took out the lamb killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmiddleton

a rancher sent me out to the lambing ground this morning to help with some coyote problems this morning.
talked to the herder and she said that fish the state trapper was out the morning befor and took out a pair and the den but she still had a lone one coming in from the other side. i went in this morning and called he showed at 200 yds i put a 80 gr 243 right down his mouth. didn't make a pritty pic but he wont kill any more lambs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I know Mr. Fish. I have a couple of his calls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Good job on the transient.

stopped on the way home from work and took out a female on the end of the seven buttes thats 17 i have taken out of this ranch, the helicopter took 15 the plane got 2 fish took 4 anouther caller took 4 still anouther took 2. 44 coyotes and still losing lambs.
hope we get a handle on them soon.

Sounds like he's sneakin' round your back door, Cal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe Tim needs more help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

With as many as you've taken it's a wonder you have any sheep left...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Load another mag and get after em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

cal its b.b. brooks just out of casper. dean and jay waterman have the lease for grazing but the new owners are spliting it up into 40 acres ranchettes so its probubly a limitied time thing.
kelly glouse use to work there for nickalasion, i called it all the time back in my prime for ed steconhoff excuse the spelling. now days i don't have the time to do as well as i use to.
i'm not sure what the girl with the sheeps name is but her folks have a big ranch out by powder river.
the ranch is 16000 acres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
p.s sounded like tim did a good job no longer than he was there. i hadn't called sence the end of march out there been busy finding deer sheds found over 300 on this ranch this year only about 40 browns though.

Last edited:
Spoke with one of my farmer friends last night. He said, "coyotes" took one of his ewe's two wks ago. Came back 5 days later, & took another. Missing one of their cats as well.

State trapper, took out a pr & their pups some yrs back. Farmer, has a large barn with hayloft doors[sniper-roost] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, overlooking the section. Should be interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

i want to set the record straight on this got the lamb killer first off the helichopter never flew on the brooks ranch it killed 18 coyotes on the shamrock which borders the brooks place i know cause i was the gunner the air plane killed 16 coyotes on the east side of the ormsby road which doesnt take in any of the pastures in question i was there 1 day killed 2 old coyotes took a den with 8 pups these were the sheep killers i dont know what you killed but they are probaly conected to a den somewhere which you have made a mess of even if you got 1 of the old coyotes with getting the pups you havent solved any thing there allways other coyotes there to feed them usally that will be lamb. so you killed 18 coyotes i dought that just be cause you were so willing to mis represent the rest of the facts and even if you did why are you in here pounding your chest about it your not even up to my best day yet

Welcome Tim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif It is always a pleasure to have another professional added to the roster here. Your years of experience and knowlege of technique would be a real asset. I like your direct approach in "clearing the air", too. Hope to see many more posts from you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome to the board Fish!

Tim, I don't know you from Adam, but if Nasa talks about you that way then you are certainly a fine fellow! I look forward to hearing more from you here. We certainly need learned folks like yourself! Experience like yours is hard to find. Thanks for joining up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

P.S. Be sure to check out the "Calls" sections!

Welcome fish. NASA is my hero and some day I hope to grow to be just like him. His support and recommendation are golden. Again, welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Good one Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tim, ...again, welcome to the board! It can be a wild and crazy place sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

dean waterman told me you guys flew the old murphy place back in late feb or early march tim, he is the one keeping track of what has been shot. he told me that some where shot at the seven buttes some where taken at the merphy place and two were shot on the micinan place while cornering one calf.
in late january i called at the murphy place and brought in 8 in one set i told him then to get you guys out that there was more then i could handle i took two of the 8
on the same trip i took one of three behind the corrals just off ormsby rd..
i took two behide the ranch house by i-25 and two from what they call the high country.
i took two from the seven buttes and one from the sheep shed and wind mill below the big prarie dog town south of ormsby.
one from up the dry creek from there. one just off the highway at the new b.b. brooks sign driving in one more at the secound to last butte on the east side
one on the rock pile driving into the omni tower, i shot one and my son shot one just after the last cattle guard going to the omni tower on top the butte to the east.
this last one in the draws to the west of the omni tower. this one is the first time i have called sence the end of march. so i haven't made a mess of anything but coyotes.
i respect what you do and would love to hunt with you some day. i even put in a applacation at wildlife services but i could only do it part time.due to owning a electrical contracting bussness.
the girl sheephurder is who told me about you being there that weekend.
i probly did make a mess of that pair how do you guys get them to stop after killing one out of a triple i shot the middle coyote thinking it was the older female and that the closest one would stop at the shot but it didn't and the back one hit the ravin intentaniously no chance for a second shot at them. that big male wont kill anymore.
how is bill owens at the shamrock haven't seen him in years
went calling there one time but only called in fox and bobcat. just after the first of march of course called in three bob's that day what i saw in his place was a hard place to call nowhere to hide the truck. this was just after the calling semenar that jim brown and kelly put on must have been 90-93 somewhere in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
i am just putting forward what the watermans told me and what the sheephurder told me i also never said the male was alone just that he stopped the others were still coming full speed.
if the plane never flew that then who shot the two on the hill staight to the west of the big dunes west of the murphy's and who shot the one on the fence line behind the blm next to the buttes? jay said they were ones shot by you guys.two on the micinan pastire is all they said to the east of ormsby.
not tring to cause you any problems thats why i kill the most during winter and generally stop the end of march.
i've tryed to take care of the problem beforehand but when it comes to denning i know its best to get the pro's in i have killed many many coyotes but denning time is best handled by you.

Last edited:
also tim welcome aboard here will love to be able to learn from the best.
post often and give me any pointers or critasisum nessasary while i have called for 30 yrs its all been trial and error aside from the semenar that jim and kelly put on i have learned from the school of hard knocks and never had the privalage of hunting with a pro.
i'm always willing to learn from the best.
if you never flew the murphy there are still tons of yotes there on the dune next to coopers.
i never went back after i was told the helicopter took them out.

i wasn't pounding my chest i was saying you did good for one morning on a place i have been calling ever chance i could the reason i have killed that many coyotes is because i do it alot on this ranch with gas prices it saves me money not going far from home.
i have noticed that everyone is fast to think some one is streching things but i have gotten that many coyotes on this ranch. i would not have went out this time of year but dean asked me to.
i posted exactly what the rancher told me. and exactly what i shot there.
if you hadn't flown the murphy i would have called there more and maybe got more of the problem makers. i was told you guys took care of it in feb so i started calling other spots.

cmiddleton
how far do you live from this place and how big of an area??? gas prices have squashed a few out of state hunts a few buddies have planned,,it didn't seem like chest pounding to me,, so just keep shootin straight and take care of the "sheep killers" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back