Wildlife Technologies new models ?

all i know is i will have one. going to get rid of my open country. occ this will be much lighter.if let's say i had WT sound's would they sound better on the new Foxpro.just curios. like Hand call's. use what make's you Happy.Rick

snuffdog.
I'm going to hold off on posting it anywhere at the moment because I don't know Texas PP regulations yet on posting/reposting their forum information.

bearmanric,
I'd be willing to bet the FoxPro GX7 sounds better than the new KAS2030MS with the same sounds. I just got to listen to a new KAS2030MS that I borrowed from a guy and I can hear white noise in the thing at 7 feet away. That's definitely something I wouldn't expect to find in a caller that claims only professional audio equipment sound quality.

It was my post on predator posse that got locked up and I don't know about any new caller from fox pro but hands down the WT is better IMO. I ha e played music through both. Maybe the new FP might be better but thair sounds are not close to WT
The 700 dollar fx5 I had would not work unless you picked it up 3' off the ground. After the furry came out I was told they were aware of this problem( I must have lost my recall notice ) I have purchased my calls from both companies so I am in no way biased from free or discounted calls. Between the 2 WT is #1
For me I have used every call in this thread and my favorite are Gametraks and WT
I have never had a problem with WT customer service and have not spoke with anyone who has and Gametraks has it all and there customer service is second to none.

I know the foxpro guys will jump on me here but I have only stated my opinion after spending thousands of dollars on calls in the last year.

I have held in my hand...but never actually used on a stand...
the FoxPro non-remote unit that predated the FX3;
the FX3;
the FX5;
a Fury;
a Scorpion;
an older WT (model unknown)
a Phantom;
a Nite Stalker;
a Minaska M1
a Minaska Bandit (I think that's the correct name...it's the one w/the huge speaker)

Personally, of these, the only ones that I felt were built tough enough, & would be reliable...the Minaskas & the FoxPros.
But I just can't bring myself to spend the money for calls that are constantly being so debated about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
If it works for you, then by all means use the dang thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
This is why I always have, & will continue to use only hand calls. That way, I have no one to complain about except myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eddie,
The thread that I have was started by Clay Reid. You came in on post #7 after Martz posted. Did you send the music to WT to put on the caller and if so what bitrate and frequency was requested? Personally I think the FoxPro Mark II rabbit distress sounds are better than the WT rabbit distress sounds. Everybody is going to have their opinion on sounds, but there is no way anybody can claim one companies sounds are better all around than any other companies. On this new FoxPro GX7/TOA model playing true 24bit sounds, it should sound better than the WT. Maybe I'm missing something on that one, but the final filter in the system is the speaker and up to that point in the chain the FoxPro playing 24b/48k will sound better and I'd put money on it. I know that there is white noise coming from the KAS2030MS I listened to, anybody else hear it? Not that the animals care, but if a company is going to claim professional audio quality, it should sound like it.

mine only has the white noise on afew sounds and its got to be as load as you can get it, but i can tell it then, still like my call though

Are you telling me that u had white noise on the Wt? And not on FP? I do not have any white noise unless volume maxed and I am very close to speaker to hear. This is the case with both. This is not distortion. As far as playing the music was all mp3 format the same on all callers. The new called may be better? Have not tested it. Also someone posted lack of distance on the remote I have tested both the gametraks and the WT at over 500 yards with no issues at all with either. I had lots of issues with the FP. This new called may blow them all away? Maybe they have worked out all the bugs? But if you purchased a fx6 and a fx5 as I did and had issues with both (known issues) I can't afford to keep funding there research

I just want them to work when I turn them on

Snowcamoman,
The thread was orriganllybstarted by me then bob at tpp made clay sart his own about Wt then he did and the Martz posted and then Dillon posted the Bob banned Martz and let dillon continue to bash him. Post them let everyone see what was posted.

Everytime WT is mentioned all the FP fan club jump in and start putting down WT they are differant calls ford and chevy if you will this thread was supposed to be about WT?

