The All New FOXPRO Fury

Sorry for the bad info. t's what I was told. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
Like that new color much better; it'll go with the colors around here better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
GAJoe

Last edited:
Definately wont be worth the waite for us that do not need or want a camo case,and our season opener is the 25th of October. And for those of us that have already sold our other Fox-Pro's in anticipation of an october release of this caller. I think this is stupid to waite on a camo case if there are people who do not want it, and need a caller for the season opener in pa where Fox Pro is. I see this as a very bad marketing move on there part... there is aproximatley 10 guys in my local club that are diehard Fox-Pro owners who are contimplating switching to a different brand caller because every time they inquire about a release date for the Fury they are told something different from people at Fox-Pro!!!

I'd rather they get them RIGHT before they release them, than to have issues AFTER they release them....

When they come out, I trust they will be right, & work great. In the meantime, I still have my FX-5.

My Grandad told me not to ever quit my job until I had another.....he was a smart man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

nextcounty,

I apologize for your frustration. The delay on the Fury, however, is not due to the color change. In fact, there is not much of a delay at all. We have never released an official release date of the Fury, only an estimated date. Here is what I stated earlier:

Quote:
The Fury will not be available until at least October

When releasing a new product, I believe that you should give as much notice as possible, so that people looking at purchasing your products can make the most informed decision. If I were to wait until just prior to release, I would have many more upset customers that recently purchased units. On the other hand, one danger to announcing early is that you build up excitement, and people tend to get impatient when release is close. I still believe that this is the better of the two evils, though.
I can not pinpoint an exact date as to when it will be ready. All I will say is that when it is completely ready for release, we will release it. Hopefully, it won't be much longer.
While on the subject of colors, here is a photo of the new standard color for the Fury. I will not call it a camo unit. Just something that will blend in better, and give it a cool look. This will be the only option:

Fury%20New%20Color.jpg

It actually looks even better up close than what the photo is depicting. I really like it, and it will blend in just about everywhere.

That looks real good. Personally, I don't care about the color of a caller. My first caller had a bright shiny speaker. I wrapped a piece of burlap over it and it disappeared in the grass and brush. A guy could drape a camo bandanna or T-shirt over his caller and change his camo pattern in an instant if he wanted. That said, this just shows that FOXPRO will go the extra mile to please everybody. WTG!

So the the AP calls site is not correct???????

"The FOXPRO Fury Starts Arriving the First Of November At AllPredatorCalls.com"

the remote looks huge!! compare it to the size of the call box. it looks like it will be way to big to just stick in your coat pocket. I am wondering if this will be bothersome

Quote:
the remote looks huge!! compare it to the size of the call box. it looks like it will be way to big to just stick in your coat pocket. I am wondering if this will be bothersome

That's a trade-off to get all the functions into a unit that can be operated with gloves on and read by some of us guys with bad eyes. We asked for a larger font, and got it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
To get it the size to fit in your coat pocket it would take reading glasses and a stylus like used on a PDA to operate it.
The Scorpion is the unit for those that want pocket sized.
GAJoe

so am I correct that the new remote will not operate any of the older units?? It would be nice if one those 16 channels could control the older units, then the new unit would truly do it all

a comment about the camo options or lack of them, people are way too worried about this!!!! a yote is not going to come in and see the unit and go hey I can't come in because that call box is not camo. coyotes only key in on movement, since the unit is earth tone and is not moving the unit will not be seen as an issue to the yote. all camo does imo is help mask movement, other than that is serves no other purpose. I say make all units a matte drab earth tone, I am sure this would make production much simpler, for a while there I was into snow camo, then I found there was always cedars and tops of sage brush always exposed, so I really didn't even need snow camo. if it was that much of a worry one could get a piece of the right camo they like at the fabric store and just cover the entire unit with it and secure it with rubber bands, then you would would have the exact camo for your conditions, I still don't think its necessary though

on edit: foxpro, I am sure you guys would like to be done with the offering different camo options etc, I bet its a little bit of a PIA, so here is my idea on how to get rid of it. see the form fitted outer case leupold offers for this spotting scope, I have one BTW and its awesome,

the front could flip down thus exposing the front speaker, have it padded slightly for added protection of the unit, offer these in different camo patterns as an accessory, a guy could have snow camo or max 1 outer cases if need be. I have this case on my spottting scope and I have only needed a lense pen on the lenses a couple times, it would keep the unit in like new condition on the outside.

form fitted case

Last edited:
Bummer!
Just spoke to APC and their best estimate is mid-November. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Oh well, I don't do much coyote huntin' till after deer season anyway. Hate wearin' the orange but I'm not about to take even a stroll around here without it.
GAJoe

Quote:
This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communication Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased until authorization is obtained.

I just saw this on Foxpro's website regarding the remote for the Fury. I just wonder if this has anything to do with the release date. Mike can you give us your input on this or have you already obtained approval?

Back