what was the first rifle or shotgun you recieved?

lon0121

mine was a old bb gun but my first shotgun was an old mossberg 20 gauge bolt action, i think i sold it when i was 15 for 70 bucks! my first rifle was a savage semi auto 22!

Remington Nylon 66 in Mohawk Brown!! Around the mid 60's.
It was a Christmas present to both me and my brother.
He still has it to this day.

My first real firearm was a Glenfield bolt action .22 that I bought for just over $30.00 when I was 12 yrs old. It came with a cheap 4x scope that I don't recall the make of. These rifles were made by Marlin. I bought mine at Montgomery Wards.

I dont remember for sure which one I got first but it was either a 1952 Mossberg bolt action 20 GA that my grandpa gave me or the Marlin Model 60 that my parents bought me. I know ive had the 20 GA for atleast 15 years bc I got it when I was 10. My grandpa worked all summer long one year putting up hay to buy that gun and had it for 43 years and only put about 2 boxes of shells through it. I dont know how he managed that but the gun is still in excellent condition and I will never part ways with it.

First "real" rifle of my own was a Remington fieldmaster 121 .22, I got it when I was 11 I think. First shotgun was an 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge. Take that hunting ALL THE TIME!!
laugh.gif
Those are the first guns I've had all to myself. My brother and have a few .22s together.

It was an old savage bolt .22 with peep sights. It didn't function worth a darn but it was deadly accurate. My first new firearm was a Marlin model 60 for my 12th birthday. First shotgun was a savage model 820-B. I could kill anything with that gun!

New England Firearms/H&R Pardner single shot 20 gauge and I still don't even have one box of shells through it. Anyone interested???

Last edited:
First rifle Marlin/Glenfield mod. 60 when I was 10yrs old. Shotgun a year later was an Ithica Super Single 20 ga.Still have the rifle and wish I could say the same for the shotgun, which I sold for $50 about 20yrs ago.The ones I`ve looked at on gunbroker fetch around $400. ???

Back