Wildlife Technologies new models ?

ADC, my 2030 has a battery pack that's like 8 AA's packaged together, it's from the RC Car world. I haven't been able to kill it yet in a day. I've done over 6 hours total run time on 5 different stands in 20 degree weather, on full volume, on many many occasions. It's never died, I'm really impressed with it. Not heavy at all.

I assume the new units use the same packs, but can be wired to use racks of rechargable AA's like the other makers use if you want. Not sure.

I really like the look of that mini unit, although I have a leather strap on my 2030 and don't mind carrying it at all. I have a M1 for a backup, and really like it, but that small unit is sure tempting!

Quote:
everyone says the sound quality is the best there is.

Yea yotecallr,
Foxpro's going to have to load that new high dollar recording equiptment up and get out and get some MORE good 24-bit files of live coyote vocals if they want to keep up with WT.
GAJoe

Last edited:
Yotecallr,
The new WT callers do indeed look sweet. I can't be sure, but I believe they are still using the same remote control technology as last years callers. This would seem to place the reliable remote control range to be about same as a Minaska Bandit or a Foxpro FX & Scorpion. If long range remote control reliability when calling the thick stuff is not a concern, I see no real reason not to go with your own gut feeling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Since my own main concerns are long range remote control issues, I am more excited about the new Foxpro Fury. Now if sound quality is your main concern, you would likely do well by trying what I now do. I plug a 15 Watt TOA speaker into my Scorpion, and WOW, what a difference. No caller can produce million dollar sounds out of a 10.00 speaker

TA17Rem, thanks for the input... it was your post on Midwest Predator that got my attention about the WT. AP Jones will call me when they come in so it's just a matter of time. I just don"t like having to plug in an extra speaker to get more voume IF I need it, when the WT has the extra volume built in the unit itself.

TA yes if you find a battery store they handle the same battery as you get from Minaska! Or better yet spend 25.00 for 2 spares and you won't need to run to the store for a few years or more as those batteries last well! Plus they will hold that charge for more than 4-6 days sitting in your caller bag! LOL.

ADC coyote. I'm in the process of getting a few extra batteries for my BC for back-up.. What i was getting at was you won't find to many BC batteries out in the sticks, but most gas stations handle the AAA's.
I like the new WT's and plan on getting the smaller model later this year to go along with the WT i got last year..

I should have added, anyone that shoots coyotes with a 17 Remington has got his act together, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif but that's another topic here.

I should have added, anyone that shoots coyotes with a 17 Remington has got his act together, but that's another topic here.

Oh yes it is LOL!

But by the specs this new WT shows a 10 watt speaker so I don't think it will be near as loud as the larger model?

"But by the specs this new WT shows a 10 watt speaker so I don't think it will be near as loud as the larger model?"
---------------------------
ADC,
You are correct sir.

"I should have added, anyone that shoots coyotes with a 17 Remington has got his act together, but that's another topic here."
-------------------------
I am betting that before the winter is over, those .17 shooters will also be in great physical condition. Chasing wounded coyotes would be great exercise.

No different than the 10 watt TOA that comes on the Minaska Big Country bandit! Plus you have another speaker for more added volume on it as well!

Yotecallr, 17's aren't allowed in my truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Bring your long range thumper witch cha, when ya come up LOL!

Quote:
Thanks Joe, the new WT caller AP Jones will be stocking has 40 sounds, all for predators, so that is really more than enough, and how the sounds are processed as the come out of the speaker must be correct because everyone says the sound quality is the best there is. For $490 in a caller the size of a FX series, that ain't a bad package. Time will tell.
Here is the link I am interested in. Model KAS-2030MS

www.wildlifetech.com/pages/product.html

Seams this company is either really dumb or very dishonest.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/product_custom.php

Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Joe, the new WT caller AP Jones will be stocking has 40 sounds, all for predators, so that is really more than enough, and how the sounds are processed as the come out of the speaker must be correct because everyone says the sound quality is the best there is. For $490 in a caller the size of a FX series, that ain't a bad package. Time will tell.
Here is the link I am interested in. Model KAS-2030MS

www.wildlifetech.com/pages/product.html

Seams this company is either really dumb or very dishonest.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/product_custom.php

Hammer

You need to learn to read between the lines. You can spin anything these days to support your side of the story. I'm sure the truth is being stretched on both sides. I have a WT and it sounds great - I really like the coyote vocals. I have a FP and it too sounds great - their distress sounds are awesome. Are both exactly what they say? Who knows. However, both are excellent and you need to choose what fits your fancy and tastes. What is great about FP's custom version is it will push WT. If WT responds, they will push FP. As a consumer, that's what we want.

Quote:
You need to learn to read between the lines. You can spin anything these days to support your side of the story. I'm sure the truth is being stretched on both sides.

Manufactures will tell the custmer what they want to hear in order to increase their sales And some will modify there callers anyway you want just as long as you pay the money.
Bill knows as well as his customers that you don't need all those bells and whistles to be successfull at calling coyotes so Bill dose'nt cater to it..
I noticed on another site that F-P is comeing out with another caller, its a plastic clone to the WT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back