What happened to Predator Masters???

AWS

I agree with tasteful images and the like! I get that. I don’t think eliminating those types of pictures is causing this forum to have less participation.

I also don’t believe allowing a company to “free load” by advertising there products is causing it either. However, if I use a product that is not supporting this page so be it. I’m not saying this is happening but I sense issues with this from some of the responses.

All I am saying is that something needs to be done before PM is a distant memory.

Have a great day
Steve

Originally Posted By: BangFlop
All I am saying is that something needs to be done before PM is a distant memory.

SA1DrH3h.jpg

No one cares. ... not just about this site or the people on it, but anything. People literally do not care about anything.

That's why this site and others will continue to dwindle. No one stands for anything... no one cares about anything. Everything is taken for granted and nothing is worth conflict. No one wants to put in the time, but everyone wants to talk. Loud mouths that are mediocre at everything and extremely good at nothing, are the ones with all the posts. People trying desperately to make others believe they are something they are not. By day they clean toilets... but by night they are masters of all things firearm. Not to worry though... they "go to the range" and their wife karen lets them setup a 6 sq. ft. reloading bench in the back of her walk in closet... so they can keep their skills up.

... and it's a big shocker to someone that people don't want to participate in that environment?

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGPosting pics isn't as easy here, but it's not that bad with a free Flickr account.

Watermelon 6DTI 55gr NBT-LF.
41524188630_7eec89f079_c.jpg

Rock chuck 17rem 25gr HP.
40064887540_a4e656ae9b_c.jpg

Is that a splash entrance hole on that watermelon or a exit hole? LOL

Just kidding.

Great pictures!

orkan

It’s precisely that attitude that is killing this forum! If you don’t care, move on!

I for one care about a lot of things in life contrary to your post, so please don’t stereotype.

You have been a member since 2003, with 1700 posts, so apparently you do care or maybe you are part of the problem?

Steve

Originally Posted By: AWSI personally see the need for political correctness in some instances. Any picture that doesn't show respect for the animals we kill can come back and used against us. I always try and pose kills so there is little to complain about other than it is dead. Desert Rams last post about his first coyote of the season is a perfect example it was a great picture of a dead coyote posed to show the equipment he used and how really handsome the coyote was.

This is the internet the pictures aren't just between us they are there for the whole world to see and can help form an image of us as predator hunters. You might not care how others feel about a gruesome photo of a dead coyote but if it helps to end coyote hunting I sure do.

I really don't care what Anti's think, they want to ban firearms and hunting no matter what the cause. I do agree we need to have level of respect when posting pictures / vids etc. and I agree with the forum rules correlating to this topic.

This is a new era, and many in the next gen don't understand a lot of things, especially hunting related. If we can educate them, I've found a lot of them will accept and are willing to at least try to understand what we do.

Originally Posted By: AWS As far as equipment bias buy the management, sponsors are paying the bills and more than once I've seen people trying to use discussions to promote their products without having to pay for the advertising. I will say that it that the censorship is not as bad as it was 15 years ago. You can actually discuss different products just don't try and promote the sales. How would you feel if you owned a business and one of your competitors put a sign advertising his company on your front lawn.

I also agree with this, BUT I've talked with many people who don't participate here because of a lot of the topics previously discussed, most of which forgot more about this lifestyle than any will ever know.

This forum has been a great place, full of very very good people, I enjoy it, and hope it continues to grow. I was fortunate to be a mod, and got some first hand on how certain things go.

I know since I've started a hobby business, I can't advertise anything without paying for a sponsorship, I've done it in the past, and would love to continue to do so, IF the numbers added up, but they don't on my end. Especially with social media and the ease of getting content out there for people to soak up.

One of the most enjoyable things for me to do is give fellas advice based on my experience with product. Some guys appreciate it, some frown upon, and some could care less.

I've been very blessed in this life to get my hands on equipment most will never have the chance to use. Everything from 50 different suppressors to over 30 different NV and Thermal devices. Not to sell, not to promote, but to use, hunting, and shooting.

I talk to people daily who don't know where to start, whether it be the difference between monocore vs. baffles, or a 17 ULIS vs. a 12 BAE, to "what's better to spend my money on" the more affordable Wilcox Modular Folding Bridge arm or the Red Queen Effect Dual Bridge.

I've said this in our podcast and I'll say it again, I learn from my failures, not only from my personal decisions, but from getting my hands on equipment that will not work for what I do. I enjoy passing that onto people who can't get their hands on what we can. Over the past years I've concluded it's not a smart business decision for me to pay for a sponsorship here just so I can talk about what I use, and how I use it, there seems to be too many conflicts. I know that's one of the main reasons I've been a lurker, and not a poster lately.

I'm not the smartest person out there, but I've messaged mods, and asked if they would like to exchange advertising. I would love to help promote them, we've been a part of a 40 million hit video, I would think we could put a link to this forum out there, and drive a few subscribers here... I just had 2 Elk Hunting clients, both avid Coyote hunters, guys who know what they are doing, watch our vids, and facebook, but they had never heard of Predator Masters, so I told them to get an account.

