The All New FOXPRO Fury

FOXPRO

I am excited to go into more details on our latest unit, the Fury. First, before I go on, let me put some information up about this unit. I know that a link has already been posted, and I thank you for that. This will keep people from going back and forth, though, between screens.
One thing I would like you to understand before you read the features, is to know that even though there are some advanced features, this remote is as easy to use as any of our prior products. You can just pick up the remote, send your sound and volume as easy as before. So don't be overwhelmed by its features, as there are many new ones.

Here it is:

The FOXPRO FURY takes predator calling to a whole new level with great new features, 24-bit audio, and the new TX-500 remote control.

When it comes to electronic predator calls, FOXPRO understands the needs of the worldwide predator hunting community. By reaching out to the hunters through online forums, feedback through online questionnaires, and maintaining an open line of communication, FOXPRO listens to their needs.

The new FOXPRO FURY is a culmination of feature requests that the predator hunting community has wanted to see in a digital game call.

With 24-bit audio, increased sound storage, and a vamped-up feature packed remote control, FOXPRO is proud to introduce this latest creation to the predator calling world.

The FURY combines the rugged and lightweight design from the FX Series housing and dual speaker system with the latest technology available today. Also included with the FURY is the all-new TX-500 remote control; offering improved range performance and more control at your fingertips than ever before!

The TX-500 gives you 10 sound presets with custom volume levels and two quick access buttons for your most frequently used sounds. On top of that, you can design up to 10 complete stands from start to finish by mapping out sounds, durations of the sounds being played, and volume level for a completely hands-free predator calling experience. The extra large LCD panel makes text easier to read and the new powerful navigational menus provide you with an operating interface that is easy to use.

The FURY is the most advanced digital game call that has ever been produced by FOXPRO. For more information, check out the features below.

FURY Features:

• 2GB Of Internal Storage
Store and play up to 500 sounds with the massive 2GB of internal memory! The FURY will come standard with 100 high-quality sounds from FOXPRO's incredible sound library.

• 24-Bit Audio
24-bit audio for extreme audio performance. The FURY can play .mp3, uncompressed .wav, .fxp (FOXPRO's proprietary file type), and .24b (FOXPRO's 24-bit file type).

• Dual Amplified Speakers
Individually amplified horn (front) and cone (rear) speaker combination provides loud, crystal-clear audio and great frequency response. You can switch the internal speakers on/off from the main unit and from the TX-500 remote control.

• Two External Speaker Jacks
Connect up to two additional speakers to the FURY for a total of four speakers playing simultaneously. You can control those external speakers from the TX-500 remote control.

• USB 2.0 Port
Quickly and easily reprogram your FURY right from your computer!

• 16 Channels of Remote Operation
Operate up to 16 different units from a single remote.

• Remote/Manual Operation
Use the FURY with the remote or choose to operate it manually from the controls located on the front.

• Stereo or Mono Operation
Stereo and mono operational modes can be selected from the TX-500 remote control.

• Charge Jack
The charge jack can be used with FOXPRO's 8 'AA' battery charger or fast charger system. This jack can also be used as an external power input for use with 12V Power Pack.

• Red Backlit LCD Display

• Low Battery Indicator

• Battery Management System

• Operates on 8 'AA' Batteries

TX-500 Features

• Improved Remote Performance
By utilizing FHSS technology, remote range and reliability at longer distances will greatly increase.

• Extra-Large LCD Panel
The extra large LCD panel provides easy to read text and menu navigation. The LCD panel features a red back light with adjustable brightness control (off, low, medium, high). You can also invert the graphics display for nighttime operation.

• Numeric Keypad Sound Entry
Don't like scrolling through your sounds? Directly enter the number of the sound you wish to play on the numeric keypad for direct access. For those that prefer the scrolling, the rotary selector knob allows you to scroll through sounds without the need for memorizing your sound list.

• Adjustable Sound Scrolling
Use the rotary knob to advance through sounds by the page (default) or by single sounds one at a time.

• 10 Custom Sound Presets
Store up to 10 custom sound presets with individual volume levels. Two quick access preset buttons are located on the side of the TX-500.

• 10 Custom Sound Sequences
Design up to 10 entire stands including the individual sounds, volume levels, durations, and passages of silence. When selected, a custom sequence will go through the steps you defined and complete your entire calling sequence without requiring any need for using the remote control.

