action, or a sound clip from say 50 yards away or so?

Anyone know how many db these are putting out at full volume?

Not many reviews out there for these, so lets get some info for people to check out. If it even comes close to some of the foxpro calls on volume and clarity we may have a contender in the calling market for the price tag they're putting on it.

As soon as I get mine I'll do a little playing with it and come back and let everyone know what I think.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully the caller is everything you want and expect. Next time try doin research and get opinions first before you buy. Just a thought

I wasn't really doing research I was just getting people talking about it so others would have the information if they decided to buy one. I guess I should have made it clearer that I didn't want the info to settle my mind on the purchase. Just seeing what others thought. I do more then a little research on things before I buy them, but that is the problem, there is very little info out there about this caller. Lets try and keep this one on the ER1 and not how I should have gotten this or that.

I almost got une today but did not. i have not hear anything about this call yet, please try it and write if you like it.

I took mine out predator/ deer hunting over thanksgiving weekend and didn't call in any coyotes but called in several already spooked does. Set the call up about 80 yard and played about half volume and clear an plenty loud enough for any coyote to hear within a quarter mile. called up crows fom at least a half a mile with it on another stand.

Also called in a hawk several times, Although I have not owned owned a foxpro other than then the zr2 which was horrible IMO. I had a Johnny Stewart pm4 and it is very compareble to it in the volume department, I would not worry one bit about the volume Iv'e called in several coyotes with my backup cass creek electronic call and its not even half as loud as the flextone er1.if a crow can hear it at full vouume at hahalf a mile plus a coyote will hear it too IMO.

Ordered mine Friday off the website. Hope mine is that close to home. When I get mine we can compare notes. Good luck with the coon callin.

I ordered one Saturday and it should be here one day late this week, hopefully. I don't have any other E-calls to compare it to, but I'm pretty darn excited to get out there with it. I have a brand new spot to try it out on, where the landowners see and hear them frequently. That is almost rare around here.

I will report back when I get mine in. Ordered it thursday. I will be calling coons and crows so I will see how it does. And man alot of us guys in Missouri are buying these. We must be really smart or really cheap. Ha!

Cheap...absolutely! Smart...remains to be seen.
As i said I ordered mine friday and to my surprise showed up monday afternoon (wow that was quick). Im thinking about trying it out this morning, but is really windy right now. May have to wait for better conditions.
I'll let u all know what happens.

OK just got the call tonight when I got home so I put some batteries in it to play for a few minutes. Here is all I have so far for anyone interested.

The sounds are clear, no doubt about that, even on full volume.

Volume was good, I had it about 40 yards away from the house and my wife said she could hear it inside while she was on the computer. I was about 50 yards away and it was easy to hear and the wind is blowing pretty good. The remote worked fine at that distance and was fast to change the sounds.

The sounds are easy to get to, not as fast finding them as the foxpro I have used but it will work just fine for me. Switching to something like pup in distress after a shot would be kind of slow but you could get to it with in 30 seconds or so I think.

In the house I turned it up all the way and it was loud enough I didn't like it much and neither did my wife.
smile.gif
I'll put it next to a foxpro fx7 this weekend and really get an idea of what it can do. It looks like from what I can tell that it has a horn speaker and a cone speaker like a foxpro. It's kind of hard to see since it has the protective cover over both speakers, which is nice.

Build quality seems nice but only time will tell on that so no real comments there. I'm not going to try and say this is the best call you will ever get yet, since I've only used it around here for 30 minutes or so. I am going to try and take it out and do some calling tomorrow evening if the wind dies down some, I'll let everyone know as I get a little more use out of it.

More to come,
Josh

Went out and set the call up at 200 yards this morning before work. From that distance the remote worked perfectly with out even putting the antenna up. The call was about 3 ft off of the ground and it was line of site so that helped I'm sure. I started off with crow mobbing and I had 8 or so come in within 1-2 minutes. I took shots at them 4 time as they landed and when they would fly off I would switch to crow in distress and here they came right back. You could hear the call easily from that distance. I played crow, jackrabbit, cottontail, howls, and elk bugle and all were easy to hear.

Update on volume:

Went out and set up the call on a old dirt road and started up some howls and then drove 2/10 of a mile. I could hear the call pretty well at about 350 yard. So then I drove just shy of 2/10 of a mile further and could still hear the call, given I had to listen but I could hear it fairly well. I just looked at Google earth and it looks like I was about 600 to 640 yards away as a crow fly's. When I got back to the call I could hear some coyotes going off in the distance. Anyway I just wanted to update in case anyone was interested.

Yep they are the wildlife technologies sounds and they are extremely clear. They are way better than any free ones I have found on the internet. Yeah ask for Mark Healy and he will play them over the phone for you. He is lioncaller on here and he has his website on his profile.

Back