We could do some neat and fun stuff, but it seems a lot of the sponsors here don't allow the mods to like the idea.

skinney

I think you are spot on! You should be able to share your experiences, both hunting and product without having to be a sponsor, even if that means no links or anything other than a “review” of your personal experiences.

Knowledgeable people, common sense moderation and a few updates and this place would once what it use to be.

Thanks for all you contribute!

Steve

Loud mouths that are mediocre at everything and extremely good at nothing, are the ones with all the posts. People trying desperately to make others believe they are something they are not. By day they clean toilets... but by night they are masters of all things firearm. Not to worry though... they "go to the range" and their wife karen lets them setup a 6 sq. ft. reloading bench in the back of her walk in closet... so they can keep their skills up.

... and it's a big shocker to someone that people don't want to participate in that environment? [/quote]

This comment speaks for itself.

Last edited:
The lack of pictures makes PM less interesting. It's easier on Facebook groups, and you get faster (but not necessarily better quality) responses. The downside is your real name is attached to your content (matters for some more than others).

37772665022_fe0638d1c0_c.jpg

DiRTY DOG

I would agree with you on the ease of posting pictures. However, that can be changed. On the main forum I am on, it is as simple as clicking attach picture and choose from your phones pictures.

It’s clear that some simple changes need to be made and this site would get better!

Have a great evening Sir!

Steve

Originally Posted By: BangFlopYou have been a member since 2003, with 1700 posts, so apparently you do care or maybe you are part of the problem?

Steve Go check my post count in the last 2 years.

Hey, I'm totally fine watching this place self destruct. ... or more like commit suicide. The reasons have been listed before. Nothing was done about it then. Nothing will be done about it now.

Yes, the site software can be changed.

That's easy to say, turns out not so easy to do. We have made multiple attempts to migrate from this platform to a more modern one and so far, all efforts have failed. Quite a bit of work and a fair bit of money has gone into the attempts.

One way we could do this easily and affordably would be to simply start from scratch. Everyone would have to register again & just start over. None of the posts, pics, nothing from the last 20 years. I've been on sites where that was done and no one was happy with the outcome.

That would be easy and affordable, though.

We have over 20 years of history in our database and would really like to keep it. While it's possible, making such a migration turns out to be quite a lot of work and when you see that phrase, what it translates to as a practical matter is quite a lot of money. Amounts that exceed what we can afford to pay.

There is one platform I've had my eye on for some years now. I know that moving the data from this one to that is possible with little to no loss likely. It's a far superior software package and supports all the stuff that we and likely our members would really like to have. Post likes, easy linking to social media, opt-in forum visibility, with performance to handle a greatly larger number of users than we have, all sorts of stuff.

The technology is there. The ability to pay the bill to move to it is lacking.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGPosting pics isn't as easy here, but it's not that bad with a free Flickr account.

Watermelon 6DTI 55gr NBT-LF.
41524188630_7eec89f079_c.jpg

Rock chuck 17rem 25gr HP.
40064887540_a4e656ae9b_c.jpg

That looks more like Rock Chunks than a Rock Chuck.

Stu Farish

Thank you for reading. I’m pretty sure we all realize that everything takes money.

I don’t think “starting over” is such a bad thing personally. Can the information from all these years be left in archive form, where it isn’t gone but new posts cannot be made?

Please just try to make it better! I have always liked this page and most of the people on it.

Have a great day, and thank you for all your hard work!!

Steve

Not that it matters now, but when I first joined I sent a private message to pm_administration about a couple questions and never even got a response.

I really appreciate this site. Over the years lots of guys have given me some pretty good advice and now I try to do the same. I've made a lot of contacts because of this site and a few new friends.
I will continue to participate here regardless of the few cry babies and know-it-alls, whom no one who really matters listen to anyway.
I pay attention to the guys who post the photos and videos, they prove that they know what they are doing and are worth paying attention to. I ignore the guys who come here just to start an argument. They are just looking for attention, they don't get it from me.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishYes, the site software can be changed.

There is one platform I've had my eye on for some years now. I know that moving the data from this one to that is possible with little to no loss likely. It's a far superior software package and supports all the stuff that we and likely our members would really like to have. Post likes, easy linking to social media, opt-in forum visibility, with performance to handle a greatly larger number of users than we have, all sorts of stuff.

The technology is there. The ability to pay the bill to move to it is lacking.

Mind sharing which platform you'd like to move to? And as long as I'm being nosey about it, just how much money are we talking about?

I thought you could get migrated to something like xenforo or invision for about a thousand dollars. Lots of people out there doing it that advertise migrating a million posts for less than that. Some of the other new/modern platforms even have free migration utilities, though a bridge might be required for some.

Just trying to wrap my head around what the scope of the problem here. From the outside it doesn't look all that daunting or expensive?

Might add, too, since money is the objection, that paid advertising options on the new platforms are far more attractive to the advertisers than the back to the nineties banner ads this place has now. Frankly, I'm kind of surprised you can even sell a banner ad these days. But I'd be even more surprised if they were really working for the people who are buying them.

- DAA

Back