The All New FOXPRO Fury

Thanks Tim

100 sounds, sounds great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:

it will only come in the color shown. In person, I would describe it as a dark desert tan.

Is that set in stone so-to-speak?

On 8/28/08 Foxpro wrote "Next, I will go into more detail on the new TX-500 transmitter."

Any idea when this will take place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.....Very interested in hearing more about this new transmitting/receiving technology (fhss). More than anything I'm wanting to know if it's going to increase the reliable operating distance and make it not so critical to have line of sight.

doggin coyotes,

I apologize for the delay. I spent my Labor Day Weekend camping with my family, and did not have computer access. I returned last night, and had a pretty busy day at work today. The older I get, the more I realize the value of family time.

Now, onto the transmitter details:

TX-500 Features

• Improved Remote Performance
By utilizing FHSS technology, remote range and reliability at longer distances will greatly increase.

I will not give out exact ranges, but I will say that not only has the open range testing significantly increased, but so has the range under less than ideal conditions. The testing was impressive.

• Extra-Large LCD Panel
The extra large LCD panel provides easy to read text and menu navigation. The LCD panel features a red back light with adjustable brightness control (off, low, medium, high). You can also invert the graphics display for nighttime operation.

I know that this one has been one that many of you have been waiting for. The extra large display makes it very easy to read. The font size is much larger.
Also, the backlight is now adjustable. We have heard some say that the backlight was too bright before. So, we made it adjustable to suit your individual preferences. You have 3 intensity settings (low, medium, and high), and also an off setting, if you prefer no backlight at all.

• Numeric Keypad Sound Entry
Don't like scrolling through your sounds? Directly enter the number of the sound you wish to play on the numeric keypad for direct access. For those that prefer the scrolling, the rotary selector knob allows you to scroll through sounds without the need for memorizing your sound list.

With the TX-500, you have different options for selecting sounds. As with the TX-200, you can scroll through the sounds. And now, users can also select their sounds with a direct numeric access. If you want sound no. 234, then all you have to do is hit 234 on the keypad.

• Adjustable Sound Scrolling
Use the rotary knob to advance through sounds by the page (default) or by single sounds one at a time.

If you prefer scrolling, we have now given you a choice. In the TX-200 remote, when you scroll to the top of the page, it progresses to the next page of sounds, and the highlighted sound on the new page would be at the top. If your sound was at the bottom of the page, you have to scroll down. Now, you can choose to scroll one sound at a time--which means when the page changes, the bottom sound will be the highlighted sound.

• 10 Custom Sound Presets
Store up to 10 custom sound presets with individual volume levels. Two quick access preset buttons are located on the side of the TX-500.

One of the side buttons on the TX-500 remote is a preset button. When depressed, the transmitter goes into preset mode. Each of the numbers on the keypad are now a preset, and as with the TX-200, each preset will not only store your favorite sounds, but also at your pre-determined volume level. To exit the preset mode, simply hit the depress button again.
Also, we have given 2 quick preset buttons on the left side of the transmitter. By depressing these, you will instantly go to these presets without hitting the preset button first. The two presets will be the same presets as one and two when in the preset mode.

I will post some more pics of the transmitter tomorrow showing some of these buttons.

I will also post more information tomorrow on the TX-500 transmitter.

"I will not give out exact ranges, but I will say that not only has the open range testing significantly increased, but so has the range under less than ideal conditions. The testing was impressive."

Well that certainly cleared alot of things up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

doggin coyotes,

I apologize that I can't go into more details yet on the range, and I probably will never tie a number to it, as there are too many variables that can affect remote range. I will give out more information on the range as soon as I can, but again, I will say that the testing so far has been impressive.

Doggin',

I talked to John at the Expo. He had tested somewhat the remote. I know he said it was working in excess of 700 yards....

Now, I have had to wonder about how a person would call to have a use for the remote operated caller at even close to that distance??
Any more powerful, & the remote would have to be licensed by the FCC... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I also have to wonder about what factors a caller would be used if not "line of sight"??

The way I hunt, if the remote will run the caller at 50 yards, it's good enough.

I also like to SEE what comes in to my caller...So, why in the world would I place my caller where it wasn't "Line of Sight"?

I see questions about stuff like this & have to wonder how people use these things, that a remote range over 500 yards or hiding the caller over a hill would help anyone call in anything?
We have come a long way since we were blowing on hand calls...sounds & features continue to improve to the point that we can't tell if it's real or if it's Memorex...
I see all this a simply great improvements to a wonderful concept.
E-Callers help us in many ways.

Then I hear the questions like I refered to.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do you want an e-caller to SHOOT the game for you as well? Would you really like the aspect of listening to Madonna on headphones plugged into your remote to operate your caller?

