Ok Flextone ER1 guys, lets get some input.

Lioncaller.
I got it from midwayusa when I put in a big order 3 weeks back.
Its boxed up & being shipped back for a refund.
Thanks though, I know you take care of your customers.

First post... short time lurker. I have decided to get the Echo. I was at first going to build my own (cheap) but after seeing the reviews on this and it's cost (not to mention LionCallers pricing I am going to get this along with a Mojo Critter and start smoking some yotes!

I have 2 to my credit while deer hunting this year and want to start hitting them hard around the areas I hunt.

Thanks again for all the great posts and I hope to add to it shortly!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: flatland hunterstart smoking some yotes!

Would that be with hair on or hair off?

Personally, I'd stick with a turkey or ham.

Originally Posted By: newcoyotehunterwhat some call sequences you guys have been using and having success with so far?
I was using jackrabbit & snowshoe hare and switching back & forth with younp pup howls when I have those 5 come trotting in. With all that I was using a mouth call to sound like a young dog on a rabbit.

I got out this morning and made a few stands while it was snowing. Man if that isn't one of the most peaceful feelings. Sitting with your back against a pine with no wind and big fat flakes just floating down. Well I started with a female howl and sat for a few then switched to jackrabbit and played it on and off for 10 or 15 minutes. There was a cow out in the pasture that kept looking down the ditch and I thought something might be down there that I couldn't see. I was getting close to leaving and I thought I would give fawn in distress a try and then it happened. Out comes a coyote, the first one I have ever called in that I saw. I couldn't get a shot at it, but it sure was nice seeing one, even if it was hung up at 350 yards.

I picked up an echo from Scheels here in Wisconsin. I should have waited and bought from Mark. If this one turns out to be a dud I will take it back and get one from Mark.

I am just curious what a typical calling sequence would be say for a 30 minute stand? What do you start with using your Echo? How long do you stop between sounds? Do you supplement the calling with any hand calls? I am located in southeastern Wisconsin. We have quite a few guys getting into predator calling around here and I am thinking of using something besides the rabbit calls with the Echo as I am sure most coyotes and foxes have heard them by now:) or will soon.

Thanks for any input guys.

Originally Posted By: MarshhawkI picked up an echo from Scheels here in Wisconsin. I should have waited and bought from Mark. If this one turns out to be a dud I will take it back and get one from Mark.

I am just curious what a typical calling sequence would be say for a 30 minute stand? What do you start with using your Echo? How long do you stop between sounds? Do you supplement the calling with any hand calls? I am located in southeastern Wisconsin. We have quite a few guys getting into predator calling around here and I am thinking of using something besides the rabbit calls with the Echo as I am sure most coyotes and foxes have heard them by now:) or will soon.

Thanks for any input guys.

start with one of the mouse calls on low.....a coyote..fox..etc...can hear very good...then i switch to the pleated woodpecker...etc...

depends on the animal also....

I bought one based on reviews here. Good call, some of the calls are distorted. The power dogg is actually much clearer on the sounds. No white noise or distortion at all. Just not loud as I would like. This call is louder but not a whole whole lot. Darn should have kept the FX 3

I'm as pleased with mine as can be.
I haven't tried calling in any predators yet due to time
constraints and just hectic life.

But I have taken in out and screwed with crows a few times.
The other day a buddy and I started the call and within
30 seconds had a bunch of crows diving us. Within another
30 seconnds we also had a vulture come in real low and
circle the caller.

I'm so easily amused.

Originally Posted By: Kirby01I bought one based on reviews here. Good call, some of the calls are distorted. The power dogg is actually much clearer on the sounds. No white noise or distortion at all. Just not loud as I would like. This call is louder but not a whole whole lot. Darn should have kept the FX 3

You can always send it back for a refund like I did when it started buzzing and sounds went from good to distorted & back, I can't call with it doing that and not knowing what its going to do next.
Good price, but there are issues out there.

I have called in crows no problem....but I am kinda agreeing with you 5spd. Took it out to the woods this afternoon. The coyote calls definately have some white noise in them and are very raspy. Other sounds like the squirrel in distress and fleming hare are awesome. Some just not so much....

I just got mine in yesterday from Mark at Wildlife Callers. It was in my hands 44 hrs after ordering. That's fast!!! Thanks Mark. Got it charged up last nite and took it outside today. Tested the remote out to 150yds and it worked fine. Seems pretty loud to me but I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first e-caller. Wind is blowing 15-20 mph today but I could the crow real well @ 150yds. All in all I'm very happy with it if it holds up.

dale34: I am in KY and only took it out once yesterday to see what it sounds like in the woods. You can read my post above yours. I am hoping to give it a try this weekend. I will post results

Kirby

Back