Predator Vehicles

Lets see i had one of these
warwagon.jpg
then i had one of these
brucewithadouble.jpg
then one of these
darnedcoyotewillsleepanywhere.jpg

I could go on and on , I miss the suzuki , lots of gas milage and easy to hide BUt it got cold in the winter , Now i use the FJ cruiser , 25 MPG and lots of room , killer heater, roof rack ,and it will go where ever i aim it LOL. ooops forgot about this one
MVC-005S.jpg

F-150 FX4 SuperCab (4 dr.) with 5.4 liter, short bed and A.R.E. bed cover. I tow a Polaris 500 2-up when necessary. I drove 4x4s for 30 years for the government. From personal experience I found:

1) Chevy frames crack at the shock mounts (according to the dealer, they are not made to go off road - 4x4s are to be used for "inclement" weather conditions only, [beeep]). Good transmissions, though.
2) Front spindles break on the Nissans.
3) Dodge - can't break'em but they suck when it comes to power & mileage.
4) Toyota - mileage sucks on full size truck, needs lots of room to turn around, not enough room for gear in smaller trucks.
5) Ford - mileage sucks, transmissions are weak when it comes to towing really heavy stuff (four horse horse trailers, etc.)

The most important feature in a predator rig? Its got to get you home. As for the scratches, that's just hunter pin stripping.

Originally Posted By: MartyCAF-150 FX4 SuperCab (4 dr.) with 5.4 liter, short bed and A.R.E. bed cover. I tow a Polaris 500 2-up when necessary. I drove 4x4s for 30 years for the government. From personal experience I found:

1) Chevy frames crack at the shock mounts (according to the dealer, they are not made to go off road - 4x4s are to be used for "inclement" weather conditions only, [beeep]). Good transmissions, though.
2) Front spindles break on the Nissans.
4) Toyota - mileage sucks on full size truck, needs lots of room to turn around, not enough room for gear in smaller trucks.
5) Ford - mileage sucks, transmissions are weak when it comes to towing really heavy stuff (four horse horse trailers, etc.)

The most important feature in a predator rig? Its got to get you home. As for the scratches, that's just hunter pin stripping.

Well partly true. Esxcept for number 3. My Dodge diesel gets 20 mpg on the high way. And has all the power I need. I dont think this is too bad since it has 4 inches of lift and 35s.

Originally Posted By: shrek...This is my other hunting truck but being a F-350 diesel it rides a little rough!
Deerhunting009.jpg

One of the last of the good ones. After 97 they went down hill.

Originally Posted By: MartyCA

I get 20mpg with the Dodge, and 15mpg when towing the 30' 5th wheel.

I get better mpg towing 15K pounds than most F-150 empty
smile.gif

The Dodge also puts down 400hp and 680lbs of torque... you think that is under powered?

Last edited:
Here's my hunting rig, 1988 4Runner V6

mud002.jpg

This one will get a little hunting in this fall too. 1988 4Runner 4cyl, 4.88gears, rear detroit truetrac, 33/10.50R15 BFG All Terrains, 15x8 wheels,SDORI 1.5in Front Ball Joint Spacers, OME shocks and steering stabilizer, 1.5in Rear OME lift springs, ARB front bumper, Marlin Crawler rear bumper, Bushwacker cut out fender flares, Can-Back top and rack, IPF lights, rhino lined interior.
4runner09003.jpg

Venatic , yep 25 is the norm IF you keep your foot out of it . 65 MPH is the max to get 25,I have owned alot of 4 wheel drive vehicles , but this is by far my favorite .the dang thing is fun to drive very comfortable and big enough to sleep in ( for me anyways 5ft 10 inches) very smooth on rough terrain, almost unbelivable after owning so many 4x4 vehicles, its like a dang cadillac .You can just fly down a rough road and it just soaks up the ruts. The power inverter in the back really comes in handy for makin coffee in the morning LOL.I have yet to find a place it will not go ( within reason) and usually dont even have to use the 4 wheel drive .Great on snow, ice and mud.Plenty of room for OBE the wonder dog and cleaning the inside is really easy with the rubber floor everywhere and the neoprene seats, all will wipe off with a cloth .Low maint also. I would buy another tomorrow if the need be .

DSCF4714.jpg

DSCF4713.jpg

DSCF4712.jpg

DSCF4711.jpg

Just sold this little 22re beast.

Even had ladder holders built into the side of the roof rack on both sides.

Loved the little truck but needed more seats.

The paint job is just krylon flat tan. I kept a can in the back of the truck, after heavy pin striping trips I would hit with the spray and make it all new again.

Originally Posted By: sparky13kodiak61 - How many cans of krylon did it take?

6 total of the tan. Then picked up another that use for the "touch ups" and it has lasted over a year.

I also picked up 2 cans of flat black and painted every not tan black. Keep one of those in the back as well.

I was originally going to do some camo theme, but then liked the way the black and tan looked so just kept it that way. Painted my cruiser the same way, I sort of like the look and think that I probably do something similar with every hunting rig now.

Here are some pics of my old Cruiser:

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

And then the vehicle that started this "paint theme" for me. My old 81 Jeep CJ7

JeepUse1.jpg

JeepUse4.jpg

Last edited:
Hey kodiak i love the yota's and the paint theme. I'm buying another 85' extra cab and it's gonna sport the same look! Easy to repair and looks great.

Last edited:

Here's my war wagon,
2007 dodge 3500 with 40"boots and a 10" suspension lift plus a 3.5" body lift. Engine is a 5.9 litre Cummings with a BullyDog chip.Gets me where I need to go
R

IMG_0037.jpg

Wolfhunter, that dodge is badass looking.

I owned this for awhile, it is Soni Honnegers version of the "War Wagon" that was in the Tuff Truck competitions in the mid 90's.

warwagon10.jpg

warwagon.jpg

I actually traded it for this:

IMG_6529.jpg

True 6 wheel drive with articulating driving shaft. Thing would go anywhere.

Then sold that to a guy in Australia. It will be good there since it is amphibious.

I have issues with rigs.

Last edited:
Back