I like an e-caller for the simple reason that I get tired of blowing on mouth calls during 14 stands in a days time. I want it to call in game. I can SKIN it myself, I can SHOOT it myself....I don't need the remote to be an "Infrared Coyote Locator" as well.

I hope there are others of you that see the humor & irony in this as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I don't even use the new & improved heat-seeking, C-2 explosive tipped, duck grease coated, non-whiz through the air bullets....I just shoot 'em with what goes where I aim.

Same as my caller. I call 'em they come, it works.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

""I also have to wonder about what factors a caller would be used if not "line of sight"??""

I have to wonder what kind of country you call that you can always manage to place the caller "line of sight"??? Don't you have any weeds, any sagebrush, any CRP grass, any cactus, any yucca??? I had no idea NM was that flat and clear of any and all vegetation. Amazing.

""The way I hunt, if the remote will run the caller at 50 yards, it's good enough.""

Fantastic for you. Problem is, not everybody hunts *the way you hunt* Sometimes 50 yards is good enough and all I need. Sometimes I need a remote to work every time, all the time, dependably at 100 or MORE yards.

""I also like to SEE what comes in to my caller...So, why in the world would I place my caller where it wasn't "Line of Sight"?""

Ummmm, because sometimes it's not possible to place the caller *line of sight* (see above)

""Do you want an e-caller to SHOOT the game for you as well? Would you really like the aspect of listening to Madonna on headphones plugged into your remote to operate your caller?""

Are these legitimate questions or is it just your way of trying to be a cute little funny guy???

""I hope there are others of you that see the humor & irony in this as well.""

I fail to see any humor in it.

""I don't even use the new & improved heat-seeking, C-2 explosive tipped, duck grease coated, non-whiz through the air bullets....I just shoot 'em with what goes where I aim.""

Witty sir, very witty. I bet your mama is proud of you.:(

One final thing rockin. It's the replies like yours that give so many folks the impression that the PM mods are so biased towards Foxpro. Can't you see that? Mr. Dillon is a big boy. I don't really think he needs your help answering questions. Truth be known, he probably doesn't even want you answering questions pertaining to a new product which you really have no experiance with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif But I could be wrong.

Anytime I, as a member of this board cannot see the the humor in someone asking a stupid question, getting a resonable answer, then not letting it go, cannot post in ANY thread on this open board is the day that I'll hang it up.

I'm totally sure now who looks biased, juvenile & insecure.....It's not me.

Doggin coyototes
I was lucky and got to play with this new remote a little, it works farther then I care to shoot with out a shooting table. It has more features then I thought was necessary just a few years ago for hunting, but times are changing and hunting methods I guess. It is hard to fathom how developed this equipment has come in just a few years.

FoxPro’s news calls have gotten to a point with a clean and professional recording sound I would find it hard if not imposable to tell the difference between a real animal and the electronic call. After spending close to a week talking to Steve Dillon or as some call him Mr. Sound Track. Well I have a new respect in sound quality of there electronic calls and there capabilities. Every one is making a big deal out of the remote and all its new features that are great, but Steve’s recording capabilities and the sound capability of this new 24 bit unit is what is really great for a fussy guy like me. This new unit definably has me checking my cash.
Ernie

Quote:

I'm totally sure now who looks biased, juvenile & insecure.....It's not me.

Are you totally sure it's not you? Some may disagree.

I see the lariat rope laying there. Yes I do. It's right there, laying amonst the rattlesnakes. Do I pick it up or leave it lay? That is the question. It's times like this I wish my Grandpa were still alive. He would know the answer. Without a doubt, he would know.

Biased, juvenile, AND insecure doggin may be done with this thread. Reckon I'll just hide in the sagebrush watching that rope. Heck, rockin might pick it up. If I remember right he's the one that put it there in the first place.

Mike,
Sometimes my FX5 has trouble getting the signal from the remote if I put it in a hayfield with dew on the grass. I understand the problem. Is this new FHSS technology more, less, or as susceptible to this problem? Has there been enough field testing to know?
GAJoe

Last edited:
Bofire,

One of the beauty's of the Fury is that it is as easy, or easier to operate than any of our other models. You can simply pick up the remote, punch your number or scroll to your sound, and your set to go. No classes needed to operate. However, for those that like more advanced features, the Fury should fill their needs as well.

Georgiajoe,

The Fury, not only in theory, but also in actual testing, will operate better in the conditions that you are speaking of. Because of the FHSS, we are able to utilize more power in the transmitter, which equates to a more powerful signal to the unit.

Buckwheat,

Thanks for posting the link. For those of you that don't know Buckwheat, I will just say this. He is one heck of a caller, and more importantly, I can say that I now have a new friend. Ernie won the PA state calling championship, and won an all expense paid trip to the World Calling Contest in Kansas. He traveled with us to Kansas, so I got to spend a lot of time with him. Since my return, I have been meaning to get in contact with you, but my plate has been really full. Thanks for a great time Ernie!

