Predator Vehicles

Originally Posted By: DustballsWith the 460 that is in it it will pass everything but a gas station.

PICT0124.jpg

[/IMG]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

You guys with those old Broncos are giving me a heart ache I have always loved those old Bronco's we had two of them and I miss them. But again the old fuel bill keeps me turning away.

As far as our current truck and its fuel Milage I'm not sure if this motor kicks on and off between 4 and 8 cylinders. Its an '05 with the 5.4L our truck before it was a '97 with the 5.7 and I miss the power of the 5.7 but on the highway it would get about 20-22 (Running 65mph) we got rid of it because it had 190K miles on it and everything was original.

Hey Lawdog how much does the wrap cost?

I'm trying to talk my wife into a a standard cab short box 4x4 and letting my have the crew cab.
grin.gif

Last edited:
here you can see a couple of my old hunting rigs. Wish I had one of them now. Except the fuel was a little rough with them.

photo_2007_1_30_15_34_0_edited.jpg

Truck.jpg

Last edited:
This is my current hunting truck. 03 f250 5.4 and 35in Ground hawgs.

ben-1.jpg

This was my first truck. 79 f350 with a 460 and 44in Swamper. Like a dumba$$ I traded it for a airboat.

truk1001.jpg

!!!!!GET A TOYOTA!!!!!

you seriously cant go wrong.

LAW DOG!!!! that truck is a BAAAAD M****R F*****G TRUCK!!! i work at a toyota dealer. im hopin to get a new 4 door taco this spring.
[img:center][/img]

FORD. I use either truck as needed. The Ranger SC 4x4 is for the light stuff and is my primary hunting vehicle. The Super Duty SC 4x4 is for the heavy work. MI VHNTR

IMG_0164_2.jpg

Haha I have had lots of old fords.

brycestruck002.jpg

This is my other hunting truck but being a F-350 diesel it rides a little rough!

Deerhunting009.jpg

Lawdog that is funny you sold that for a muscle car. We should have been brothers. I sold my 78 for my '69 Ford Falcon Sports Coupe. I kick myself for ever getting rid of that.

The Jeep Cherokees are a good option. The 4.0 I-6 is reliable and pretty good on gas if you keep it real easy it will get 25+ on the highway and about that in town if you have a Manual Tranny. My buddy has one and he can even get 30ish around town. I don't know how he does it, but he does.

If you needed more power the Grand Cherokee comes with a 5.9 liter V-8 and has pretty good power. You do lose gas mileage with it quite a bit.

As for the fellow suggesting the locker if you aren't getting a selectable style locker then you don't generally want it in the rear unless is basically a trail rig. You'll get much better road manners with a front locker and you'll still get the same performance on a Cherokee or a Toy truck.

Originally Posted By: Jeepdude1987As for the fellow suggesting the locker if you aren't getting a selectable style locker then you don't generally want it in the rear unless is basically a trail rig. You'll get much better road manners with a front locker and you'll still get the same performance on a Cherokee or a Toy truck.

I dont agree with this, Jeeps front driveshafts disconect in 2wd which makes it true for jeeps, some what unless the wheels are turned while making turns especially U turns, with a locker like a Detroit in the rear I notice no diffrence in road manners unless powering through turns, I actually like driving with a locked rear better than open, much better traction. That said, research it yourself before putting one in. I did a lot mostly on Jeepforum.com and couldnt be happier with my locker choices. i lots of trucks that the front driveshafts still spin the front while in 2wd the front locker is horrible fo the street and a selectable is highly reccomended. (most people like ARB air lockers for this)

Here is what I use when I go hunt with pistol

VStrom 1000 with TKC80 tires

Izzys_Bike.jpg

And this is what I use when taking the larger guns, with or with out Toy Hauler depends
smile.gif
Dodge CTD 3500 with 35" BFG tires

IMG_0323.jpg

Back