• FOXFADE™
Manipulate the volume level of the L/R channels on a stereo audio file. For example, if you are playing a sound that has a rabbit on the left audio channel and a coyote on the right audio channel you can use FOXFADE to gain independent control of volume of both sounds within the stereo audio file (i.e. decrease the volume of the rabbit--or silence it completely--while the volume of the coyote remains the same or vice versa.) In mono operation FOXFADE will act as a mixer moving sounds from the front speaker to rear speaker.

• A/V (Auto Volume)
Auto Volume allows you to begin your sound playback at zero volume and slowly increase it to your desired level. Once your desired has been reached, the volume level will begin to modulate up and down. This leaves your hands free from making manual volume changes.

• Three Sound Playback Modes
Continuous Mode results in the selected sound playing continuously until you stop it.

Single Play Mode allows you to have the selected sound play once, then stop.

Sequential Mode will play one sound to the end then move on to the next sound.

• Adjustable Volume Ramping
Set the increment speed for volume increase and decrease. For example, you can assign each volume up/down button press the be equal to 2, 4, 5, 8, or 10 steps.

• Adjustable Auxiliary Device Jack Control
Control how your auxiliary device jack operates from momentary (for use with the FOXPRO Jack-in-the-Box Decoy) or latched (for use with other devices such as different manufacturers decoys.)

• Wireless Sound Transfer
After programming sounds into the FURY you will not need to use a patch cable to transfer the list to the remote. The sound list will be automatically transferred into the TX-500.

• Internal and External Speaker Control
Turn internal and external speakers on/off via the TX-500

• Mono/Stereo Operation
Select mono or stereo audio operation from the remote control.

• Mute Button

• Volume Up/Down

• Recall Button
Instantly jump back to the last sound and volume level played with the push of a button!

• Operates on 3 'AA' Batteries

• The FURY is backed with a 5 year limited warranty

• Made in USA!

OK. Now that the ad is out of the way, here are some photos:

Fury3.jpg

remotecomapre2.jpg

And the remotes in your hand:

remotepics.jpg

I know that that the remote is a little larger than our current remote control. Basically, we had no choice. We needed to address the size of the print on the LCD screen, and the only thing to do was to increase it's size. That is where the bulk of the additional size is coming from. However, we also made it very ergonomic and user friendly. It fits in your hand very comfortably. Even though we added more buttons to the transmitter, we did not decrease their size. We felt that it was important to not shrink the keys to make them very easy to push. We also added some side buttons to each side of the transmitter.

My next goal is to go over the features one by one, to explain in more detail. Any questions so far?

Mike,

I'll take that one in the picture/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Vaportrail,

I am glad that you like it.

Uncle Jay,

Yes, as a matter of fact, this unit will store and access your FAV 10. And remember, not only your favorite 10 sounds, but also their volume levels. But sorry, this version will not open your garage door.

gary paugh,

The Fury will not be available until at least October.

When do the classes start for learning all these new additions? LOL...

I really and I mean really, love that bigger control, that will be the selling point for me!

Ok then, looks like I will need to start saving the penny's.

I got to play with the remote some at the show. I think it's really cool.
counting the days till I get to play with one where it counts!

Now, to dissect some of these features. I will start with some of the features listed.

• 2GB Of Internal Storage
Store and play up to 500 sounds with the massive 2GB of internal memory! The FURY will come standard with 100 high-quality sounds from FOXPRO's incredible sound library.

This one is pretty self explanatory. The Fury will come standard with 100 sounds, but has the ability to store and play 500 sounds. Not that you will ever need that many, but who knows? My Iphone to date has over 1000 songs on it. Most MP3 players anymore give you plenty of storage space and the ability to hold alot of sounds. The choice is yours if you want to fill it or not. Why be limited?

• 24-Bit Audio
24-bit audio for extreme audio performance. The FURY can play .mp3, uncompressed .wav, .fxp (FOXPRO's proprietary file type), and .24b (FOXPRO's 24-bit file type).

The Fury is a 24 bit unit. We mentioned in the past that our Mark II sound library was recorded in 24 bit. Now, the unit plays in 24 bit to give you the most extreme audio performance. It will still support lower bit rate sounds.

• Dual Amplified Speakers
Individually amplified horn (front) and cone (rear) speaker combination provides loud, crystal-clear audio and great frequency response. You can switch the internal speakers on/off from the main unit and from the TX-500 remote control.

