Wisconsinites: Check-In/Hunt Reports

hello all! Just found this site last night. I am from Janesville. I have hunted from East Troy to Black River, where the wolves are thick! Hunted Crows some still trying to find time to go after yotes with the new snow. Mostly I shoot NRA highpower in my free time, which isn't much.

Welcome aboard, Bill.
wink.gif

I need a hunting partner for tonight (2/8/04). Anyone within driving distance of Antigo. All my other hunting buddy's are too scared of deep snow. I need a new one. Give me a call before too late or e-mail me.

Al Leppala
715-449-9884
aleppala@charter.net

22magman lets go huinting i live right by you in se wisconsin acuallly mukwonago so write to me and we can g together! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill, were in the same damn town........
any luck lately???
I think I just bought a new rifle, did not get out yesterday, was scared of deep snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tony

Has anyone in the SE area tried MIDWAY P.H.G.? I drove past the area the other night. We stopped along the road, got outta the truck and heard about 3 or 4 of them howling in the distance.

facad5f4.jpg

litman I work night shift and have a 7 month son to take care of during the day. so my hunting has been few and far between. havn't been in the woods since the second Saturday of the normal gun deer season. as the cubs say "there's always next year!"

Bill,
My hats off to you,I'm doing the same thing, I'm a 3rd. shifter with a 19 mo. old son.Most sleep I get during the day is 4hr. & some days only 2.My hunting time has decreased alot,but I look at it this way,I've got a soon to be hunting partner that will beable to go anytime I do.I do alot of coyote trapping,and I just take him along,some days I feel like a zombie but atleast I'm getting out, my oldest daughter started going along when she was 3,took her beaver trapping one year almost everyday,I just pulled her on a sled to every beaver house I was trapping through the ice.They love it.The only time I get out now,are the weekends cause he isnt ready for this kind of weather yet.He will be this coming fall&winter though,I figure when they can talk and tell you when there cold or uncomfortable,there ready to go.So right now to take edge off of my hunting and trapping addictions I get on here and see whats going on in the hunting and trapping world and my son loves to watch that new randy anderson calling coyotes 2, he'll sit on my lap and watch it like he was zoned in on a cartoon.But again my hats of to ya,it's nice to see other parents taking care of there own kids and spending the time with them in there most critical learning years, instead of dropping them off at a babysitter because there free time is to valuable to waste watching there own child. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill Bowen, Blak Coyote, my hat's off to you. You guys sure have your priorities straight.Raising kids can be the hardest job you'll ever love, but the rewards are worth it. I've given up a lot of hunting and trapping time over the years due to family obligations and don't regret it. Some of my favorite memories are the times I had the kids along on the trapline or out hunting.My two boys will be old enough to hunt by themselves this year but my youngest daughter will be able to hunt for the first time though she's always tagged along.I'm looking forward to many enjoyable times afield with three of my favorite companions.
I'm hoping to get them all hooked on predator hunting as it provides a larger window of opportunity than deer hunting, but school activities,farm work and the fact that I'm a single parent sure cut into our available time. You guys hang in there. As the kids get bigger and more independent it gets easier and eventually you will get more hunting time and more sleep.

Some of us cheeseheads who enjoy hunting at night may wish to be aware that AB 374, while hunting coyotes, is coming up for a public hearing on Feb. 19 at 10:00 a.m. It is in Senator Neal Kedzie's Committee.

Firing off a note to him in support of AB374 would certainly help.

Moosetrot

Now you guys tell me about the kids............
Hopefully in June I'll go from me and da wife to instant family. Twins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hope you guys are killing dogs, been stuck in the house and milking the cows lately.
Of course, I can't forget the oldest member of the family, recent purchase of a SKS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tony

Here is the latest info on bill 374...use of lights when hunting coyotes at night in Wisconsin.

02-19. S. Public hearing held.
02-19. S. Executive action taken.
02-20. S. Report concurrence recommended by committee on Environment and Natural Resources, Ayes 5, Noes 0
02-20. S. Available for scheduling.

So far so good...when I called Madison on 2-20-04, I was told that some action MUST be taken within the next 3 weeks or this bill will die !! I will be in touch with the bills author, Scott Gunderson and see if there is anything we can do at this point. Keep your finger crossed !!

22MagMan-

I'll be "putting on the pressure" from this part of the state as well. Seems like time and using whatever connections we have is of the essence at this point.

Will do whatever I can. The use of lights while hunting coyotes is also one of the questions for the Wis. Conservation Congress Spring Hearings held on April 12 in every county in the state. If we can't push it through before that time we'll all need to get out and rally up the troops for that vote!

Moosetrot

How can I help. I wouldlove to be able to hunt at night witha light i live in waukesha co. who do i need to contact. Should i contact the DNR or what? Thats great if we can all go in on this to get it passed!! This is great news, good job who ever found this!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back