Wisconsinites: Check-In/Hunt Reports

A few of you have mentioned that you find lots of yotes around madison. Where are these places, public hunting grounds, or are you relucant to give up "your" spots?

I'm sure that the property I'll start hunting on will get wise to the calls after a few times, so I'll need some places to rotate to.

BTW, I went with the savage model 11, 22-250. Shoots nice with factory loads, and would do better if I do my part.

John

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So, has anyone had any success this season yet?

I haven't been out yet so nothing to report here.

I got 2 Friday night. Those were 3rd & 4th for the season so far. Just going to get better from here. Due to the low deer kill in the area around here, and partly to my dog on his 3 week walkabout beating them to the gut piles that were there. (he came back 10lb heavier) The snow and the cold this week have them very active right now. Good luck I will try to leave a few for the rest of you.

Originally posted by Odd-Ball:
[qb]Anyone here from Wisconsin?
fc4ae8ce.gif.thumb.jpg

What part of the state do you hunt?[/qb]

It sure would be nice (in my area) to have some decent snow cover. A nice (warm) clear night would help too. AND a nice bright moon. BOY...I dont ask for much..do I...LOL

I'm starting to get antsy. Still haven't gotten a deer yet (cwd zone), and I wanna go try some yote hunting!! Maybe I'd better do some quick scouting someplace outside the CWD and go Xmas weekend.
Maybe I should posted this in the horicon marsh topic, get together with someone maybe.

If anyone wants to buddy up with a newbie yote shooter during the holiday weekends (or xmas eve day, and maybe new years eve day) outside the CWD zone, I'm in Stoughton, about 20 miles south of madison near lake kegonsa.

John

Hey folks. I know old thread. But Im in Mauston. Im rounding up lots of permission to hunt the area. We are overloaded with yotes. I have secured permission in Adams at a farm I saw 11 yotes in the field at one time, and some spots in Juneau, people are begging for them to be shot. I could use a partner if someone wants to come on up this way some time. I could use someone that knows what they are doing....lol

You supply the know how I will supply a few cold ones afterwards.

This thread was going around before I joined.
I'm from Oregon, just south of Madison. Now live in Janesville, Still hunt up in Oregon at Dad's farm and land he rents. Working on securing permission on some more land. If any of you close guys would like to get together, and show me what the heck to do.......... Let me know!!!

Odd-ball, Grandparents live in East Troy, strait south of town near Potter rd, nice area.

Where to go to find those Pictures any way???
Tony

I live in River Falls, WI (20 min from St. Paul,MN) and hunt the surrounding area. Need for it to get cold and have some snow on the ground. To hard to see them yotes! A lot of rabbits and other food around for them to eat in my area. Good luck hunting to all!

I live in Manitowoc, and hunt just outside of Maribel. Im new to predator hunting and just got my first call. I seen a red fox while deer hunting and my dad has seen coyote there. Anyone got any tips for hunting fox or coyotes?

Just loaded up some Sierra's 55gr Blitz Kings especially for Mr. Coyote. I hope I get a chance to deliver them. I went out this evening but no luck. We have lost alot of the snow cover in the last few days. It was difficult to see anything tonight. I will have to try well before dark in order for me to see anything. I was out early saturday am before sunup. I had an owl diving on my e-caller and decoy. THAT was exciting.

Its great to see so many from WI. I just registered and am new to the site and the sport. I live near Navarino and have a cabin in Lakewood.So far i havent really been hunting,just trying to locate some using a howler in both areas.No luck so far . Any ideas or locations close to me? I know they are around. A friend of mine hunts with hounds and he does pretty well.

Just found this place today! Nice to see so many from WI! I'm a CO native but going to school in Madison. I haven't got out much since I've been here, and this site doesn't help much! It's tourture!

I hunt in Evansville with a friend of the family. Look forward to checkin the board everyday

Originally posted by litman252:
[qb]Odd-ball, Grandparents live in East Troy, strait south of town near Potter rd, nice area.

Where to go to find those Pictures any way???
Tony[/qb]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif East Troy, Great town. I've hunted around there for 35 years. I used to do a lot of Pheasant hunting on Potter Rd 25-30 yrs ago.

I recient years most of my hunting has been west of Troy. (when I get out)

The map pics? Mapquest. Can't get 'em anymore. They took away the aerial photo feature. There are other places on the net for aerial pics.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anyone else have any luck around WI?

idea.gif
Has anyone hit Kettle Moraine State Forest yet this season?

I've been doing some driving around in that area checking out some old areas. There's a lot of areas that look like they might be productive.

fa1f5cbc.jpg.thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site and live in the SE part of the state.
The previous post about the Kettle Moraine wasn't specific as to the North or South. I'm unfamiliar with the Southern unit. I've hunted the Northern unit for over 20 years (Deer hunting mostly) and never seen a coyote but have seen fox.
I have tried for them a couple times in the NKM with no luck. I may be interested if someone is looking for a hunting partner for a fox/coyote hunt.
I have been hunting crows for the past couple years also as an in-between season.
Anyways, the next month or so should be the best time of the year to bag a coyote or fox!

Thanks, Greg.

Hi Greg. I was refering to the southern unit.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Where-a-bouts in SE WI? Big Bend area here.

As i wrote before, I live near navarino and have a cabin near lakewood. Anyone ever hunted these areas? Whats the best way to locate these wary buggers. Ive tried a howler on cd at night and have had zero response.

Back