As with all of our FX series units, the Fury utilizes both a horn and cone speaker. However, the Fury gives you the ability to not only remotely control your external speakers, but also your internal speakers.

• Two External Speaker Jacks
Connect up to two additional speakers to the FURY for a total of four speakers playing simultaneously. You can control those external speakers from the TX-500 remote control.

Unlike the FX series units, the Fury features 2 external speaker jacks. This gives you the ability to plug in 2 external speakers, plus remotely turn them on or off.

• USB 2.0 Port
Quickly and easily reprogram your FURY right from your computer!

Again, as with our FX series units, this allows for downloading sounds from your computer directly to the unit.

• 16 Channels of Remote Operation
Operate up to 16 different units from a single remote.

Not that you will ever need it, but now you can independently control up to 16 units from a single transmitter. But, if you have some friends that have them, you could utilize them all on the same stand, and have sound coming from many different directions.

• Remote/Manual Operation
Use the FURY with the remote or choose to operate it manually from the controls located on the front.

As with the FX series, the Fury can be operated with or without the remote control.

• Stereo or Mono Operation
Stereo and mono operational modes can be selected from the TX-500 remote control.

The Fury can operate in stereo or mono mode. What does that really mean? Suppose you have a coyote and rabbit sound in stereo. With the Fury in stereo mode, one sound will come out the front speaker, and the other sound will come out the rear speaker. Or, if you are using externals, the same applies. In mono mode, the coyote and rabbit sound play through both the front and rear speaker at the same time. With the ability to remotely turn on and off speakers, this becomes more of a feature. And even better, you can remotely change the Fury from mono to stereo mode.

• Charge Jack
The charge jack can be used with FOXPRO's 8 'AA' battery charger or fast charger system. This jack can also be used as an external power input for use with 12V Power Pack.

• Red Backlit LCD Display

• Low Battery Indicator

• Battery Management System

• Operates on 8 'AA' Batteries

The above features are the same as always.

Next, I will go into more detail on the new TX-500 transmitter.

Questions?

To me it represents the evolution of what hunter's want in the field.

The remote seems & handles more like my TV remote, so I don't foresee problems there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I talked to John at the Expo, & he said he had tested the remote for 700 yards or so, & it was still strong!
I personally don't place the caller more than 40 yards from me while on a stand, in most cases, but have gone 100-150 before....and killed coyotes.

I like the bigger display. I have to have reading glasses now, & I don't use them afield.....I was having trouble finding a lanyard long enough to get the FX-5 remote at arm's length where I can read it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mike, I also like the desert tan color.
It's a great base color. It would work fine as it is in my area, but add a few sprays of green or darker brown, like when you camo paint a rifle & you have a custom camo job!

The sound capability is astounding! Although I don't foresee myself even coming close to using capacity.

Congratulations on the caller. It looks to be a great addition! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BTW...Kudos for introducing the Fury with a lower MSRP!

Barry

The remote really is easy to operate and takes very little time to get a handle on. The "back" menus are a huge asset to setting things up, (in my own words) it's very similar to operating a TV remote menu. I attended a meeting in July at FoxPro about the Fury and at the time all Mike had was a circuit board attached to an LCD screen and it took me all of two minutes to figure things out.

I know I'm a little biased (comes with the territory) but I can't wait for the UPS man to show up with one. The Auto Volume is sure to become my greatest asset. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Super excited about this one! I was close to springing for a FX5 but will be waiting for the Fury.

Hopefully I can have one in my hands in October so I can enjoy it this season.

I can't wait to get my hand on one! I'm very pleased to hear that it is easy to program with the new remote. I"m not very good at things like that, when I got my FX5 I was a little concerned about not being able to understand and use the caller to it's potential, but it is easy that a child could do it! And to think that I didn't think a caller could surpass my FX5!! Thanks Foxpro!!

Quote:
.Next, I will go into more detail on the new TX-500 transmitter.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Probably Tuesday!!!!

I know he is camping with he family over this long weekend, after spending most of last month on the road for the show and various other events and training. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

How many sounds will it come with? And can you get the unit itself in camo? I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif....And just when I thought I was getting caught up with all my gadgets.

Quote:
How many sounds will it come with? And can you get the unit itself in camo? I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif....And just when I thought I was getting caught up with all my gadgets.

It will come with 100 sounds which can be of your choice if you order through FoxPro or APCalls.com and it will only come in the color shown. In person, I would describe it as a dark desert tan.

Back