Wildlife Technologies new models ?

Quote:
tc you ever tryed a wt, or hunt much behind one?

I wouldn't own a WT if it was the best caller in the world and they gave it to me for free. In fact I'd shoot it with my shotgun and blow it to pieces.

t/c223encore.

tc good to see your not riding the fence on this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, i was just wondering if you had used one and didnt like it or didnt like the owner.

I used a FP 416B for 2 years with very limited success. In fact, I had more responses with hand calls. What concerned me most was that the sounds on the caller didn't sound like those of real animals, and apparently the coyotes knew it too. I always wanted to own a WT because of the testimonials I read. The price was out of my range. When WT came out with the new model at $499.000 I sold my FP and bought one. My response rate has jumped 70%. The coyote sounds are definitely the real thing. You fine gentlemen can discuss this topic for a record number of pages, but the debate is over for me. I got what I wanted and I'm getting what I want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:
So you've been hunting coyotes with an ecaller for two years and now you've taken 70% more coyotes than what? Very limited success? Exactly what is very limited success in numbers?

If you believe the only reason you've been successful is using a WT caller then more power to you!
WT callers are good machines, I won't say anything bad about them but I won't believe that is the only reason you've finally called in coyotes either.

Nikonut

A guy that has learned everything he has to know about calling doesnt know much .
I love going to all these contest around the state because i pick up something from someone everywhere I go and that makes me a better hunter .
A lot of my friends give me a hard time about divulging lil trade secrets to anyone that asks . Well someone told me so I feel I should pay it forward and help someone else .
Its kind of like I told my son when him and his 1st girlfriend broke up . He was all upset about it and I said "Boy theres lots of candy bars out there " He looked at me like i was carzy and said "whatcha mean by that "
I told that son of mine that that 1st friggin candy bar I ever ate I thought man thats the best thing I ever ate in my life ....then all the sudden someone give me another kind and Ill be danged if that one wasnt better than the 1st one . Since then ive eaten a whole lot of candy bars and ill tell you right quick that the 3 musketeers is the best I ever ate .
Now it would have really sucked had i quit on the 1st one I tried . Candy bars , girls and electronic callers . Try em all for you quit on one .
By the way my wife hates that analogy . LOL

I'd be upset though if I thought I was buying Snickers(24bit) and it turned out to be a Butterfinger(16bit). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Well, I will probably own both brands because.....sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Clay I know all i need to know.

Fallow clay to the pasture, set up behind him, and shoot as fast as i can before clay :)

what else do i need to know?

The Mark II sound library are all recorded 24bit, which I think it says on the website or was posted on this forum by Mike Dillon. The standard library has a mix of different recording bitrates with 24bit sounds underlined. See here:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/soundlist.pdf

I think J. Holly was referencing the WT sound library, but I could be wrong. Up to this point it appears as though WT has not put out a 24bit caller or had 24bit sounds available on their callers though.

Eddie,
Are you still doing an e-caller test? If so, which models will you be doing it on? Thanks.

Didnt they have the mark 11 sounds before they wer useing 24 bit? just wondering if they rerecorded them or upconverted them?

They didn't make the Mark II sound library until they had a 24bit recorder. They downverted them to 16bit for the FX5/Scorpion and now that they have a 24bit model, they have the original 24bit versions available.

Are you still doing your e-caller test Eddie?

The information I was able to squeeze out of Steve (Dillion) was that all of the Mark II sounds were originally recorded in 24 bit, just waiting on the Fury to come to the market. I know sometimes you have to put the cart before the horse, but at least Foxpro did the recording knowing that they were eventually going to release a unit capable of 24 bit audio.

I will be the first one to tell you that a difference can be heard between the 16 bit and 24 bit foxpro sounds. Now, this could be many things, including equipment used to record, the microphones, the dubbing, the background, the sound type, etc. However, to me, the Mark II stuff is cleaner, more pure sound. I would think that this is a better microphone, done in a more sound friendly environment, with better recording equipment. That is a trained ear speaking...but like I said, it could be variables of these things.