Now, on to more of the features (sorry about the delay):

• 10 Custom Sound Sequences
Design up to 10 entire stands including the individual sounds, volume levels, durations, and passages of silence. When selected, a custom sequence will go through the steps you defined and complete your entire calling sequence without requiring any need for using the remote control.

These sequences are really cool. Now, you can program up to 10 entire stand sequences, and access them from the remote control. For example, I could start a sequence with a jackrabbit distress at a low volume, and then switch it to a higher volume for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, I could program 30 seconds of silence, and then switch to a woodpecker distress at a higher volume for 2 minutes. After that, a coyote pup distress for a minute, and then back to the jackrabbit distress. This entire sequence will occur automatically by simply depressing the SEQ button on the transmitter, and then depressing the number that I have that sequence programmed into to, for example, 1. And, at any time I can get out of the sequence by simply selecting another sound, a preset button, mute, etc. The idea is to keep your hands free from the remote control, keeping your eyes focused out in front of you for incoming predators.

• FOXFADE™
Manipulate the volume level of the L/R channels on a stereo audio file. For example, if you are playing a sound that has a rabbit on the left audio channel and a coyote on the right audio channel you can use FOXFADE to gain independent control of volume of both sounds within the stereo audio file (i.e. decrease the volume of the rabbit--or silence it completely--while the volume of the coyote remains the same or vice versa.) In mono operation FOXFADE will act as a mixer moving sounds from the front speaker to rear speaker.

This is another really cool feature, if you choose to use it. Many people have asked for the ability to play 2 sounds at one time. This takes it one step further, as long as you have the 2 sounds recorded together as a stereo file, and the unit is in the stereo mode. I can play a stereo file of a rabbit and woodpecker, and have the rabbit come out my internal front speaker, and the woodpecker come out the internal rear speaker (or front speaker and rear speaker if you have externals plugged in). When the sound is first sent to the unit, both sounds will play at the same level. When you depress the foxfade button, you now have the ability to lower either the woodpecker or the rabbit sound, while maintaining the same volume on the other sound. You can even lower the sound to complete silence. If you are one that likes to use external speakers in your setup, this could really offer some advantages. Now, if the unit is in mono mode, and you hit foxfade, you can make the volume of the sound increase on one speaker, and decrease on the other. Let's say I have 2 externals plugged in, each at different distances from the unit. By hitting the foxfade, I can make sound move from one speaker to the other speaker.

• A/V (Auto Volume)
Auto Volume allows you to begin your sound playback at zero volume and slowly increase it to your desired level. Once your desired has been reached, the volume level will begin to modulate up and down. This leaves your hands free from making manual volume changes.

I know a lot of times hunting hear in the thicker woods, I like to start the sound at a low volume, and slowly work my way up to a louder volume. With the Auto Volume activated, I no longer have to keep my hands on the remote control to slowly depress the the volume up button. When I send my sound to the unit, it will automatically start at a low volume, and slowly work it's way up to the default volume 30. This level can be changed at any time while the sound is playing by hitting the volume up or down key to your desired maximum volume level. Once the sound reaches the max volume level, it will then attenuate up and down. It will go down by 35 percent of the max volume, and then back up to the max volume. Again, the idea behind this is to keep your hands free from the remote control, so your eyes can stay focused in front of you.

• Three Sound Playback Modes
Continuous Mode results in the selected sound playing continuously until you stop it.
This is the default mode, and the mode that will be used by most

Single Play Mode allows you to have the selected sound play once, then stop.

For those that would rather have their selected sound play one loop, and then stop, this mode is for them.

Sequential Mode will play one sound to the end then move on to the next sound.

Same as the jukebox mode on the FX series, this mode will play one sound for one loop, and then advance to the next sound

• Adjustable Volume Ramping
Set the increment speed for volume increase and decrease. For example, you can assign each volume up/down button press the be equal to 2, 4, 5, 8, or 10 steps.

We have heard from some that they prefer a quicker volume up or down ramp speed. With the new Fury, you can now select how many steps it takes to get from the minimum to the max volume. If you like very rapid volume steps, then select 10. This give you only 4 volume steps from min to max volume. In other words, when you hit the volume up button, it will ramp to max volume very quickly. If you prefer a slower ramp speed, then you can select a different volume ramp speed. If you choose 2, now there will be 20 steps from min to max volume.

I know I have said this earlier, but I will be posting more photos of the transmitter to show the side buttons, and the menu selections, but not until early next week.

I will go into more of the details later.

Last edited:
I got to play with the remote at the Expo. It is awesome, very easy to operate and feels very good in the hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Kerry

Back