Eddie,
I don't have a Fury yet, however I don't get white noise on my Scorpion or FX5 like this new KAS-2030MS. It's not major white noise, but I can hear it at 7 ft away. It's not the speaker, I pulled it off and ran other callers through it and it's fine. How did you play mp3 on the new WT? Did you buy the new WT under the premonition that it was a 24bit caller? If it were me, I'd seriously think about getting my money back due to the false advertising, no matter how good it sounds. I have another new WT that I'll be checking out soon and will let you know if that one has white noise as well.

Edit:
I know this thread is about WT, that's what we're talking about here. I'm talking about problems with the new KAS2030MS and the false claims made about it. So Martz was banned from Texas PP too? Again, I don't know TPP regs their forum material, so I'll sit on it for now. You mentioned problems with the FoxPro's, so it's all good, everybody should hear and see what every manufacturer is about. I believe FoxPro has fixed their remote issues (correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder if WT will fix the non 24bit issue?

Last edited:
I don't know if it's 24 bit or not due to the test you are referring to and the only person saying otherwise was dillon from FP I listen to both. Been in the music industry my whole life got a pretty good ear
I would like to here the new FP but I am a big fan of real animal sounds IMO I think. WT sounds better

Last edited:
Eddie,
I'd say it's not 24 bit either since I can see all of the files on the caller and they match file sizes exactly to the old 16bit 32khz files. I have access to an oscilloscope if you want me to run the same test that FoxPro did. I know that I'll come up with the same 16bit 32khz results though. Trust me, if it's a lie, Martz would've called FoxPro and got it taken off the site.

Does ur foxpro sound better than WT?
Is ur foxpro as loud /clear
Does ur remote on ur foxpro work as well as the WT?

Eddie,
My FoxPro setup sounds better than the new KAS2030. The one I use though is the Scorpion with a 10Watt Toa horn and 15W TOA midsection if that helps. You can bet that the new GX7/TOA setup is going to sound better than the WT and I'd put money on that. How can it not sound better with true 24bit sounds playing through it with a low noise circuit design?

The FoxPro doesn't seem to be as loud, but I haven't tested it yet. It's as clear though and doesn't have the white noise. That's playing the same sounds 16bit 32khz in both, apples to apples.

My FoxPro remote (TX500) works just as good as the WT, only I don't need two hands to run it. There's no way I can use some of the WT features: Previous (SHIFT plus Play) button or Max/Min Volume (SHIFT plus Vol up/down) with one hand.

Is your new WT 24 bit? I thought this was a WT thread.

Note: You can get all real animal sounds from FoxPro if you choose those sounds. Look at the Mark II library and a majority of the standard sound library as well. If you've watched sound libraries in the past few years, you'll notice that WT has added a handful of new rabbits, fox, and birds while FoxPro has added an entirely new sound library with around 100 new high quality (24bit) sounds. Food for thought.

Have to say that all this bashing does nothing except taint this forum. I own a WT and and OCC (FP). When played, the sounds from the WT sound clearer than the FP. Not just my opinion, but my hunting buddies as well.

Everyone has their own opinion. You can throw all of the stats you want. When I hear an FP TOA and can judge it for myself, then I'll be able to make a qualified comment. Until then, those specs that are published mean nothing until you can hear a difference.

If you haven't heard them both, then maybe you should listen to both with an open mind. Don't bash the caller because of the owners. If they both are acting like kids, then let them do that outside of the forums. This choosing sides is like being on a playground in grade school.

The sounds of the WT are going to be hard to beat . Mike Dillon is supposed to be here this month to prove he can beat the WT but I havent heard from him in awhile .

I have both but the fx3 has spent more time on the shelf broken . Until someone beats it The WT stands supreme .
I mean a man can get along great with either and I have but its obvious at this point .
I will say this with money on the line I know wich one im pulling out . Heck I hope no one buys one of the things .
Clay Reid .

Quote:
Official Score: Me-5 and Dad-1

Looks like many years of calling exspeariance there, so i guess he would know.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I think F-P should open their contest up to all brands of callers rather than just F-P. That wouldbe a good way to campare which caller dose a better job.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back