Now, I am also one of the first to tell you that I am inpressed by SOME of the WT sounds. I am also impressed by most of the JS sounds. What does that mean? Well, I want a 24 bit calling unit with a good speaker setup. I want one that I can load various sounds on at my descretion. I think that the new unit from Foxpro is the unit to have, at least for the time being.

Quote:
So you've been hunting coyotes with an ecaller for two years and now you've taken 70% more coyotes than what? Very limited success? Exactly what is very limited success in numbers?

If you believe the only reason you've been successful is using a WT caller then more power to you!
WT callers are good machines, I won't say anything bad about them but I won't believe that is the only reason you've finally called in coyotes either.

Nikonut

Your interpretation of my post is incorrect. I've been hunting with an e-caller for a lot more than 2 years. I still have and use my LOUDMOUTH if that tells you anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For 2 years I called with a FP. I revised the word "success" in my post to "response." I miss more than I hit. I need to change guns too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My numbers (a few dozen) aren't even in the ballpark many highly successful callers, but with my figures I got 70% more responses when I used my WT. Of course there are other variables, but I was hunting the same locations. I am convinced the WT caller was a significant factor in getting more repsonses.

mifox,
Do you think it's the caller itself or the sounds being played? I only ask because for those guys who already have a collection of WT sounds, the GX7 would be the route to take. I'm just interested in what other variables changed to have that large of an increase (volume, clarity, sounds, remote range?)

Lots of things a man has to do right but this caller will compensate for a lot of screw ups by an amateur caller .

Explain this to me please , how can a Electronic caller compensate for a screw up on set up.I can always use a new trick , I am at a loss as how this could be done .

TA as for montana , dont have the time BUT the offer still stands if you want to come up here ,Ill even share a stand or several and you can SHOW me why the W.T. is superior .The ones I have used were not , you must have a new magic model . Jerry .

Hey Mifox,

I stand corrected and apologize! Seems to me anyone that bought a "Loudmouth" was looking for the edge techwise, I almost bought one, almost! I was waiting on the new housing to be built when they folded.
Good caller judging from the one I saw... definitely ahead of it's time. I think you might be underestimating your own knowledge of your setups. I have several spots that I always go back to and I keep looking at them in different ways. I've called coyotes on about every part of those properties.
I think we often put too much faith, expectation, or wishful thinking into hunting predators and the tools we use to do that... I've seen coyotes and never even used a call of any type so it has to be more than just a sound or a certain tool.
Having the best tool, the tool that works best for you, will always be a personal choice but the higher the mark gets set the better for all of us!

I also think that believing in your personal equipment is a good thing. I wouldn't want to carry something that didn't work or that I wasn't happy with!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok mr. malbrek
When using this The WT you can run it wide open as far as volume without fear of spooking the animal . when the caller is at a high level of volume it will hide any noise that you may be producing .Ive had lots of guys ask me about calling with the high volume ....its never been a problem .
When the animals come in they come in so fast that they could really give a rats arse if your there or not . Ive had them come in so fast into my wind that they didnt even flinch
You know all this technical jargin is way over my head but I know what works and what doesnt work in the field .
Now this new foxpro with the TOA speaker just like the WT is probably going to be the ticket because the sound quality will improve when you hit a higher volume . Ive always like some of the sounds by foxpro but with the speaker set up it had it was far inferior to the WT .
I know that im probably not going to change MR. malbreks mind as he seems to have it made up . Im not trying to either ....just giving an opinion .
I will be getting one of these new Foxpros because this dog aint ever through trying to better my game .
Right now this caller has won me a lot of money over the years and I was the worst skeptic of all to the WT but after winning 5 grand the 1st time I used it I was soon won over to the darkside .
Take all that I say with a grain of salt but i can provide a list of calling champions that use it . Im one .
Clay Reid .

CR,
My WT, AR and I would be happy tag along and watch you and WT, FP or Harmonica anytime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
DCK

Back