What do you do for a living?

I'm a diesel mechanic for 28 years. I've been with the same International dealership for 23 1/2 years. I've never seen a layoff but have been cut back on the OT and may be sent home for lack of work. Luckily, I'm the only one on swing shift that gets my full 80 hours or close to it. A couple of the guys only got 16- 24 hours last week.

RTLOF(TONY)

I am a union carpenter 30 yrs.I work for king county dept.of transportation airport division 24 yrs.I live near
Seattle Washington.I am fortunate we are only being asked to take ten days off with no pay for 2009.

I'm a construction warehouse coordinator, that means everything that needs to be done I do. I'm retiring in 46 days and the boss keeps asking me if that realy what I want to. Since I've moved to the coast (21 yrs) this is the fourth company I've worked for and never had a layoff, or even a day off between employers.

AWS

I sell doors and cabinets to general contractors and have for over 35 years. Very scarey out there. It's as bad as I've ever seen it. Thankfully my company is staying busy but lots have not been as lucky. I'm afraid the next year or so is going to be very tough.

I am a wildlife technician, took a lot of schooling to get where I'm at, and I'm maintaing a full time job while going back to school for a masters degree. I work outside everyday, not always doing the the "fun stuff" but I have a job that I love doing.

I hope everything will work out for you on the job. From what I read and hear there are sure lots of good people losing there jobs these days, a shame.
What do I do for a living. Right now I am a burden to the American Taxpayers (social security which I paid into for 45 years) and all the working members of the UMWA. Before retiring I was an underground coal mine electrician/mechanic. I tried a couple other occupations and even tried the college thing for a couple months, always went back to the mine.

Last edited:
28 years in the Gas patch.Ive about done it all before then Timber faller in the 70s pipeline construction Highway const. Heavey equipt operator. Coyote eliminator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif Make that 32 years in the gas patch getting ready to retire I hope..........

Last edited:
Retired from the Federal Government. I worked as an Air Traffic Controller for 32 years. Went to work the next day for an air traffic contractor as a quality assurance manager for the western U.S.

I work in the oilfield and have for the last 28 year's. I have worked in the same area and for the most part on the same well's but the name has changed 10 time's or more in that length of time. I have made it through some pretty rough times before but for some reason this time it feels a little different, kinda scary.

I was a Pennsylvania State Trooper for 30 yrs. Now that pension and a little SS. Was doing some Private Investigation work after I retired in 99. Did that for about 4 yrs now I just Hunt, Ride my Harley, and try to enjoy life or whats left of it. Bending over lately trying to get ready for the Obama shaft that is coming.

I work at a gold mine, I am a Warehouse Tech. pretty much someone needs somthin i get it for em. i dont get to play on the big equipment but im really close to it all day, it pretty cool.

ive just caught wind of a hireing freeze here..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:
Hardcoreslot,
I looked at your Remington R-15 and I decided I would take that ugly thing off your hands. You don't want something like that cluttering up your safe. How much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:
Unemployed... Ex Sportsmans Warehouse Assistant Hunting Department Manager... Telephone and data cable installer...Ex Hazmat Lab Tech/ Fire assayer for plating sludge... Heavy equipment mechanic/operator... Auto mechanic... there is a few others

Quote:
Hardcoreslot,
I looked at your Remington R-15 and I decided I would take that ugly thing off your hands. You don't want something like that cluttering up your safe. How much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i couldnt, with a clean concience, pawn off my junk just to make a quick buck.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've been a commercial salmon fisherman in Bristol Bay Alaska for 40 years. And a house husband when I'm not fishing. Just joined the site cuz we have a aggressive young cougar on my farm and I have declared war.

Back